Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New Album by Big & Rich PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 224 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 237 reviews
on July 26, 2017
So far so good. Will be in the ocean with it soon. Will post a follow up. I replaced strap with a 22mm curved end super oyster bracelet. Did same thing with my skx007. I've showered so far...while wearing it. No issues. The lume is fantastic.

3 aug 2017 update---

Recently took both my Seiko divers for a test drive. Haven't went diving (I'm not certified but it's on my bucket list)

Listen up sports fans!!
The SKX009 and also my 007 are the real deal.

For those looking for a sporty, yet classy time piece, but aren't looking to spend Rolex $$$ then check out the SKX009 or 007.
Why do I have both, you may ask!!
Because why the hell not?
I switched to the super oyster bracelet and it turns these watches into classy, sporty and elegance all in one. I constantly receive compliments.

So, the test drive...

Went snorkeling. About 15' of Gulf of Mexico ocean (FL panhandle)

These watches take the salt water like it's no joke. Simply wear the watch in the shower, and you're good to go.
I actually wear every night in the shower. No issues. These watches were built to be appreciated yet worn. And worn a lot.
In addition to the ocean, I swam a lot this week too. Something the super oyster bracelet is better for. The stock band is "ok" but chlorine tends to break down rubber/resin. Stainless steel will not break down. And wilth a simple rinse, you're back at it.

Look, honestly--
These time pieces look great in jeans, and a Tee. A button down and slacks. Or in gym attire. Makes no diff.

The lume is great. The movement is the workhorse of Seiko. 7S26.

The models I own do not say "21 jewels" on it.

I could give two damns about that.

Let me know if you have questions and I'll do my best to answer.
review image review image
on August 29, 2017
What is there not to love about a Seiko SKX model? This watch is an icon in the collectors world and any avid watch collector should own this model for it's durability and good looks. I've watched a lot of youtube videos and some people who only collect high end watches like Rolex, AP, IWC, Patek, etc. still admire this "low-end" watch as it is sometimes referred to in the watch collecting world. But in the long run this watch is gorgeous on the wrist in both its 009 and 007 configuration. The 007 is the black bezel and the 009 is the pepsi bezel. I am planning on buying an extra bezel and a black insert for it which will allow me to swap them to give it a totally new look whenever I get the desire. My "cons" about this watch are few, first the rubber band I got with it is way to stiff, second the watch is not windable or hackable. I have since put it on a Strapcode Super Oyster bracelet and have also bought several NATO bands, both of which look super sharp on it. The watch accuracy is OK, +/- 30 sec per day depending on your wrist position and wearing movements. I highly recommend this watch, the 7S26 movement is a tank and if you don't open it you can expect it to keep on ticking for 10-20 years maybe more.
review image review image review image review image
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 15, 2017
Great watch. I was a little dubious about the quality after hitting the button on Amazon, but this watch is genuine, and ships with all tags, guarantee (Japan) and box.

The watch itself is stunning. More so than I expected, and much nicer than the pics on Amazon, they really don't do it justice. A really deep blue colouring on the dial and bezel and that eye-catching red as well. The band is black rubber/nylon and quite hard initially, but seems to be conforming to my wrist with time. I have a NATO strap for it, but persisting with the stock rubber watch band for now as I don't like the feeling of a wet fabric watch strap on my wrist after washing my hands.

Has kept good time so far and by all accounts should continue to do so. It's not a massive watch, or at least not as big as I expected, but I have a large wrist, and I think that many of the people who have reviewed these on Youtube/Amazon must have smaller wrists. It fits well and doesn't look bulky or out of place. I plan on wearing this every day, I'm not a watch collector but a high school teacher and need a reliable watch that tends to get a fairly hard time being bumped and scratched against the brick walls and staircases of the school campus. I also run the outdoor education program at the school, and so need a watch that is waterproof and well built as we regularly take kids kayaking, abseiling and trekking amongst other activities. Looking at the build quality of this thing, I've no doubt it will stand up to the job.

