Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis National Bike Month on Amazon Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 24 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 25 reviews
on January 4, 2015
FANTASTIC! I am well pleased with my SKA477P1 kinetic watch. By checking it against the official NIST US time, after about 2 1/2 weeks, it is still only one second off. I'm a stickler for accurate time, as my previous watch was a Casio solar atomic watch, synchronized to the second every day with the Colorado atomic clock. However, after 8 years, the solar battery was starting to fail and half the plastic switches had cracked and fallen off, so it wasn't worth it to me to replace the battery. My Dad gave me a Seiko self winding watch over 50 years ago, and it still keeps time to this day (1 minute off per day), whereas all other subsequent watches have failed long ago. My old Seiko does not have any broken switches nor broken wrist bands. Whereas, the Casio switches were falling apart, piece by piece. Hence, my old Seiko was the best recommendation for me to buy a Seiko.

UNFORTUNATELY, the manual that has been provided for my new watch is PATHETIC! It provides only the most rudimentary of instructions. I never before have had a kinetic watch so I needed to know how to use the push button at the 2 o'clock location (this is the power reservoir button). I was also misguided by being told that if the seconds hand moved in 2 second intervals, it meant I need to have the battery replaced. This may be true only after you previously had the watch battery recharged, but not when it comes right out of the box. It took about 4 days of every day wear for the watch to build up enough of a charge, to where the seconds had eventually move in one second intervals. I was on the verge of returning the watch prior to that. I might also mention that it does take a few weeks of every day wear for the power reservoir indicator to move 20 seconds, as an indication of built up charge. I had to learn of these things by researching the internet on similar kinetic watches, as I was not able to find anything specific to this watch.

Of course these deficiencies on the watch's manual do not take away from the performance of the watch itself. I would recommend this watch to a friend given the caveat's regarding the manual.
on December 9, 2012
I have a couple of watches that I wear constantly: a Casio solar atomic that I’ve had for about 8 years and an inexpensive Invicta quartz analog diver’s watch that I purchased at Amazon about a year ago. Both are good watches, but I felt that it was time to add a more stylish watch to my small collection. I was always drawn to Seiko’s styling and variety of choices and I was interested in owning a Kinetic watch because I love the idea of never changing batteries and owning an accurate watch. I’ve always been kind of turned off by automatic watch and didn’t want to make an extra (and somewhat costly) purchase of a watch winder, which many automatic watch owners do.

The Seiko Kinetic technology is similar to automatic but the energy built up by the internal winding weight, unlike a standard automatic watch, is stored in a rechargeable battery. Bottom line: you can wear the watch from time to time and it will keep accurate time. In fact, according to the watch documentation, you can over time build up enough charge in the battery to keep the watch running for months.

I had been looking at this particular model because it was neat-looking and at the same time had a rugged look. I kind of hinted to my wife that I was interested in the watch, and although I don’t usually look for such expensive presents for myself, I suggested it to her as a possible Birthday gift. Was I surprised when I opened up a gift box on my Birthday and found the watch! The watch has good value and so far it is running just great. Of course, in the long run, only time will tell how well the watch performs – lousy puns intended!

Not all of us can (or should) go out and buy the big, expensive Rolex; this is a great looking watch at a reasonable price, and I believe anyone who buys one will enjoy owning and wearing it.
on March 28, 2015
This was the second example of this watch I purchased thru Amazon, and is again in the process of being returned due to the same defects as the first:
1. The "charge indicator" does not work; 2. The second hand continues to move at a "2 second; 1/2 second" rythm. The latter supposedly should revert to a regular 1 secon interval once the battery is sufficiently charged.
The first watch was returned (to Amazon) after 2 days, after speaking to a Seiko service center. Based on re-reading other customer's reviews on this watch, where several report about the same problem initially correcting itself after 5 to 7 days, I've continued to wear this watch for a full week, but the problems persist.
The watch keeps perfect time, and I like all other features about it, and don't necessarily need a "charge indicator", but am concerned that this flaw is a sympton of an underlying problem that may cause other problems later.
Amazon's return postage prepaid policy has worked well so far, and is very much appreciated.
on March 30, 2012
I've worn watches all my life (29 years old) never had a seiko though. if you're around that age, remember ninja turtle watches? i already wore watches before ninja turtle watches. my dad has owned a lot of seikos, (seems to be his watch brand of choice) and also another close watch lover co-worker of mine. always wanted one. i've had timex, relics, fossils, g-shocks, and a few other lower end brands. i wouldn't clasify seiko so much a lower end brand though. i'm pretty satisfied with the watch. i like the concept of kinetic. accuracy is everything in a watch to me, though i like analogs. i set my watch to the second of what i want it to be set for/to. the most expensive fancy automatic is never as accurate as the cheapest quartz watch. if you have a nice fancy automatic, it's either because you bought it for a name, or you appreciate the small detail mechancics of an automatic watch. if you're looking for a nice in the middle (mechanical/quartz) type watch, i think kinetic is the way to go. this particular watch is very attractive to me. ;)
on February 23, 2015
Not an automatic watch. Weight swings to charge an internal battery. Nice looking. Not too heavy. Date window is very small and hard to see but it's not a big deal. Links do not have standard pin. So, to remove one (ordinarily an easy task), you might have to visit a jeweller. I did. Again, not a big deal. Over two weeks, it is dead-on accurate. YMMV.
on June 8, 2015
The watch has worked as I expected it would work. I had a self wing Seiko several years ago and it lasted 15 + years. Excellent quality for the price only note is that setting date must be done per the included instructions. To adjust the ban go to utube for a good video and I used a bent up paper clip.
on December 17, 2011
nice, solid seiko kinetic for a hundred bucks. attractive, good looking watch and band in stainless steel. just the right size. looks much better than in the photo. very accurate so far. recommended.
on January 15, 2016
it is a great looking watch I have worn it everyday for the past month it is accurate and stylish at a great price, I would recommend this to anyone looking for a sieko watch at a good price
on July 22, 2014
I have had two Seiko wristwatches - an automatic that lasted 15 years before a jeweler ruined it trying to replace the crystal, and a chronometer kinetic that I have had for 7 years and does great. I purchased this for variety and it too has not disappointed me. These are terrific watches.
on February 5, 2013
I set this watch to the second the day I bought it, and it's still right on a few weeks later. One thing of note though, a regular watch link remover will not take the links out of this band. You will need a small screwdriver, or I used a staple remover(I wouldn't highly recommend this but it was all I had on me and worked fairly well)

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question