Truck Reviews HPC Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Shop now STL18_GNO

on February 4, 2018
This is the second SKX 009 that I bought from Amazon. The first one had a very tight bezel to the point where it's nearly impossible to be rotated. I returned the first one and bought another one. The second one arrived today and it's perfect. The rotating bezel spins smoothly and this is no alignment issue for either of them, unlike the SKX 007 that I bought earlier from Amazon. The hands' alignment is perfect, too. This one came with a two-piece box BTW, not sure what the original market is.
9 people found this helpful
on March 27, 2017
The Seiko box had obviously been opened before. When I opened it there was an obvious empty space were the instruction booklet and certificate would normally be. The booklet and certificate were nowhere to be found. In its place was a cheap pamphlet. Nothing was sealed. There were tags in the box, but they were creased and not even attached to the watch. The watch it self was dirty around the backplate creases.

I had a bad feeling about everythibg and I'm in the process of returning it. Take a look at my photos and decide for your self.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview image
35 people found this helpful
|33 comments|Report abuse
on December 17, 2017
Everybody loves this watch, so I am not sure I can add much. It is great to get a real diver's watch in a small enough size (42mm) for daily wear. My wrist is 7 1/4" and anything more than 42mm feels a bit extreme for me. (This is subjective, of course.) The one gripe is the same one I have with all three-position crowns (closed, date adjust, time adjust) -- finding the date adjust position is more art than science. I replaced the stock silicone band with a navy blue zulu strap and am very happy with the result. Some reviews have commented that the face is darker blue than the images seem to suggest. I can confirm that it is the darker blue, but I can also say I would not have it any other way.
review imagereview image
4 people found this helpful
on July 26, 2017
So far so good. Will be in the ocean with it soon. Will post a follow up. I replaced strap with a 22mm curved end super oyster bracelet. Did same thing with my skx007. I've showered so far...while wearing it. No issues. The lume is fantastic.

3 aug 2017 update---

Recently took both my Seiko divers for a test drive. Haven't went diving (I'm not certified but it's on my bucket list)

Listen up sports fans!!
The SKX009 and also my 007 are the real deal.

For those looking for a sporty, yet classy time piece, but aren't looking to spend Rolex $$$ then check out the SKX009 or 007.
Why do I have both, you may ask!!
Because why the hell not?
I switched to the super oyster bracelet and it turns these watches into classy, sporty and elegance all in one. I constantly receive compliments.

So, the test drive...

Went snorkeling. About 15' of Gulf of Mexico ocean (FL panhandle)

These watches take the salt water like it's no joke. Simply wear the watch in the shower, and you're good to go.
I actually wear every night in the shower. No issues. These watches were built to be appreciated yet worn. And worn a lot.
In addition to the ocean, I swam a lot this week too. Something the super oyster bracelet is better for. The stock band is "ok" but chlorine tends to break down rubber/resin. Stainless steel will not break down. And wilth a simple rinse, you're back at it.

Look, honestly--
These time pieces look great in jeans, and a Tee. A button down and slacks. Or in gym attire. Makes no diff.

The lume is great. The movement is the workhorse of Seiko. 7S26.

The models I own do not say "21 jewels" on it.

I could give two damns about that.

Let me know if you have questions and I'll do my best to answer.

22 Sep 2017. Changed it up a little. 22mm NATO strap. Looks/feels great.
review imagereview imagereview image
|11 comment|Report abuse
on February 19, 2016
Great watch all in all. The rubber strap in the photo is not the exact strap the watch comes with however. The rubber strap pictured comes on the seiko skx173 which I have also purchased now and has a better dial in my opinion. In the photo my 009k and the 173.
review image
13 people found this helpful
on September 1, 2017
It's not my first Seiko SKX. But it might be my prettiest. I've been diving with a Seiko SKX007 for about 20 years. This SKX009 just looks too good to abuse right now... I'm including a picture featuring the watch with a "NATO" strap also purchased on Amazon.

The SKX Seikos are simply the best 'beater' watches out there.
review image
6 people found this helpful
on August 15, 2017
Great watch. I was a little dubious about the quality after hitting the button on Amazon, but this watch is genuine, and ships with all tags, guarantee (Japan) and box.

The watch itself is stunning. More so than I expected, and much nicer than the pics on Amazon, they really don't do it justice. A really deep blue colouring on the dial and bezel and that eye-catching red as well. The band is black rubber/nylon and quite hard initially, but seems to be conforming to my wrist with time. I have a NATO strap for it, but persisting with the stock rubber watch band for now as I don't like the feeling of a wet fabric watch strap on my wrist after washing my hands.

Has kept good time so far and by all accounts should continue to do so. It's not a massive watch, or at least not as big as I expected, but I have a large wrist, and I think that many of the people who have reviewed these on Youtube/Amazon must have smaller wrists. It fits well and doesn't look bulky or out of place. I plan on wearing this every day, I'm not a watch collector but a high school teacher and need a reliable watch that tends to get a fairly hard time being bumped and scratched against the brick walls and staircases of the school campus. I also run the outdoor education program at the school, and so need a watch that is waterproof and well built as we regularly take kids kayaking, abseiling and trekking amongst other activities. Looking at the build quality of this thing, I've no doubt it will stand up to the job.

Very happy overall.
on March 8, 2016
It truly is as all those who have bought this watch before me have said. Absolutely amazing value.
I have acquired a number of excellent (expensive) unique watches over the years. I have loved watches ever since my uncle gave me a gold colored Bulova for my eighth birthday.. I still remember being absolutely mesmerized at that glowing beauty as I lifted the lid on the cushion lined plastic box it came in.
My wife thought I had lost my marbles when I asked her to order the Seiko SKX 009 for my birthday. That evening we watched the movie AlI is Lost with the main character, Robert Redford wearing this watch. "If its good enough for him, I guess its good enough for you." she joked.
I had done my research on the history of this watch. The multitude of reviews I read put the quality and durability of this timepiece at a near mythical level. I'm sure Seiko could easily sell this watch for far more.
The second day after receiving the watch, I went out and purchased an inexpensive black Nato strap for it. Now it was perfect. I threw out the the black rubber strap it came with. I know from the many reviews I had read that many were pleased with it, but it wasn't for me. A little too hefty and stiff.
Anyway, I have a feeling this beauty is now going to be my daily beater for a long time.
4 people found this helpful
on July 18, 2017
This is really a great watch. I've had it for about a month now, and it is keeping very accurate time. It's pretty much Goldilocks sized (neither too big, nor too small, but just right) and has a nice heft to it. And the lume is fantastic. Highly recommended.
on July 19, 2015
My last Seiko Dive Watch had over 20 years, so quality is great with Seiko. Finally gave out, as it was a Battery model dive watch same style. Went with same style on the new except went with Automatic-meaning no battery. A few shakes before putting on gets the wind up going, set time and date and put it on. I don't use it every day, I am in construction so want the rugged take a beating watch and this one does it, band is thick and stiff a tad annoying but you get used to it. If you prefer to wear everyday, you may want to change the band to a more comfy one, but the one with watch is rugged and rubber so will hold up. Over all good watch, nice look to it and is great price compared to local jewelry store. Ordered on a Sat, got it on Mon, no problem and happy with it. Gave 4 stars due to over quality of watch, the band is a tad stiff and not comfy as you may like, but that can be changed. Only thing I am not keen on is the Date and Day of Week, have to fiddle with the pull pin and monkey with rolling it around to get right day/date, not big deal, just not a quick flip and your done, takes a min or two to get it, if you wore it everyday you wont have to mess with it. I do feel I have good watch and great price, and quality seems good, hope to get 20 years out of this one. I am not into fancy look or bells and whistles so simple watch and looks good on the wrist. I am happy with this purchase.
5 people found this helpful