Very happy overall.
on July 19, 2015
My last Seiko Dive Watch had over 20 years, so quality is great with Seiko. Finally gave out, as it was a Battery model dive watch same style. Went with same style on the new except went with Automatic-meaning no battery. A few shakes before putting on gets the wind up going, set time and date and put it on. I don't use it every day, I am in construction so want the rugged take a beating watch and this one does it, band is thick and stiff a tad annoying but you get used to it. If you prefer to wear everyday, you may want to change the band to a more comfy one, but the one with watch is rugged and rubber so will hold up. Over all good watch, nice look to it and is great price compared to local jewelry store. Ordered on a Sat, got it on Mon, no problem and happy with it. Gave 4 stars due to over quality of watch, the band is a tad stiff and not comfy as you may like, but that can be changed. Only thing I am not keen on is the Date and Day of Week, have to fiddle with the pull pin and monkey with rolling it around to get right day/date, not big deal, just not a quick flip and your done, takes a min or two to get it, if you wore it everyday you wont have to mess with it. I do feel I have good watch and great price, and quality seems good, hope to get 20 years out of this one. I am not into fancy look or bells and whistles so simple watch and looks good on the wrist. I am happy with this purchase.
on September 18, 2017
I liked my 007 so much, and the price is so reasonable, that I got this as a more colorful alternative. Same great build quality, heritage, durability and accuracy as the classic 007 but with the beautiful "Pepsi" bezel and Navy blue face. Delivered promptly. Mine is amazingly within 3 seconds/day of atomic clock time if worn daily. Can't do much better than that with an automatic!! Highly Recommended.
on February 25, 2016
I had a seiko diver similar to this (pepsi dial) in the 70's that I loved, but when it finally became so beat up after 10 years of abuse, I started wearing digital watches as beaters. I had many 200 mm Casios, 100 mm Ironman, etc. which I usually replaced every 2 years. Now retired, I decided to go back to my favorite watch and now I have it.
on March 15, 2014
All I can do is echo what's already been said. It's high-quality, durable, attractive and accurate. I've had mine a few months, now, and I swear to god, it only loses a second every couple days or so, which is remarkable for a non-quartz watch.

All the components are solid: the bezel, the crown, the case ... even the burly, fat-boy spring bars that come with it ... everything has a high-end, well-built fit and finish that belies its affordable price.

I got mine with the rubber strap and also picked up this super oyster stainless bracelet: http://www.amazon.com/22mm-Super-Oyster-SKX007-Curved/dp/B005K64ZXW/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1394901707&sr=8-1-fkmr0&keywords=super+oyster+seiko+09 which is a steal for the price and dresses up the watch really nicely when I'm sporting a suit or jacket.

There are only two criticisms I can offer: 1) I wish the movement was hackable, but the "poor man's hack" by holding the extended crown in reverse suffices, to a point. 2) I wish the crown were embossed with a Seiko logo ... which is a nice touch found on a lot of other high-end watches.

Pretty minor gripes compared to everything else that is so good about this wristwatch. Anyone who enjoys watches should own one of these or its sibling, the 007 which comes with a black face and bezel.
on July 18, 2017
This is really a great watch. I've had it for about a month now, and it is keeping very accurate time. It's pretty much Goldilocks sized (neither too big, nor too small, but just right) and has a nice heft to it. And the lume is fantastic. Highly recommended.
on June 5, 2017
Works fine when worn. However after several hours off wrist. Dead. No reserve of power. Pretty poor results considering it's a seiko. Tried all the options to increase leangth of time till failure. Best I got was 3 hours. Avoid
on September 1, 2017
It's not my first Seiko SKX. But it might be my prettiest. I've been diving with a Seiko SKX007 for about 20 years. This SKX009 just looks too good to abuse right now... I'm including a picture featuring the watch with a "NATO" strap also purchased on Amazon.

The SKX Seikos are simply the best 'beater' watches out there.
review image

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.