Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Seiko Chronograph Men's Quartz Watch SNDF09
Your Garage Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Gemini Syndrome Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Water Sports

on May 29, 2014
I'm a medical student, and I was looking for a solid, all-around watch which would be equally at home in the clinic, the operating room, or kayaking on the bay. I settled on this watch because it was aesthetically similar to a Tissot I saw on the wrist of one of the attending physicians on my OB/GYN rotation, but still within my price range. It has a large, masculine face with a striking yellow second hand (for the chronograph), but a slim enough profile such that it does not get caught on my dress shirts. I have been complimented on it both at work and during my time off, but I would be remiss if I did not mention the fact that although it is aesthetically beyond reproach, it can be difficult to read in low-light conditions, and if it's dark, forget about it. Overall, though, an excellent compromise between form and function.
on March 10, 2014
I ordered, then returned this watch. There is no question, from a design perspective, it's a beautiful watch, but it's nearly impossible to read under most lighting conditions. The minute and hour hands are thin and blend in with the watch's background.
on January 30, 2014
I have a few watches and wanted a cheaper watch to wear when fishing or working outdoors. This watch is terrible, the hands are not readable, they do not have enough contrast to be seen. I bought a Seiko SNDC 89 for a few more bucks and WOW what a difference just a great watch all around....
on August 11, 2015
Purchased this for last christmas, i really like this watch, it is well constructed, i went to the swimming pool with it several times, and have shower as well.
no battery issues till now, it is a bit heavy, but i like it. Be aware, in low light situations it is complicated to read it. you have to search the correct angle to read it, when you are driving it's almost impossible at night to read it.
As you could see in the image i uploaded the chronometer 1-20 second (the green one) is out of place, is not on zero. no way to set it right.
I uploaded a photo of the watch with 5 cents next to it, in order to make it easier for you to compare the actual size.
Since I'm in Ecuador, it is a bit complicated to contact seller for warranty, so, that would be my 2 little complaints about this watch.
I'm still happy with this watch, seems durable an really good looking.
Yes, i would recommend this.
review image
on March 28, 2015
This watch is great. It's a fantastic bargain and it's functionality is amazing.
My only complaint is that the silver hands are sometimes hard to read (since they're very reflective and angled) against the black background, and I often have to tilt the watch to catch the light correctly enough to see the time.
Also the Big yellow second hand is part of the chronograph. The second hand counter for the watch is the middle dial on the left side. I don't' mind this though, as I use the chronograph (which reads up to 1/20th of a second!) during my daily commute.

Overall, you can't beat the price and functionality. I would recommend.
on October 15, 2014
Decent watch, have had Seiko's for years now. Have received numerous compliments on it, looks good--not very tough though. Dropped 2 feet off a table onto tile floor and the small hand for the stop watch broke off and is now loose rattling around. Downside--it does not illuminate, and the hands and hour indicators are the same silver color-at certain hours you don't see where the minute and hour hands are--usually 12 and 6 o'clock. Would probably pass on this one again and get a different Seiko.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 2, 2015
Nice looking watch for the price. Stylish but not glitzy. However, one major fault. Like other reviews, the hour and minute hands are near impossible to see in most lighting conditions. You are tilting and rotating the watch back and forth trying to see the time. I will keep the watch because it is nice. Just make sure you read these reviews. This many people can't be wrong
on April 4, 2014
read reviews and people said it was hard to read the hour and minute hands. I'm going out on a limb here and say they were older folks. The hands are definitely visible as each one is a triangle of sorts. 2 arms that meet at the top. So I see it fine. The rest is great, the band is skinnier than usual though, I think. This is the 9mm and I know they make the same one at 10mm and is like $40 more. Personally, I have a smaller wrist and looks great. Not bulky and very sleek. Note that the big yellow hand you see is not the seconds, instead the tachymeter arms.
on September 23, 2014
Really good watch, I've only had a couple of days with it and I already love it. The Chronograph is a joy to watch as it works and the watch itself feels really good. It is easy to remove links if you wrist is too small, so don't worry about it.

I will keep this review updated in case the watch fails, I hope it doesn't cause I really like it.

The only thing you need to have in mind, the hands are kind of hard to ready depending on the light. I knew this but I decided to continue with the purchase, it is still a beautiful watch.
on February 11, 2015
I was very disappointed with this watch. The hands and the minute marks are both chrome and vanish in the dark and there is no back light. After about 6 months, the chronograph has skipped forward by a second and will not return to Zero. I thought Seiko made a better watch.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse