Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Seiko S-Yard PS334 Shavy Femini Personal Shaver
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer conj2 conj2 conj2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Kiss Rocks Vegas Water Sports STEM

on March 29, 2008
I bought this trimmer after reading a review somewhere else on how the Seiko S-Yard product line was very good in general, and that this item in particular is great because of the unusual shape.

I've had it for a day now and I like it tremendously. Please note that it is a TRIMMER, and not a SHAVER. That said, it trims very close to the skin, so this is not a product to use if you're trying to get a certain length of hair.

For the bikini area, female private parts, and the *ahem* "rear door" it's perfect for me. Shaving always results in itchy stubble growing back and is very difficult to do on that uneven terrain down there. The Shavy Femini has a flat, toothbrush-like head, and is easy to maneuver in tight spots. This trimmer did not nick me even once, even on the most challenging parts of skin. Perfect!

I trim my pubic area for comfort rather than looks, and this trimmer is excellent for that. Start with the area freshly washed (right out of the shower is good -- this is NOT a wet/dry trimmer), make sure it's dry, and dust the area with some kind of baby powder or other talcum-powder-like product to make the going smooth.

It takes one AA battery (included), but I would recommend using rechargeable NIMH or NiCd batteries such as those made by Duracell or Energizer, and not disposable batteries.
on May 24, 2008
This product works well for any part of the male body. Even the most tender areas. I was surprised at the performance as it trims excellent when compared to lower priced models. The shape is great for use. Very light in weight, easy to use, safe, and efficient!
on July 26, 2007
The Seiko S-Yard is a bit longer than your typical low cost counterpart and costs a good bit more, but it's clearly worth the price. The unit is beautifully made, sturdy & does a superb job. If you want the best, this is it...
on November 10, 2008
I have facial hair that I was using a razor for everyday. The Seiko lets you skip a day and does not hurt like a plastic razor does.

If you are worried about your hair growing back darker and quicker, my dermatologist states that that is not true.

I don't use lotion or electrolysis or any other kind of hair removal because I break out from those products. I do not break out with this product.

It only takes a few minutes to do this in the morning and you are done.

Good product.
VINE VOICEon February 28, 2009
Flimsily put together, it does the job, but not without occasionally yanking and pulling on hairs, rather than trimming them. I was looking for something to keep things tidy, not to get a fully shaved look, but this really didn't work well at all. After less than a month, the blades seemed to stop moving quickly enough to cut hair, and rather grabbed and pulled it out, or did nothing at all, which had nothing to do with the battery. Honestly not worth the money- this went into the trash, and I'm looking for something new.
on March 10, 2009
I got the seiko personal shaver as gift for my wife, she had had a different brand before but has said the seiko is by far the better product.
on March 25, 2014
This was used by a male - to shave that "personal" area in the back area (how else can you say it delicately?) - & I'm happy to say it worked very well. This razor has not always been rated as well in the past, when rated as a woman's shaver, yet I noticed men seemed to be happy with it. This razor has also been noted on another site as being able to be easily used by those with "special needs," as it is light & easy to handle. It has a gentle & quiet motor; that is probably why.
on September 28, 2008
This trimmer works as you think a trimmer SHOULD work. All the expectations you may have is in this trimmer. It easily cuts through hair - trimming it down as a preparation for a clean shave, such as with Seiko's cleancut or any other shaver. Don't try to SHAVE with this, especially with long hair. It will pull your hair and it will sting. Personally, I believe a straight handle trimmer works better as a trimmer compared with the T-handle because it gives you a better control for those detailing trims/cuts you may need to do.

So don't hesitate! Get this product today if you're looking for the best trimmer available. It is worth it.
on April 17, 2013
I bought this product because my friend recommended it to me. There are a lot of pros; I love this product because it is quick and pretty easy to use. The shape is awesome because you can get into all personal areas without having to be a contortionist. There are no nicks or bumps, which is a huge relief. The hair grows back soft, so there isn't any chafing, either. The only reason that I didn't give it 5 stars is because it definitely does pull at longer hairs a little bit. It isn't painful, but at times it was mildly uncomfortable and kind of annoying. I would recommend using baby powder for a gentler glide. Also, according to my friend and other reviewers, this product is a trimmer as opposed to a shaver, but I can attest to the fact that this particular shape does indeed give a very close shave. I didn't expect that initially, so I took off more than I had planned to and had to then give myself a closer shave all over to even things out. It's fine, but just know that if you buy this shape, and you only want a trim, go slow or you will end up with a shorter style than you wanted.
on October 22, 2013
I tried using it but it wouldn't work. I changed out the batteries since the ones provided are useless. I tried to use it as described on the website and it didn't work as advertised. I contacted the company and mailed back the product as asked to switch it out, but never received a replacement.
So two issues, 1) doesn't work as advertised; 2) was not replaced as was told. Lost money and packaging cost. Good luck to you if you do buy it.