Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 35 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 38 reviews
on March 23, 2014
I'm the type of person who just Plain loves mechanical devices with "bells and whistles", and this watch for the price has these additions in spades!There is a learning curve as such with this watch, by all means please read the various direction books included with this item! as an example I personally thought the watch stem had an issue only to find out, there's a trick as such found in the book of directions gives you a clear path in its operation. The other issue that you have to with is the watchband, exceptionally adjustable and you need to find somebody with the right tools and a little bit of patience to really get this correctly adjusted.I've been the proud owner of Seiko watches for decades, I used them and abuse them that seems to be my theme unfortunately. The facts are they last a very long time, have given me great service and I expect nothing less with this watch.
Note: if you're looking to purchase this watch(Or for that matter any brand) carefully read the descriptions to each of the dealers Of sale. It's important to note the warranty That might be involved here. dealers themselves have a variety of sources of imported watches for sale,, quite often bypassing the the official Seiko important channels! in this case, the warranty posted by the dealer, is By dealer themselves Not necessarily by the Seiko company . The other Warranty indication Coverage Deals with The Seiko and officially sanctioned distributorship. With that said if it has been officially imported by Seiko then Seiko itself At its distribution centers Will Take care of all warranty claims for the customer,And any future repairs! At issue here is,Seiko May very well refute and refuse repair any "dealer backed Warranty" Watches that come into their facility for repair. One of the immediate tale tell signs is if your watch comes with a warranty card from "Seiko Corporation of America", and it's timepiece registration unit out of New Jersey.Frequently these items In the past have been referred to as "gray market" imports, This has been a common practice with many camera dealers dealing with photo equipment decades.
on February 4, 2011
This is a great watch. It is very well built. It is relatively large in size so this may be an issue with people with smaller wrists. I would recommend taking a look at a store before ordering it.

Crown has a screw in lock. There is not much about that in the user's manual so to set the time you will have to first unscrew the crown from it's locked position.

To adjust the steel straps all you will have to do is use a 1 or 2mm pin and a small hammer in the direction of the arrows and locking pins will come out. Only take out the pins between the links marked with an arrow behind it. Those are the re-lockable pins. If you take others, you will not be able to lock them back to their position. I took mine to a watch store and they took out one of the permanent pins!!! Was really terribly annoying. I would recommend watching what they do with it even at a watch shop.

It's flight computer has a quite large manual which is a great plus.

Overall it is something attracts good attention and is built to last. You would wear it for many years with joy. I would recommend it.
on October 17, 2016
Seiko's tool watches (flight computer, dive, tachymeter) are serious pieces, and can run with the big dogs. This monster is no exception. It's built like a tank and delivers. Make no mistake, this is a huge watch. I'm a small guy, but somehow Seiko made the size work, and despite its notable heft, the SNAD05 does not feel awkward. It won't necessarily fit under a dress shirt cuff, but why hide this handsome devil? I'm not a fan of most steel Seiko bracelets, but this one perfectly fits the watch's style and is well-constructed. I bought this a little over a year ago (summer 2015), and the battery is going strong and the quartz movement is accurate.
on August 21, 2014
I just retired from 42 years as a pilot. 20 years AF and 22 years American Airlines. I had long ago given up wearing my Seiko watches in favor of the Casio calculator watch. My wife got me this Seiko watch as a retirement gift, plus I needed a "dress watch." This one fills the bill very well. The E-6B type slide rule works great if you have enough light to read the scales. It was pretty easy to remove links from the band, although I didn't see directions for this in the instruction manual. (Just find the links with the arrows and tap the pins out with a brad and hammer in the arrow direction.) The alarm is pretty soft and the dial isn't easy to read in the dark, but the watch looks sharp and keeps good time. Even though it's much heavier than the "rubber" Casio I'm used to, it wears well on the wrist. I agree with others that this is as good a timepiece as the much more expensive brands. Here's the statement it makes about you: Geekish, a user of analog calculators (or poses as one,) prefers value over brand bling.
on July 31, 2014
Well, I have flirted with buying this watch for nearly 3 years. I finally did it and I got it today. When I opened the box, my first reaction was "Wow!". The look of quality. I picked it up and the feel of quality. The photos do NOT do it justice. $209 and it surpasses watches costing multiples. I'm not sure how Seiko does it. A couple weeks ago I bought a Swiss chrono, I was very happy with, for $310, and it pales in comparison. I will wear the Seiko and the Swiss chrono goes in the drawer. This watch is a deal. 5 stars without hesitation. Completely satisfied.
on July 25, 2014
I was looking for a nice wristwatch to celebrate my 71st birthday. And I found one! I like the size, appearance, quality, and price. Hopefully, a flight attendant will never make an announcement over the PA that he/she is looking for someone with a flight computer to help out the pilot. but if that day ever comes...I will be ready.
on April 4, 2016
Amazing watch! I got it 3 years ago and have worn it everyday since. Very reliable, quite big on the wrist. I love a good lume on a watch and this one definitely meets the standards.

Its flattering to get it compared with high end luxury watches. People often complement it and look shocked when they see it. I recommend this watch 10/10.
on July 1, 2015
Looks even better in person. The image doesn't represent the quality of this watch.

Seiko does it again, I have no regrets.

Five stars for me.
on February 18, 2015
its a good looking watch with a lot of stuff to learn, there is actually a thick book explaining all its functions. I wouldn't go into detail :). A bit crowded though. This watch is really comfortable to wear and you could probably use it as a dress watch too.
on July 25, 2014
We bought this for our son who got out of the Marines last summer and is now learning to fly helicopters. He loves this watch.