Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty March Birthstone Book House Cleaning _ros _ros _ros  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tackle Any Terrain with Cycling on Amazon STEM

Showing 1-10 of 206 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 234 reviews
on July 11, 2016
I have always admired this watch. It has been around for decades now, and for some reason I didn't feel like wearing a watch and didn't buy one of them. Recently I sold an old Rolex, for which I got a cubic buttload of cash, and decided to buy myself a present. This was it. It arrived right on time, and in perfect condition. This is one gorgeous watch. I had thought of buying a similar looking Rolex Datejust, but that would have cost me sixty or eighty times as much as this watch, has a mechanical movement which is not as accurate as quartz, is a bit heavier, and lacks the elegant proportions of this watch. This watch is absolutely perfect for me, even fits me, keeps time to within a second or two a day, and does not keep me in a perpetual state of anxiety about damaging or losing it. Heck, worse comes to worse I just buy another one. I don't see any other watch, at any price, that has such timeless appeal and fantastic value. Great watch, buy one!

Update after 6 weeks- Still love this watch, best looking and most comfortable watch I have ever owned. Maybe that's why it has been in the Seiko collection for decades. Recently started comparing its accuracy to the online atomic clock time and was amazed that it has not been off by so much as a second a day. Dead nuts on. Hard to complain about a watch this great at this price.
on October 31, 2015
I have just received this watch. I have been doing a bit of research over the past few days before the watch arrived. I know have a better understanding of quartz and automatic watches along with what features are usually considered more rare and desired amongst watch collectors. If you are just looking for a nice looking watch, this watch does the job. Especially if you are looking for this "style" of watch design. But shortly after ordering this watch, I came across Seiko's 5 series line which seems to be their low to mid level automatic (mechanical) watches. This SGF204 and SGF206 model (variant on the color) seem to be of a style type similar to the Datejust design by Rolex, but Seiko has made this same style for their older, more premium model, SNXJ89,90, and 92. Though I do not own one of those models, I did a lot of research on them. They are automatic and have a higher level of craft behind them. Even more so, the face of the SNXJ model gave you a bit more to make it its own watch and less of a Datejust clone in my opinion. So with all that, my thoughts on this watch are that it looks nice but feels a bit muted in the face. Some watch faces are minimalist in design but still feel upscale, this does not so much give me that feel. I am not saying the face is not nice, because it is, but I just feel it is missing something. The band feels very light and takes away from the weight of the entire watch making it feel cheap. The metal areas of the watch look nice but the gold color areas look too shiny and stands out as just being painted and lack a real gold look, as if it will fade fast. I was just going to comment on how the links are hollow so they give a lot of room for the links to move a lot on this watch which adds to the cheap feeling and why the band feels so light.... but as I am looking at the watch while writing this review, I realize I did not receive exactly what is in the photo for this watch. I do not know if there was a mid-design change like how some watches get a small update, but not enough to change the model number, the links on this watch are only 3 wide and not 5 like in the photo. So you have a chunky metal outer link, 1 chunky middle gold link (as opposed to 3 tiny links), and another chunky metal outer link. So be warned, you may not even get the exact item you see in the photo. With that said, I should lower my rating from 3 to 2. But I will simply rate what I have received. I feel this is a decent watch for somebody who just wants a watch, but not for a watch collector. A watch collector doest not need to only collect $800+ watches, they can collect from the many fine sub $100 dollar watches out there and still have a beautiful collection, but I feel this watch lacks the craft and special qualities that would make you want to add this to your collection if you are a watch collector. I am looking forward to when my SNXJ89 arrives by mail to see if it actually has a higher level of quality that I am assuming it does.
review image review image
on January 4, 2016
I ordered this watch as a Christmas present that my wife wanted me to have. I have a small collection of watches including one "high dollar" 14K gold Rolex, which I bought years ago before I decided I'd rather have a few very nice looking watches that didn't cost a small fortune, and were the SIZE of a wrist watch, 36-39mm. No "wrist-Clocks" for me. Even the Invicta's I own are the older watches, size 37mm. This Seiko is absolutely beautiful! I wanted the watch because it has the look of the two-tone Datejust from Rolex and is even more striking! So far it is keeping excellent time and because it is a quartz movement I don't have to keep it on a watch-winder. I had a local jeweler here in NYC take out a couple of links for $8 bucks and it fits great! This is the first Seiko I've ever owned but it is as pretty as any watch I have in my small collection, including the Rolex! Okay, it's not "gold", just Goldtone, but it looks just as good, and the most important thing to me about owning any watch is .... Do you LIKE the way it LOOKS? Isn't that what attracts anybody to item they want to own? I love it! I would recommend it to anyone as a gift or even to purchase it for yourself. Amazon as always delivered it on time, even a day early and during the holiday! And a great price! Treat yourself and never believe because it is a Seiko, it's not a quality watch. Seiko makes great watches, the Grand Seiko cost over $2000, so if you want to spend a lot of money on a watch, you can spend it on a Seiko. But buy this model and take your lady out for a great evening and still have some bucks left over!
Love this watch!!!! Purchased it for my husband's birthday as the cat dumped his watch off the counter into the recycling bag and before we knew it, it was GONE. And it was his favorite. But this new one has won his heart and he has had so many compliments on it. A true winner!!
on March 7, 2017
Love this watch, it's the third one like it that I have owned since my Rolex died for the umpteenth time. All three have kept excellent time, look good and are much cheaper than the Rolex. One small complaint; the second hand can be hard to see in bright sunlight.
on March 21, 2017
Excellent size for my wrist. I do not prefer the current trend in larger watches. Looks very classy, have had a number of positive comments about how nice it looks.
on March 17, 2017
Very nice backed by Seiko quality. Just needed to get band adjusted. That's it. Sharp looking. Happy to wear it.
on March 6, 2017
As good as it gets Thks
on March 17, 2017
Watch is much more impressive when received than the pictures depict. Seiko has always been my brand!
on March 4, 2017
Great watch for the price