- Automatic (with manual winding) with mechanical caliber, lasting about 50 hours when the maximum winding
- Adduction with simple compass ring
- Second hand stop function
- Other: water pressure, 20, a kind antimagnetic, screw back, Rumiburaito
- Accuracy: +25~-15seconds/day
Customers who bought this item also bought
The Seiko SARB017 field watch is powered by the premium Seiko 6R15 caliber self-winding movement that can also be hand wound and hacked. It is the same caliber that powers many of the Seiko Prospex line of watches. The movement has a generous 50 hour power reserve. The case has a fine brushed finish and the green dial sports highly luminous goldtone hands and hour markers. A date display is shown at the 3 o'clock position. A scratch resistant sapphire crystal is used to protect the dial. The watch is water resistant to 200 meters. Note: The crown at 4:00 turns the inner (compass marked) bezel. Case is a mix of brushed and polished stainless steel. Features Movement: Seiko 23-Jewel 6R15 Caliber Automatic (self-winding, hand winding, hacks) Case: Polished and Brushed ?stainless steel, 38mm diameter x 12mm thick Back: Screw-in back Crystal: Curved, scratch resistant sapphire Band: Brown leather, buckle closture. 20mm lug Water Resistant: 200 meters Warranty: 2 Years
- Product Dimensions: 11.7 x 3.2 x 2.4 inches
- Shipping Weight: 11.4 ounces
- Origin: Japan
- ASIN: B000KG93BQ
- Item model number: SARB017
- Date first available at Amazon.com: July 22, 2012
- Average Customer Review:
|Brand, Seller, or Collection Name||Seiko Watches|
|Dial window material type||Synthetic sapphire|
|Case material||Stainless steel|
|Case diameter||38 millimeters|
|Case Thickness||1.2 millimeters|
|Band Material||Alligator leather|
|Band length||Men's Standard|
|Band width||20 millimeters|
|Special features||safire glass|
|Movement||Automatic self wind|
|Water resistant depth||200 Meters|
Top Customer Reviews
The best part is that this watch really goes great with everything. It's a tool watch, but definitely dressy. It can be dressed up, but also can be taken into the water and the tough crystal will repel scratches. Very versatile watch with lots of functionality and elegant looks.
1. The fit and finish of the watch is something you would expect from a watch at many times its price, as it hangs right in there with midtier swiss watches brands. The watch is solidly built, and the combination of the brushed and high polished case is superb. The signed crown with the Seiko "S" logo is a nice touch.
2. The green sunburst dial is magnificent and when seeing at different angles really makes the green dial pop. While some people may not like the green dial I am one of those that do. It might not be a good watch for those that only have one watch in their collection who are fashion oriented and like to match their watches to the clothes they wear, for these people this would be a good second watch. The raised gold hands and markers play nicely against the green dial, it is very well done and gives this watch a combination of classic and modern watch designs.
3. I am neutral regarding the compass feature but it is a plus for those that will utilize this functionality like those that are adventurous and go mountain climbing, hiking and love the outdoors, it is also a good conversation starter. The unidirectional crown at the four o'clock that rotates the chapter ring is precise and smooth, I have read other reviews where they wanted more resistance but for me it was not a problem
4. The watch can be worn as a dress watch or field watch, the screw in crown allows this watch to be used for water activities such as swimming or snorkeling, I would not use it for scuba or compression diving.
5. It does not have a see through case back but for this type of watch, I would not expect one.
6. I like the diameter size of the watch at 38/39mm, it does wear bigger but those that like large diameter watches you will be disappointed.
1. The watch lacks AR coating on the sapphire crystal which makes the watch reflect everything, including smudges. I always find myself having to clean the crystal. Again, at this price point I can't be that disappointed but it does separate this watch from being considered a luxury watch.
2. The leather band the watch comes with is cheap and unusable, I found the watch always shifting on my wrist regardless how tight or loose I made the band. The very first thing I did was replace the band. I went with a stainless steel bracelet that I purchased from a seller in Japan, and it absolutely makes this watch look and feels great. This watch would also look and feel great in a nice leather band. Sieko should have also signed the tang buckle with either its logo "S" or the name Seiko, for more name recognition.
I have been a watch enthusiast for over twenty years and have a wide variety of watches at every price point in my collection including Swiss brands like Jaeger-LeCoultre, Rolex, Omega, German brands like Sothis and Japanese watches such Orient Star and Seikos. In my opinion, the Seiko SAB017 Alpinist is worth every penny that the watch is selling for. While it is not the same quality as a Jager LeCoultre it is also many thousands less. As I stated above the fit and finish of the watch with brushed and high polished stainless steel and signed crown is what you would expect from a watch twice its price, the green dial with raised gold colored numerals, and indices really are beautifully executed and combine both classic and modern looks. The watch is versatile and can be used for outdoor activity and even swimming or snorkeling, it can also be used as a dress watch. Replace the original band and you have a great looking timepiece and worth every penny that you invested into it. I gave this watch a five rating, while it has flaws it is everything and more that you should expect from a watch at this price point.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Oh ya the original brown leather strap is noice but painful. Must buy a more comfortable strap immediately.