Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide $24.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Echo Dot Black Friday Deals Week: Fire tablets starting at $29.99. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite Just Dance 2018 Shop Now HTL17_gno

on October 11, 2010
Love the watch. Great looking and the right size for my wrist. And Seiko quality and reliability. However, I would like to say a word or two to potential senior customers (with old eyes and ears) - the small dials are kind of tough to read. For example, it's difficult to set the alarm time exactly where you want it - actually, that doesn't matter since you can't hear the alarm anyway! Much too high a frequency. And determining the exact minute when the stopwatch is stopped is difficult unless you use a magnifier. I guess these are just nits since I like the watch so much, but I thought they might be helpful.
on May 22, 2014
This watch (SNAA30 Alarm Chronograph Black Ion) and SKA366 (same black and gold, Kinetic) are quite similar in appearance. Both are striking, and especially good for Black and Gold supporters (Pittsburgh Steelers, Purdue Boilermakers). This Chronograph though has tiny dials and hands that are hard to read. For that function a digital watch, timer or phone app would be vastly better. The large sweep hand isn't really the seconds hand, that's in a small dial, it's the 'stop watch' hand. Though it moves in 1/5 second intervals one could never read it that closely. Appearance-wise there is more white on the background, due to the dials and numbers, and the markings around the perimeter, versus the SKA366 which is mostly BLACK and GOLD, and appears more like a dress watch. I decided the fun of playing with the chronograph features would wear off quickly and chose the SKA366. I also didn't want to have to change and pay for batteries periodically for the chronograph, the other is kinetic (movement charges a rechargeable battery) . Both have the same nice band, with removable links (I bought an inexpensive link-removal tool; see my review) and one other small adjustment (additional holes) for adjusting the band to size. These watches may be durable, but I would never use them for everyday rough work, I'd keep them for the office or other more refined places. They come in a nice 2-piece pasteboard box on a small pillow, like good watches should. Amazon delivery was quick by the normal free method. These watches are a bit heavy, and it is hard to find the weight published. The SNAA30 Chronograph weighed 117 grams, the SKA366 weighed 121 grams before I removed 2 links and then weighed 114 grams, so the band is a significant part of the weight. That feels very comfortable on my wrist and becomes unnoticeable through the day. Nice watches; I almost kept both of them. Good price at Amazon and they had given me a 20% off coupon as well. Prices before discount were $205.90 ($450 list) and $222.13 ($475 list - list prices were printed on the box, but list prices don't mean much). They have Hardlex crystal instead of sapphire, which is probably sufficient but I would have preferred sapphire as everywhere I read says that is superior. Nonetheless, very happy with my purchase.
on March 8, 2015
A really nice looking watch, and if over time this Seiko lasts as long as the one I purchased in Sembawang, Singapore in 1962. I shall be best pleased. That one lasted me 30 years. Because of the finish it might take a bit more of looking after to keep it in a nice condition. but that is the same with anything. No complaints at the moment. Now a week later, the black finish started to come off the wristband, almost 40% inside the band, and started to show wear outside so returned the watch to Amazon and bought another SS watch without the black finish. I only wore this watch in normal circumstances, never to the beach or swimming, or to the gym. I have a Ironman Triathlon for that.
on October 31, 2013
I previous Seiko was over 15 years old and preformed perfectly the whole time. It became scratch up and difficult to read and I needed a new one. This new one met all of my expectations from Seiko and the order arrived exactly as scheduled by Amazon. Both the old and new Seiko are set to the atomic time clock in Boulder and both watches keep the time to the nearest second over a period of 6 months or more. I took the new one to a watch repair to adjust the band at a cost of $8. The only negative factor is that it was advertised by Amazon to be able to keep two time Zones and this was not supported by Seiko instructions, not that this is a very important issue. I bought this model because it is easy to read, even in the dark, and it is very easy to read.
on October 23, 2011
Watch arrived 2 days earlier than the estimated delivery which I took as a good sign. My initial impression of the watch is very positive - it is a very attractive design with the metallic black offset by the gold enhancements. Telling the time is easy with the hands standing out from the black background of the face without issue. A bonus was reasonably good luminous hands which worked well is pitch dark settings - something that wasn't mentioned in the product description. The luminosity isn't so good in semi-dark IMHO but not complaining. Watch band feels a little light compared to high end watches but for the price I'm not complaining.

Setting the watch up is relatively easy but you need to crack the instruction manual codes - not intuitive but the watch wasn't designed by Steve Jobs. Chronograph operation works well although the second hand doesn't perfectly set at 12 = off by 1/5 second. Haven't cracked the alarm setting but I'm using that device as a second time zone (UK) as suggested.

Overall I'm pleased with my purchase - I wanted a decent priced chronograph which could be used as a standard day watch and that's exactly what I got. Time to get the band adjusted - will see if the finish holds up to general wear and tear.
on November 9, 2017
As others have said, the pics do not do this watch justice. Highly polished glossy black with the gold accent really pops.
on September 1, 2017
Very nice looking watch....since I have a small wrist, I had to have 4 links taken out of the band but that was only $6. I will probably never use the chronograph or stopwatch but I just like the looks of them. All in all, I'm very happy with this watch
on March 24, 2016
This watch is great. I had a Seiko for years and it was lost in an unfortunate boating accident. I got this as a replacement and I am very happy with it. I can wear it every day without it appearing out of place or needlessly gaudy, and I can wear it to nice functions with a conservative suit and it matches well. Not having to wind the watch is nice also, and the fact that it is stainless steal and water resistant mean that I never have to worry about it if I take a dive in a river or out on a hike.
on October 22, 2012
This was quite possibly one of the most impulsive buys I have ever had. Nevertheless, it's still an amazing watch. It looks beautiful, works wonderfully, and it's always accurate. People compliment on it all the time because of it's shiny black and gold band (seriously, ALL the time). It is definitely much shinier than it is in the picture. And that's not a bad thing! It certainly doesn't look cheap. It works well both in the casual and formal sense. Perfect for both interviews and dinner parties. I would say that the cover can get scuffed quite easily if you rub or hit it accidentally against a rough metal or abrasive surface, and the other timers on the watch are a little useless (they just serve to look pretty). Regardless, the scratches are only visible if looked at carefully. In the long run, I wear this watch nearly everyday (almost a year now), and I have never had any problems. If you have the money to spend, I would absolutely recommend this watch. It's simply a masterpiece of Seiko intuition and development.
on February 11, 2013
Absolutely beautiful watch that looks much better than the pictures posted. The only qualm I have with the watch is that the traditional "seconds" hand is used for the stop watch feature and a dial is used for the seconds measurement. It does not take anything away from the watch aesthetically but at first glace, it makes it appear that the watch has stopped until you notice the second dial ticking away for the seconds measurement (very small qualm, obviously). Overall, I am extremely pleased with how beautiful and accurate the watch is. Seiko has made a lifetime customer out of me in one purchase - very satisfied.