Amazon Vehicles Beauty Return your textbook rentals STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Gifts for Dad Shop Popular Services twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 140 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 154 reviews
on January 11, 2015
The Seiko SNDA65 is a great watch and I think represents awesome value for money. The build and finish are excellent. The only drawback is the strap which is easily resolved with a simple upgrade. I chose a black high-performance, Lorica lined similar to canvas or nylon (pictured). In my opinion the strap upgrade really elevates the watch.
review image review image
66 comments| 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 29, 2015
I needed a watch that could take an absolute beating. I work as a cook 40 hours a week and a bartender on the weekends its spent a lot of time submerged in water. So many variables went into the purchase of this watch. 135$ is a lot of money to spend but it equates to a hell of a value if you ask me.

I bought this watch because I needed something something water proof I wash a lot of dishes while I work at both jobs. I needed something light weight, waterproof a must I didn't want to be taking this off every time I had to put my hands in a sink which is a lot. I needed it be smooth and fairly slim I go in and out of my pocket with ease I don't want it catching or getting caught up on anything this couldn't be something that gets in the way. Had to be easy to read in low light. Really wanted to have all digits 1-12. This wasn't a a purchase I made to make a fashion statement it needed to be functional if I'm going to have this on my person 24 hours a day it better not get in my way.

I'm going to start with the cons. But to me these aren't deal breakers I'm just trying give a fair judgment.
The black Finnish has been fairly abused, it's starting to show signs of wear,
if you look closely at my photo you can see, that's not deal breaker for me. Then there is the calendar its small I suppose one may consider it difficult to read, Again not deal breaker to me. Finally the pin to set the time every once in a while finds its way out and the date will adjust not a deal breaker doesn't upset me in the very least.

Now the PROS.
Keeps time very well.
Numbers are easy to read.
Glows adequately the bar I work it is a low light environment.
Yeah she's water proof I've spent hours having this submerged wether it's at work on on vaca. I just got back from a week pretty much spent in the hot tub or pool with my watch on.
The chronograph is convenient really nice to not have to pull out my cell phone to time something silly like a lunch break of when I give customers 5 min on the back deck at the bar. But for the fact that the watch had a chronograph have little to do with my decision to buy this watch.

It's appropriately sized the weight it good it's really not heavy As some one who never wore a watch I can say I hardly notice it's there. I've found many watches at the end of the night while cleaning. Why because from time to time a spring bar comes out and the watch just comes off generally with out the customer even realizing. So I got a NATO strap because it runs through the back and if I loose a spring bar I'll still have my watch. And last but not least I get a lot of compliments on it. I'm very pleased with this purchase.
review image
on May 12, 2014
I needed an everyday watch that looked like it belonged everywhere, from the golf course to the office and from the bar to a hockey game. After lots of searching, I decided the SNDA65 was the right choice.

I've got dinky wrists (6" circumference), so at 43mm, this is about the largest watch I can wear without looking like I attached a wall clock to my wrist. The dial is busy but legible, the chronograph needles do quite the dance both when timing and when resetting, and the dark finish looks great with both t-shirts and suits. As this is a quartz watch, it keeps near-perfect time, and setting the time/date is relatively simple. Make sure to rotate the hands past midnight so you can see whether you're setting AM/PM time, particularly when setting the date.

Seiko is largely considered the gateway drug of watch brands, offering tremendous bang for the buck. I replaced the strap with a traditional NATO strap a few days after purchasing the watch and have found that changing the color of the band really makes the watch pop. You can dress it up with leather and dress it down with tan nylon, so invest in a couple straps to keep the watch fresh for any occasion.

The SNDA65 is relatively heavy as far as quartz watches go, but the on-wrist feel is solid and doesn't impede typing or a golf swing. The lume is great, with a few minutes in light providing hours of legible glow at night.
review image
on October 2, 2013
Overall I like the watch for fit, feel, and style. It is substantial in weight, but not too bulky. I feel like I am wearing a watch that has some resilience. I would like to have tritium for the glow-in-the-dark hands/marks, but it would cost more. It shows up well enough for seeing at night though.

