Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning Catastrophe Catastrophe Catastrophe  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 369 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 407 reviews
on February 22, 2014
I first learned of this watch via a brief review in a blog titled "This $180 Dive Watch Puts Rolex Submariners On Notice". That certainly got my attention since I enjoy interesting watches across a range of price points. The link in the review led to the item here on Amazon and I was impressed by the consistency of the positive reviews and the scarcity of negative ones. By the way, thanks to the reviewers who shared such detailed comments on this watch's physical metrics as well as their objective and subjective comments.

Based on the strength of the reviews (mostly here but also on other sites around the web), I ordered it that day. Despite selecting free shipping I had it a mere 3 days later through seller E Watch Stock. I had read of other buyers receiving non-Seiko packaging and documentation but mine appeared to be fully authentic and original. I was not cheated out of the fun of unboxing this excellent timepiece.

This watch has met my expectations, meaning that a) it is as good-looking and functional as I had hoped, and b) I agree with those who feel the band's heft--or lack thereof-- doesn't match that of the watch. The Jubilee has a nice look but I can't get past the light weight and the play (nice way of saying rattle). So I ordered a Super Oyster from Strapcode. My wrist measures a shade under 8" and the stock Jubilee bracelet required only minor adjustments to the clasp to achieve a comfortable fit until the replacement arrives. I took a photo of it in my office and added it to the image gallery.

This is a timeless watch design and the automatic movement gives it interest and quirkiness including that enjoyable (to me) smooth sweep action of the second hand. One big intangible of this watch is the pride of ownership. I have already recommended it to some buddies and several lady friends as a great surprise purchase for the men in their lives. It is a handsome watch that will be right at home with the Tag and Omega watches in my collection. The remarkable value proposition of this watch makes it easy to recommend.

Update 2/27/14:
Just replaced the original Jubilee-style bracelet with a Super Oyster II band from Strapcode. It was a head-turner before, and now I consider this one of the best-looking and most distinctive watches in my collection...some of the best watch money I've ever spent!

Update 3/15/17:
Three full years since purchase and this watch is still my favorite and is on my wrist almost every day. I still get compliments on it when I'm out and about. Love it!
review image
55 comments| 112 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 23, 2015
I'm a budding watch enthusiast. This beauty is the only thing that has successfully fought what I call the Rolex Submariner monster. It's a creature that lives in my stomach and is fully willing to bankrupt me and sidetrack my financial future to purchase a classic timepiece. Whenever it rears its head, I fight with it for about a week or two, but in the end, I feel comfortable knowing the day will come when I can rationally buy the Rolex. For right now, I have a timepiece with the ruggedness, functionality, historical significance, and most of the good looks of the Sub. The Rolex will be my "I made it" watch. This is my "I can survive anything while I'm getting there" watch.
on February 29, 2016
A staple in the affordable watch world. I purchased this for daily wear after reading so many articles on well respected watch blogs and forums. Overall I think this is a great watch. It's stylish, credible, functional and rugged enough at its price point. Noted as a real value, I agree.

The only note I would make as far as ordering is to expect the international model which will have an additional language option for the date indicator. I'm not sure if the pure US version had two language options. I couldn't find information on that. However, either model, it's still the same watch. The international model just has additional day language options, and there is one caveat on how the date will roll over. You will see the second language on the watch for a limited time each day. Here's how it works;

First, the date will flip to the next in about an hour. You'll see the number slowly roll to the next.

Now the day, having two languages it works a little differently. It just takes longer to roll over. So let's say you set English as the language for the date, and your watch came with English and Spanish. The watch is going to cycle through the second language first and will remain on that language for an hour or two, then move forward again to the set language. This process occurs while the typical owner will be asleep or does not have the watch on their wrist, but it does annoy some people. I think it adds to the charm of the watch.

Some other notes;
The Jubilee bracelet mimics the old 1970s era fold over designs. It's light and very comfortable, but it is not a heavy wearing bracelet. Yes, it does rattle, but where it lacks in heft it makes up for in comfort. I'd recommend trying it out first and if you don't like it, there are plenty of options on Amazon to replace it. I actually ordered a Super Oyster bracelet to have that option available, but so far I really like the Jubilee bracelet.

The build quality is fantastic and the quirks of this watch add character and charm. This is a watch loved by many and having finally purchased one, I can see why. It's vintage and stylish and works in every situation. The lume is bright and the movement is noted as one of the simplest and reliable in the world. I don't scuba drive so I won't be using this in that environment, but others have praised it for working well in the water. I hope to get great daily usage out of this watch and hope it performs well for a very long time.

