YED Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 STEM nav_sap_shop_all_hm_cal Shop now Shop Popular Services SneakyPete SneakyPete SneakyPete  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Go Explore Outdoor Recreation on Amazon NYNN

Showing 1-10 of 83 reviews(Verified Purchases). Show all reviews
on January 6, 2009
I have an older 150m model purchased in 1970. I like the older model, wore it and used it for diving. It was comfortable, even though it was heavy. Only problem was that it did not keep good time.

The new one keeps time very, very accurately!!! I have not reset it in over a month, it is still spot on. Dove with it this weekend and love the fact that like the old one it is very easy to read. My eyes are not what they once were, but no problem reading the Seiko.

I wanted a watch that would not require batteries. I would sure like to know what they did to improve it's time keeping ability. This is an excellent watch for SCUBA divers. And, for the price ... why look at anything else.
on January 17, 2015
So I really like Seiko watches. They have the quality of much more expensive watches. I have three: this automatic, the air diver and the tuna can. I really like all three but am a sucker for a sweeping second hand. It's nice and big, almost as big as the tuna can and is an outstanding value at $150. It came packed well from Japan and is spending a lot of time on my wrist. I like it as much as my $800 Tuna Can. Good stuff. I added a NATO strap for a little color. Easy to do. Great watch and great vendor. Superb. If you're thinking of spending > $500 on a watch id start with seiko and I'd start with this model. You won't be sorry.
review image review image
on February 3, 2011
I have had this type of watch for over 3 decades. I have surfed, dived, camped, hiked and otherwise abused the watch forever. Its always been there for me. I have to get a new watchband every few years, but the watch keeps on going in any conditions.

I would recomend this watch or its close cousins to anyone with outdoor sports or activity interests.
on May 3, 2010
I just received this watch today and I am very pleased with the initial quality. It is a solid and very masculine watch. The case is a bright reflective stainless steel and the bezel has a nice, smooth ratchet-like click to it when it is turned to measure elapsed time. The band is wide, yet flexible and comfortable. Because it has automatic movement, as instructed in the manual,I swayed it back and forth about 10 times after removing from the box to get it started. The date and time were very easy to set and the sweep second hand really adds an exclamation point to the impression of quality and style. This watch replaced a Tag Heuer Formula 1 Chronograph that I had to return because of quality problems. I will follow up this review at a later time with an update.

2/6/11 - Follow-Up
Watch is still great. It seems to pick up a few minutes over the course of each month, so it needs to be adjusted back to actual time. This is not a problem as I believe that a little too fast is better than too slow. Also, the automatic movement will stop if not worn for more than 16-20 hours, so plan on resetting the time if you don't wear everyday or purchase an automatic watch winder. I wear everyday and the face and finish are still perfect. It doesn't scratch or ding very easily.
on November 28, 2015
I have to give the watch I received a three star review. As you can see in the photo the lume marker in the 6:00 position is not centered on the face. The 12:00, 3:00 and 9:00 positions all align properly while the 6:00 marker is pushed slightly toward the 9:00 position. It's not drastic but should not be like this. Face alignment is a reasonable and basic expectation. I am torn about returning the watch as the replacement might be the same or worse. From what I have read on the Watchuseek forum this is a common problem with this model. Unless the seller can inspect the replacement to guarantee the new watch will have a properly aligned face I will probably send the watch the Seiko USA in NJ for a replacement face or whatever it needs to have everything align. This should easily qualify as a warranty issue under workmanship. Other than this misalignment the watch works perfectly and was delivered on time and with no damage.

Also important: This watch does not come with a manufacturers warranty card. This leads me to believe it is a grey market watch.

Update 12/31/2015: I am changing my rating to a 4 out of 5 for this watch. The reason for that is the watch keeps exceptional time for an automatic. This particular watch has been +3 seconds / -3 seconds a day since I purchased it. That is extremely accurate for any automatic watch. I had the face misalignment addressed and am very happy.
review image
on June 9, 2009
I purchased a Seiko with the metal band many years ago and I loved it. On October 23, 1981 I was on a fishing boat that capsized in Moriches Inlet, Long Island N.Y. Among the items I lost was my Seiko. It's most likely still ticking at the bottom of the Inlet. After procrastinating many years I decided to search for a replacement and found that Amazon offered the watch at a great price. It feels at home on my wrist - arrived ahead of schedule and in perfect condition
on September 9, 2013
A great Seiko watch!!!

No More Batteries Required. I hate when the watch battery dies in the middle of something important. Like a scuba dive. Even though I dive with a computer I still note my dive time with my watch [just in case the dive computer malfunctions - 3x]. My rig includes an old fashion air and depth guage for backup [Murphy's Law]. Which with a watch allows me to keep going. Twice though in the past couple of years my watch battery has died during a dive.

Watch is easy to read day or nite. I haven't noticed any time gain or loss since I got it. Would have bought one of these years ago if I could have afforded it.
on May 18, 2015
They sent me the wrong watch but I'm going to keep it.The difference was the face...wasn't what I ordered[not this face].It was all black.I know these watches.They are damn good ...stainless steel ,will not corrode,no battery,by movement,handle abuse,average size -42[44 is too big], and looks good.You can't beat it for the money.I've done them all and they don't last.Biggest probs is corrosion and once you change the battery ,you break the seal..with other watches.Not this one.I highly recommend this watch if you work construction.It will last.m
on July 24, 2016
Great buying experience through Amazon - no surprise there. This is a great watch for $200. It does everything well - looks awesome, super tough, mechanical movement is very accurate.
I swapped the rubber band for a Nato strap through WCWC (Wrist Candy Watch Club). Super comfortable set up.
Highly recommend it.
review image
on September 9, 2009
i have bought this watch for my son whom graduated the naval commander course and chose this model. the watch came in perfect shape, quickly and is excellent.
the buying experience was very good. my son is happy - so i'm too.
few month had passed (it's Jan' 2010) and the watch has stoped and wouldnt go. i've taken it to be checked and the watchmaker told me that these automatic mechanizm is problematic, inaccurate and tends to break down

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.