Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 11-20 of 57 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 74 reviews
on September 8, 2011
I had this watch for a couple of months. I collect low end automatics as well as having some more expensive pieces.

My last watch before this was a Timex Automatic I picked up for $60 on sale. It was water resistant but had no illumination. I really missed having illumination. The crown would slowly unscrew over time and at some point I went swimming with it and the crown was open...end of that watch. Chinese movement is very low cost while having good performance.

This watch basically fixes all the problems with the Timex. The crown is very tight and it glows all night long. I use the bezel about once a day to time things. It is harder to set then the timex but not a problem. The crystal is recessed so it is very hard to scratch. The overall construction is excellent and it comes across as big slab of metal. In black this is not a watch to get attention, it is pretty nondescript.

I would say get this watch if you need a reliable time piece but don't need spot on accuracy. I have much more expensive watches that cost more then this watch to fix and it takes months to ship them to Switzerland and then get them back. I'm tired of that game and sticking to low end watches these days and am much happier for day to day. I don't fear for my financial future if I scrape my watch into a brick wall, don't care, the worst I could do is scratch this monster. This watch does everything good enough and some things excellent. It is not missing anything, like illumination. Also, the fact that this watch is so popular guarantees that down the road you can get something for it if you put it up for sale. It will hold some value.
on October 4, 2013
Cant beat the bang for your buck here. The lume is amazing. I pick it up and wear it with the suit every now and again and it goes well. Rides smooth under dress shirt cuff with no issues. Its very comfy. I often get asked what the watch is because people mistake it for a expensive automatic. Only gripe I have which I have with some other divers that have the moving bezel - when spun all the way around to sit at the 12 oclock or "home" position the arrow just does not line up perfectly on the 12. This is not something anyone can just peek at and see. Mainly just seen by me, though I find it annoying more than anything. I have read where you can pop the bezel off and try to align it better, but I havent tried...that is my only disappointment. For the money though it is a great auto, that looks and functions great. The lume lasts so long that throughout the night once your eyes adjust to the dark you can tell time all night without any problem.
on May 29, 2013
I bought this watch almost 2 years ago, and it is still going strong. mostly accurate time, every other month or so you have to adjust it by a minute or so. I haven't been easy on it, i have slammed it into solid metal, scratched it, etc. And this thing is still ticking.

fantastic watch. it's a little thick and pretty heavy, but the face is not too wide like a lot of watches being made today. I don't go diving in this thing but i have taken it into the shower, and even swam with it on and have had no issues. absolutely no moisture has ever leaked into this thing it's fantastic.

accuracy. also the watch is very accurate. i only seem to loose a minute after 2 or 3 months.
on December 13, 2013
This watch was supposed to be my last purchase, a block of metal that would last forever in all situations, but it was not to be. Shortly after it came it began to speed up, adding as much as 30 minutes in a day. I sent it in to a watch repair establishment and it worked for a few weeks and went back to it's old racing habit. Eventually parked it with a heavy heart. This is my first Seiko disappointment. I took a chance and replaced it with the Men's SNE107 Solar Dive Watch, which has cleared a year of hard use so far with absolutely no problems. I am really not sure what the story is with the Black Monster I got. I still recommend Seiko highly, but cautious with the Black and Orange Monster diver's watches.
on April 14, 2013
Purchased: 26FEB2013

Pros: Great value, bracelet links are easy to add or remove, bright lume, comfortable to wear, looks okay on my small wrist.

Cons: Style can be a hit or miss, prominent bezel is easily rotated by accident, the spaces (top and bottom) between the case and bezel are hard to clean, the crown protection could be more substantial.

Other: It's easy to see why this watch is a cult favorite and a bargain at $170. The prominent bezel makes the watch's look either a hit or miss. My cons are really just nitpicking. Seiko's 7S26 automatic movement runs fast, gaining 4 minutes over the first 45 days of constant use.

Updates:
on March 29, 2012
The watch came much earlier than expected in a nice white Seiko box. Upon looking at the watch for the first time, I must say that I was expecting the face of the watch to be bigger, but after using it I am excited to say that it is the perfect size for me - big enough to create an impression and small enough not to create a distraction. The make of the watch strucked me as one of ruggedness and class. I am sure whoever designed the functional and cosmetic aspect of this watch must have had put in alot of thoughts in making a divers watch capable of going 200m and yet functional and presentable to be worn as a dress watch.
on March 24, 2012
This is an excellent purchase. When I first opened the package I was amazed at how substantial this watch actually is it has a very large, easy to ready dial, quality movement which is 100% accurate. This is a true divers watch but can be worn by everyday users. Quality craftmanship, excellent mechanism and no battery needed because it has automatic movement. I use this watch everyday, I am very glad that I chose this watch! Seiko quality at an affordable price and I received this product from Mr. Watch "one of Amazon's distributors" in a very timely fashion.
Great watch, Great price! A quality timepiece for an excellent price, this is truley a great purchase for oneself or as a gift.
on December 27, 2013
I have had this for 2 years now not one issue, if you leave unused for >1 day it will loose time,
I have used for underwater diving, at work it looks good in any forma situation and casual, I noticed it leave a scar on back of hand from screw position hitting wrist as it flexes. Still receive lots of compliments
Update had this watch for 4 years now and no issues. I get more compliments with this watch than my much higher end and more expensive watch. Has seen the bottom of the ocean floor 35 feet from ocean top and no problem. Best part it self winds.
on June 23, 2011
This is a mechanical automatic watch. Many watch aficionados prefer this type even though they generally are not as accurate as quartz watches.
This Seiko diver watch is much sought after by watch collectors. It is nicknamed the "Black Monster."
It is beautiful piece, with all of the durability that goes with the reputation of many years of Seiko Dive watches.
Note, that this model does not have a hacking ability or manual winding. The winding of the mechanism is accomplished by the normal movement of the arm of the wearer.
The lume on this watch is amazing. Shine a light directly on it and go into a dark room, it is bright and easy to read.
This watch is a sturdy dive watch, with a 200 meter depth rating it is perfect for most types of scuba diving. Or it is great as a dress watch..
on December 25, 2013
You can't beat the casually classy look of the Seiko Monster series...there's just no watch like it...it keeps time moderately well, but I do recommend getting a de-magnetizer with the purchase of any Japanese movement watch, inevitably you will begin to gain/lose seconds to mins per day due to use...this device will help demagnetize your hairspring assembly which will sometimes avoid having to make a trip to get it fixed by a professional