I would recommend the Seiko 007 to anyone who loves watches, and would appreciate the watch for what it truly is. It's not an expensive Swiss dive watch and doesn't want to be. It's got its own unique personality and execution. I think that's why the watch world loves it.
on May 27, 2016
Bought this on Tue and got it on Fri, and that's with the free 5-8 day Amazon shipping. My seller was Prime Trade USA so I'm sure they had something to do with the amazing shipping speed, so thanks! Let me begin by saying this watch is way nicer than the picture. It's gorgeous. On the other hand, the band is crap. If I had it to do over I would get the rubber band which would at least be usable. The watch was 1 minute fast on it's first day, which is well within what I expected. The lume is so bright you wont believe it. I also bought a black/silver nato strap from Shark Straps and they look GREAT together. The combo wears really well too, very comfortable. So basically I'm super-stoked about my new watch. This is an iconic watch with decades of near-perfect reviews and a cult following for a ridiculously low price. Stop agonizing about it and just buy the dang watch (but seriously, get the rubber band!).

Edit: I left the watch home this weekend (while we went rock climbing & camping), and it was still running and perfectly on-time 45 hours later when I got home and picked it back up. I should also mention that I'm slightly taller and better looking now that I own this watch.
on July 16, 2015
Great watch. Delivery was on time. This is my first watch and at first, it felt really big but it grew on me. I did replace the metal watch band with a leather custom made one from http://www.artisanstrapco.com

I like the watch with leather strap and I get compliments all the time. When you take off the watch for a day or two, it will stop. It is an automatic watch so movement will keep it charged and operating. It makes me wear my watch more often which is a good habit.
on December 3, 2016
This is the 1st watch I've ever owned with the exception of a watch I had as a kid. So to be more specific its my first adult watch.
I read a lot websites and checked out a few blogs and the Seiko brand popped up more than a few times as an affordable, quality, respected watch maker. Most agreed if you need a professional watch to wear to work but aren't ready to spend $3000 + on that Omega you love or 5000+ on Rolex that says you've made it then this is the watch to own.
I've had it for a few weeks and its a great watch. My boss wears a Rolex among other watches and and has commented on the smoothness of the seconds hand, weight and quality of the watch.
Since its my first adult watch I have a limited frame of reference but I can agree the watch has great weight, keeps time accurately and is a quality time piece. The jublee band is comfortable but I'll be replacing it with an oyster band soon. Not for any additional functionality as the current band fits and clasps well with a nice double click upon clasping but because I prefer the look of the oyster band because of the more brutalist utilitarianism design.
For me the jublie band is a bit to light, and has a jewelry estetic that is mismatched with the actual watch.
This is a watch to be used and even if you are not a daily diver this watch can by your daily driver. It looks good with a pressed button down and a wrinkled T-shirts. The quality and design of the watch make it valuable but the price makes it usable. If it came off my wrist while fixing a flat tire I wouldnt cry about it but don't get my wrong I love this watch.
Furthermore, Robert Redford wears this watch in the movie All is Lost. The exact one he wears is actually this watches brother. The only difference is that watch has a red and blue Bezel and its referred to as the pepsi (model 009). Everything else is the same. If you don't know who Robert Redford is you need to watch more good movies. Amazon instant video is good for that too.
on October 19, 2015
I purchased my Seiko off Amazon 6 months ago based on it's durability / accuracy and have not been disappointed while mountain biking, road riding and swimming through some really nasty conditions. Regarding accuracy, after the first month of running a bit fast and then slow, it's been within 1 sec +/- since. I find spooling it up (spinning the auto wind) before I go to bed and again in the AM helps keep it consistent. From a readability standpoint the watch face is well laid out, clear and concise. Night viewing is also good provided you boost the glow every 3 or 4 hours. The comfort has been very good, however I did purchase a 22mm Super Oyster Type II aftermarket band (I've broken 2 bands, but have finally addressed the weak points). For reference I have small, thin wrists so you can see in the photo the watch looks really nice. Overall, I'm really pleased with my Seiko SKX007K2 watch.
VINE VOICEon October 12, 2016
this is going to be a little long-winded, but please bear with me... i hope i can pass on some tips and hints for those folks new to Seiko automatics and buying these watches here, online elsewhere, and even locally... and especially on topic, i'll also talk about my new SKX007K2...

purchased this SKX007K2 at a great price from Passthewatch... a few days earlier i had purchased an SKX007K1 from longislandwatch... the K2 comes with a Jubilee bracelet - i like these bracelets, have three of 'em.. the K1 is the rubber strapped 007...

in both instances, neither watch came with full docs - in other words, no warranty card - these gray market sellers must be selling the warranty cards on the market, reaping an additional profit on top of your purchase - Amazon and most Seiko buyers on Amazon seem to tolerate this practice...

