Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 87 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 96 reviews
on January 17, 2015
So I really like Seiko watches. They have the quality of much more expensive watches. I have three: this automatic, the air diver and the tuna can. I really like all three but am a sucker for a sweeping second hand. It's nice and big, almost as big as the tuna can and is an outstanding value at $150. It came packed well from Japan and is spending a lot of time on my wrist. I like it as much as my $800 Tuna Can. Good stuff. I added a NATO strap for a little color. Easy to do. Great watch and great vendor. Superb. If you're thinking of spending > $500 on a watch id start with seiko and I'd start with this model. You won't be sorry.
review image review image
on November 28, 2015
I have to give the watch I received a three star review. As you can see in the photo the lume marker in the 6:00 position is not centered on the face. The 12:00, 3:00 and 9:00 positions all align properly while the 6:00 marker is pushed slightly toward the 9:00 position. It's not drastic but should not be like this. Face alignment is a reasonable and basic expectation. I am torn about returning the watch as the replacement might be the same or worse. From what I have read on the Watchuseek forum this is a common problem with this model. Unless the seller can inspect the replacement to guarantee the new watch will have a properly aligned face I will probably send the watch the Seiko USA in NJ for a replacement face or whatever it needs to have everything align. This should easily qualify as a warranty issue under workmanship. Other than this misalignment the watch works perfectly and was delivered on time and with no damage.

Also important: This watch does not come with a manufacturers warranty card. This leads me to believe it is a grey market watch.

Update 12/31/2015: I am changing my rating to a 4 out of 5 for this watch. The reason for that is the watch keeps exceptional time for an automatic. This particular watch has been +3 seconds / -3 seconds a day since I purchased it. That is extremely accurate for any automatic watch. I had the face misalignment addressed and am very happy.
review image
on August 27, 2016
Watch arrived on time -- This is the k version -- The bezel and markers line up properly and it has the 7S26 movement -- no scratches on case or other issues that I can see. The rubber strap is a bit rough, so I added a Strapcode 22mm Super Oyster Type II bracelet -- a vast improvement which makes the watch look much better. That's why I gave it 4 stars. Purchased this since I wanted the SKX 009 as part of my collection. Satisfied so far.
on September 9, 2013
A great Seiko watch!!!

No More Batteries Required. I hate when the watch battery dies in the middle of something important. Like a scuba dive. Even though I dive with a computer I still note my dive time with my watch [just in case the dive computer malfunctions - 3x]. My rig includes an old fashion air and depth guage for backup [Murphy's Law]. Which with a watch allows me to keep going. Twice though in the past couple of years my watch battery has died during a dive.

Watch is easy to read day or nite. I haven't noticed any time gain or loss since I got it. Would have bought one of these years ago if I could have afforded it.
on April 15, 2015
Really happy with this, band is a little uncomfortable, but perfect for water sports- I may buy another band for daily/dress wear. Watch is about 1 second fast in 24 hours, wow! got lucky with this one
on December 7, 2016
I've always been a fan of seiko's watches because of their quality. I bought this for my husband as a Christmas gift last year and he loves it! He's into watches and owns a couple high-end brand watches but he always turns to this one for everyday wear. He says it's simple and reliable which was exactly what he was looking for. He also got some NATO straps to go with it so he can change it up depending on his outfits. I'm so glad I got this for him!
on December 19, 2016
Great watch!
on December 11, 2013
Probably the best price/quality diver out there. I use this to go diving with, had many dive with it and had no problem ever.
The USA's version crown threads are not very well made, takes a little force to close. Bezel doesn't move as crisp either, i suggest to pay the premium and get the Japan made version (SKX009J), parts are by far better made also the movement seems to be better tuned and more accurate, the ticking sounds healthier too.

I do hate the plastic straps that comes with, they are awfully long and too plastic-ky for my taste.
The SKX009 takes 22mm Nato.
on March 26, 2016
I've had it for about a week now, and I've had no issues with it whatsoever. I'm thoroughly impressed by the design and feel of it and has become my everyday. I bought it with the rubber band as, in my opinion, it takes on a very "aquatic" and sporty look which I desired in this watch. It's a fine watch and one cannot go wrong with the price. I highly recommend it. Be prepared to receive compliments.
on April 18, 2016
I would give this watch 5 stars, but the bezel top arrow does not align perfectly with the 12 o'clock and chapter ring. This is a common problem among SKXs.
Overall it's a great watch. The movement is accurate and it doesn't lose much time over a course of a week. The lume is great. The rubber band is a bit stiff, so a nato strap will solve this problem. Plus it looks better on a nato.