Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 181 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 185 reviews
on July 10, 2013
Seiko knows how to do clocks!
1) The size is right - big enough to see easily, but not so big that it takes over the bedside table.
2) The sweep second hand means that this clock is SILENT - no annoying ticking to keep you awake
3) The night light illuminates the dial with just a push of the large top-mounted button
4) A green circle alerts you to the fact that the alarm is ON!
5) Snooze button gives you 5 minutes' extra sleep (can repeat for up to 40 minutes!)
6) Uses easy to find AA battery
on March 9, 2014
I use this clock at my small home workspace, set-up for doing class homework & study. Because space on my small desk is limited, I wanted something compact enough to fit comfortably on the window sill above the desk, yet large enough to read easily (my eyesight isn't what it used to be in younger years). This clock is perfect for that. Having the alarm function is very handy in helping to improve my ability to concentrate, because being able to set it for the amount of time I have available for study helps me get rid of one more worry.

Its size is too big for a travel clock, but perfect for the purpose I've put it to. For years, I had a travel clock made by Seiko which looked nearly identical to this one, but was only about 2 inches square (vs 3-1/2 inches for this one). I really loved that clock and would be using it now, except that it finally died a few years back. I've never been able to find a decent replacement for that clock, until now. I knew this clock was nearly twice the previous size when I ordered it, and had some doubts about that in the back of my mind, but I really like the larger size now.

Pros:
1) Super Quiet - I like to keep a small clock on my night stand & workspace, but am extremely sensitive to the subtle 'ticking', but seriously dislike digital clocks. This sweep second hand is absolutely silent, and there is no whirring motor sound common in analogue clocks of old. I am considering getting a second one for next to my bed.
2) Good looking - very simple yet elegant looking clock face, with simple design lines ... perfectly un-distracting.
3) Keeps perfect time - have had it about 2 weeks, and have frequently checked it against my mobile phone clock during this period. It hasn't needed adjustment even a single time.
4) Alarm loudness is more than enough for my needs.
5) Snooze function is also great to have.

Cons: none that I've noticed so far, except perhaps that
1) Alarm indicator is simply a green color swatch, which becomes visible in a 'window' when the alarm switch is slid to its "on" position. When I ordered it the clock, I was under the impression that this indicator was an LED, which I really liked the idea of. It's a relatively minor disappointment for me, but perhaps not for you.
2) Battery compartment is set quite deeply into the body, and there is no battery ribbon, so removing the battery is somewhat inconvenient. When I tested this, I simply grabbed my pocket knife (in typical guy fashion! LOL): problem solved. A wooden chopstick also worked, as well as a flat head screwdriver ... just needs something thinish, yet sturdy enough to give the battery a little extra 'push'.
on May 8, 2013
I bought this clock so I could tell time without being driven insane by the ticking of the second hands. It gets the job done and is easy to read. It even has a little button for a light so that you can fully read it in the middle of the night. But the hands do glow, so the light isn't necessary.
on February 13, 2013
This Seiko alarm clock is an excellent alarm clock, I found, using it for over a month now.
The alarm sound is a bit loud, but with a couple of tapes over the sound outlet holes toned it down to exactly the right sound level for me. And the green dot at the right upper corner lets me know easily whether the alarm is on or off (no need to double check the switch all the time).
One more special thing about this clock, the green alarm arm has its own circle of dots, so that I can much more accurately set the time exactly when I want it (other alarm clocks are more of a guess work without a smaller circle for setting the alarm time).
Besides, it makes no tick-tock sound at all (sweeping clock hand motion design), making it perfect for bedside tables.

So, all in all, this is a wonderful and reliable alarm clock for me.

On the cons side, this is not the easiest clock for reading time, the light is quite dim and makes it hard to see the time at night.

But still, I use it mainly as an alarm clock, and it serves the purpose with flying colors!
on January 15, 2014
This clock is a nice size, and during the day it is easy to see the time. I like the sweep second hand feature. The method of setting the alarm and hands of the clock is a bit awkward but again, it works. The real problem is that I wanted to be able to see this clock at night when the light/snooze button is pressed. However instead of backlighting the clock face, there is a small bulb in the upper right corner that lights up but it is close to being totally ineffective. The light only lights up that little corner of the clock and is inadequate in making the rest of the clock visible. You literally have to pick the clock up and hold it close to your face to make out what the time is at night. Overall it's a bit flimsy feeling but the basic functions work. Quite disappointed however that the night light is terrible.
on November 19, 2015
Two years later, this clock not grow on me. Not the same quality as its sister clock, the one with a white face, and double the price. Pros: It still has the silent movement, which is good. Cons: The silver dial is not nearly as legible as a white dial on its sibling. The case is a cheaper grade of plastic (more brittle seeming) the silver face doesn't offer as much contrast and is therefore less legible. When it gets knocked off the table, which happens often because of its slight weight, the battery pops out. Also, when adjusting the alarm, its very easy to change the time instead. I'm spoiled by its nicer sibling. I would not buy it again. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000WGMLF4?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage
on June 13, 2017
the Seiko QHE086SLH Bedside Alarm Clock lasted a month and a half before IT STARTED LOSING TIME.

This is the SECOND CHINESE SEIKO ALARM I'VE PURCHASED AND IT IS MY LAST. DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY. SUCH A PIECE OF CRAP. I DON'T THINK IT'S POSSIBLE TO BUY AN ALARM CLOCK THAT WORKS RIGHT ANY MORE. MOST LIKELY BECAUSE THEY ARE MADE IN CHINA. MADE IN CHINA MEANS CHEAP AND DOESN'T LAST - TO ME. NOTHING I'VE PURCHASED THAT WAS MADE IN CHINA THA'T SUPPOSED TO WORK ------ DOES NOT This is my second Seiko from Amazon. it's like they are knock offs. or the Seiko name means nothing any more.

TOTALLY FED UP
on June 28, 2013
This cute little alarm clock does everything that it's supposed to do. It has a gentle alarm and a button on top to illuminate the numbers so that I can see what time it is if I wake up in the night. Perfect!
on June 7, 2015
If this clock didn't carry the Seiko name, I wouldn't pay more than 5 dollars for it. The alarm is loud, but not that loud. The snooze button seems to only work for about 5 minutes, but it does have a sweep second hand. As far as alarm clocks go, this is okay, but without the Seiko name, not much substance. Oh, and the light button (which is the snooze button), is very dim and I needed to put on my glasses to read it. Maybe just 3 stars.
on July 24, 2015
I should have carefully read the reviews. I wanted an analog clock that I could read at night. Did not want a digital clock with bright lights, just a simple clock with luminous hands. Did not want a clock that requires me to reach over and hit a button to light it up- which would wake me up. The hands have so little luminous paint on them that they cannot be seen in the dark. So you need to reach out and hit the snooze button- that doesn't work well because a little light comes on in the corner and does practically no good. So if you want to check the time during the night or early morning with this clock, you need to pick it up, bring it close to you and hit the snooze button. By then I'm awake and don't need to check the time. For me it was a waste of money.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.