on the other hand, i was recently at a Seiko outlet just south of me and purchased two Seikos for the holidays... there, the clerk duly stamped and notated the warranty cards and put them in the box with the watch, manual and pillow

honestly, the chances of getting a bum Seiko are a bit slim - it does happen... for the most confident purchase, buy from a certified dealer... for example, i purchased online from watchco and got my SKXA35 with a warranty card (just the same as with the Seiko outlet)... sometimes you will pay a little more, but with some sales and discounts, you may be surprised that dealer pricing can match online pricing (my upcoming holiday gift, an SKX173, from the Seiko outlet was *less* than any current online price even after paying sales tax)

however, if you choose to go the route by purchasing here on Amazon, make sure to carefully read the seller's return policy... if you buy an Amazon-guaranteed-no-questions-asked watch, you'll be OK... you can return the watch for a full refund... (i have also purchased used watches from Amazon's warehouse outlet to save a few dollars, but in some cases there is a strict time-limit or no-return policy)

on the other hand, if you buy a Seiko from a gray market dealer, do not just rip open the box, take off the packaging, redo the bracelet, etc... make sure the watch functions and works, crown screws in/out, time and date can be set etc., then wind the watch (manually or hand-wind if the movement allows) and let it run... if it's a Seiko automatic and keeps time for at least 24 hours, you can generally be assured the watch is good to go...

i did this with my new 007K2 from passthewatch and it works great!

but be warned: i have also been burned by buying an expensive Seiko and an expensive Orient watch directly from Amazon... a year ago, i ordered one of the new Orange Monsters and an Orient M-Force... what i got was an obviously returned Monster (albeit in good shape with a blank warranty card)... i kept the Monster and it is still working fine a year later...

the Orient I received, purchased as 'new' from Amazon, had no manual, no tags, no pillow, no warranty card, and had, in fact, had its bracelet modified to fit a wrist of a small child... if you know the M-Force, you know it's a beefy knuckle-duster... to add insult to injury, the removed links weren't even in the box... needless to say, i returned the watch and got my refund, but made sure to call Amazon directly and let them know that this practice was unacceptable...

i was horrified to say the least... in fact, in the last year i have had to return more items to Amazon that i have returned in 10 years of being a customer!

just be careful - it may happen to you...

now, at long last, on to my SKX007K2... what can one say? this is *the* beater automatic dive watch... it has a black dial... blobby markers... sword-like hands... walking-stick second hand...

there is no country of origin marked on the dial or caseback... this is unlike other Seikos, such as the SKXA35, which is marked 'Malaysia' on the dial...

where is it made? Seiko won't say... does it matter? not really.. none of the Seikos at this price point are assembled by hand - they're all made by robots, and the machines are the same whether in Japan or Malaysia or Singapore (if Seiko still has facilities there)

it doesn't have as big a case as other divers in its 200m certified class... i kinda like that... my first Seiko diver, now discontinued, was what is now the Alba solar diver... small case and dial... but the 007 has a nice size to it... you're not going to look like some klutz parading around wearing a huge Invicta-like desk diver on your wrist

accuracy across the 7s26 line of movements is about par for many automatics in this price range - pretty darn good: +/- 15-20 secs a day... i don't stress about to-the-second accuracy (maybe if i had a Grand Seiko Spring Drive 9R65 movement - only good for +/- 15 secs a month)

i like the looks of this watch... it is going to be my spare beater, as i'm ditching my quartz Casio MDV106-1AV, the best deal in the world on a 200m quartz diver for about two Jacksons...

i also like that the 007's crown is nicely out of the way at 4 pm - no digging on the wrist!

plus, this watch's model is '007' - how cool is that? i wonder how Seiko got away with that? (or how much did it cost?)

plus, there are a gazillion 007s on folks wrists and a lot of people like to change things up (mod) this watch...

so here's why bought this watch (not necessarily in order):

1. it's a Seiko
2. it looks good
3. it feels good to wear - not overly heavy
4. it has a 200m rating (i swim every morning for at least 30 minutes and snorkel off the beach a couple times a month)
5. it came with a nice stainless bracelet (there are Jubilee nay-sayers out there - don't believe - try one)
6. the lume... ah, the lume! absolutely wonderful... full charge-up at 2000 and still extremely readable at 0530
7. it's a diver - rugged, working bezel, lumed pip on bezel

so there are my reasons and this is my review... take it for what it's worth, but if you don't have a 007, get one... you deserve it!
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 17, 2014
The watch that I received has some defect. It has a nick or maybe a dirt of some sort on the inside face of the crystal. Apart from that the case and the bracelet is in a really good condition.
on December 31, 2014
Fantastic watch. I purchased the super oyster II bracelet for the watch at the same time as I not a huge fan of the jubilee bracelet that comes with the watch. The difference in the two bracelets is substantial when compared side by side as the jubilee is very light and feels a little bit flimsy in comparison.

The watch looks great and can be worn in a number of different settings easily as with the super oyster it tends to dress either up or down easily. The build quality is fantastic, the movement accurate, and the finish perfect. I could not be happier. To make it perfect I will be replacing the hardlex crystal with a yokobies sapphire crystal as I have had mixed experiences with hardlex historically.

This is a fantastic diver and just a great all around watch. You will not be disappointed.