Oil month Automotive HPC World Book Day Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Offline listening. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts SpringEvent_Lawn_and_Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon westworldS2 westworldS2 westworldS2  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now Start your Baby Registry

on April 18, 2018
For those that purchased their watches with the bracelet style watch band and the manufacture of this rubber watch band is in question, this is the original (Seiko) watch band that comes with the “SSC021P1” 20mm lug. The reason for the extra long length is because it is a S.C.U.B.A. Dive watch band and is also made to be worn over top of the wet suit. The reason it is stiff is because Divers don’t want the band breaking when under increased tension while over the wet suit, it is well designed, heavy duty, and should always be inspected for cracks before going on a dive, or you’re likely to loose your watch. This is one of the best, quality made bands on the market. I’m a N.A.U.I., P.A.D.I., & I.D.E.A. certified Dive Master and have been wearing Seiko watches and original bands for 47 yrs. Before the internet when original bands were sometimes hard to find I used the “Trident” Velcro Bands in interim. Both work well and all should be periodically inspected, especially before a dive!
on March 7, 2015
This item did not work for my Seiko Diver's watch. The length and width would have been perfect, but this band - where it holds the pins/springs - was much too thick, The springs would simply never (by a very wide margin) have been able to fit back into their holes on the watch case. Not even close.

Which was too bad, as it otherwise might have made an attractive replacement for the original metal link band that came with my watch, but which no longer accommodated my large wrists.

I should mention here that the watch I am speaking of is a Seiko that was made in the late 1970s, and is quite "low key" in comparison to the "Orange Monster", or similar current "fashion statements". (But it has never lost over four seconds in a year, so I'm keeping it!)

The return process was as easy as could ever have been expected, however.
on November 6, 2017
They call it 'Synthetic Rubber', but it's basically plastic. Hard, rigid, stiff... awful. Nothing rubber about it, and nothing like the bands that have come with my Seiko divers. This thing is cheap junk. Looks terrible and feels worse.
A waste of money. Caveat emptor.
on February 6, 2016
This strap is not like the original strap that comes with a BLACK or ORANGE MONSTER watch. It is less flexible and seems to be made of a harder material than the original "MONSTER" rubber strap. The "buckle" has a "nickel" finish and SEIKO is stamped on the face; however, on an original MONSTER rubber strap the buckle has a "chrome" finish that matches the watch casing. If you turn this strap over, on the reverse side of the buckle it also reads/has stamped on it: "Stainless Steel" and "CHINA." The original rubber strap that comes with both the BLACK or ORANGE MONSTER WATCH is actually SEIKO part number 4HX0JB:Genuine "Monster" Diver Strap 20mm,Black Silicone/Rubber - and it is definitely more comfortable and flexible.
on April 19, 2013
I ordered an Orange Monster with the metal bracelet as I've read to always go for that option when available. Why? You can always pick up extra leather/rubber/etc., straps for cheaper later. Surely enough, a week after getting the OM, I ordered the rubber strap and I'm not sure if I'll even put the bracelet back on now... great looking strap! It is just a little longer than I'd prefer. I'm 6'2", but don't have very wide wrists, leaving almost an inch of strap hanging past the strap loop. Other than that, with a funky face like the OM, I feel the black rubber strap completes the look more than the bracelet did. I usually cycle through my collection every few days (or for specific events), but I've been wearing this for the last month non stop. Love it!
on January 10, 2018
Synthetic rubber means "polyurethane," which I didn't realize until after I ordered it. The finish is much rougher than the original band that came with my Orange Monster automatic diver, and the packaging is very minimal, almost counterfeit looking. That said, it wears well now, during the winter. We'll see how it feels in the summer. Overall, not worth returning, but not purchasing again at this price, either...
on August 29, 2010
I received the Monster strap in a timely manner. It is what I was looking for to replace another rubber strap on a 25+ year old Seiko Sports 150 yachting timer.

It did NOT come with the advertized Spring Bars however -- and that is the reason for the mediocre rating of 3 stars.

Update

I contacted by phone the supplier -- The Watchband Store. He is immediately putting the Spring Bars in the mail to me and he apologized for the error. Great customer service -- and I have updated the rating to 5 stars.
on July 11, 2015
Not sure if this is genuine Seiko. The buckle is signed but it doesn't look like the type of quality that Seiko would produce? It came with a pair of fat (2.5mm) spring bars. It does fit perfectly on the monster. This is a legendary Seiko strap design so I can see why it would be copied. The brilliance of the accordion design is that it will expand and contract as your wrist changes size. Overall I am happy with the strap.
on March 9, 2013
Very disappointed with this purchase. The watch strap shown in the listing is the original strap - an exact match to my original strap. What I received was a dramatically different strap - different material, no Seiko logo matching the original, smaller diameter pins, and "Made in China" on the strap buckle. The seller claims that this watch strap is an authentic Seiko strap but my beef is that what they show in their listing and what they're shipping are two different items. The seller did offer to refund my purchase if I returned the watch strap but for $20 something odd dollars it's not worth the hassle.
on August 12, 2017
A perfect fit for my Apeks dive watch from England. Good quality rubber. Not afraid to wear it on a dive.