Pros:
- Looks. Love the dark grey/black case. Black canvas band is nice.
- Easy to set.
- Canvas band is easily adjustable for comfort on the wrist (plenty of holes & 2nd around the band strap for extra band).

Cons:
- Band is a bit less rugged than what I like. The buckle on the band is not very thick, post that goes through the holes is small, holes are small.
on March 30, 2015
I really like this watch, it is attractive and comfortable, but it has a flaw. The crown constantly gets pulled out from catching on things, like the edge of my pocket. That ends up throwing the time off. The worst part is that it gets pushed back in also, so the watch isn't stopped necessarily, it's just wrong. I can't wear a watch that I can't count on. This may be an issue isolated to me but it is definitely worth noting. Other than that issue it is excellent.
on April 24, 2014
I purchased the watch in January 2014, had it 4 months. I wear it daily. I am not a watch fiend, I have 3 watches. I have tended toward Timex Ironman varieties...they hold up well, accurate, and handy with alarms and stop watches. And I have a nicer polished stainless watch I wear more on special occasions. I purchased this as it looked similar to one in a recent Bourne movie...but that one was amusingly $13,000 in cost and this Seiko looks cool for fairly cheap money. I tend to wear it to work or if going out. While I like the functionality of the Ironman, I don't think it presents all that well when I am sitting with clients or whatnot. I own my own company, I can wear whatever I want, just think the Seiko looks cool.

For operation, I like it a lot. Less 'going on' than some typical chronographs which to me look a bit overdone. Typical hour and minute hands, with very small second hand on left of dial. 3 other hands come into play when you use the chronograph. Upper does full sweep every second. Lower tracks minutes. Large red pointer in middle increments every second. Frankly, I find my Ironman watche is better for timing if I am jogging or whatnot. But it is a neat feature to have on this Seiko. And when you stop the chronograph and reset, the hands all sweep back to zero, looks cool. The first few days I owned it I did that quite a bit just to watch it. Very cool. But realistically, not something I do a lot.

On the negative side, 2 things. First, the DATE is pretty small, particularly as I have been used to the Ironman so large and telling me full day and date, not just a number. Second, I had a weird thing occur 2 days ago where the time was off 15 minutes. I can't explain it. I don't recall it being off any day prior to that. Perhaps I accidentally pulled the stem out and it spun? I just dont know. I adjusted and all seems fine. Who knows.

Frankly, despite the 2 negatives, I really like it. It looks cool, it has good heft on my wrist. I have worn it nearly every day since I got it.
on August 5, 2014
In a word, THRILLED. The watch arrived earlier than scheduled (that may not happen to everyone, obviously), it is beyond anything I could have imagined seeing it in person. It's classy, functional, seems plenty sturdy and even after accidentally hitting it against a wall a couple times, no scratches. I like the crystal being flush with the supporting stainless. Accuracy is great, I've had it wet and while it is supposed to be good for shallow swimming I will avoid that level of water pressure on the watch. The watch arrived with movement running, not a problem! It just looks classy and works well with any clothing...just looks classy for a guy in a technical field. If I did anything I'd stay with Seiko (thoroughly a fan now) and perhaps look for the next level upward of watch...but I don't see myself getting tired of this for a LOOOONG time. I've read comments about hearing the movement make noise..not this one, can't hear a thing.
on August 10, 2015
watch is great, but strap is sub par. immediately replaced it with a leather strap. for my wrist, the biggest buggaboo is the crown. it digs into my left wrist. also a touch large/heavy. however, the watch face is beautiful and craftsmanship is unassailable. If you're on the fence, i'd go for it. It's also silent, unlike my timex quartz chronograph.
on April 29, 2013
As a consumer, I take pride in the type of watch that I wear daily. I haven't reached the social status of being able to drop $10k on a Rolex, but I will spend anywhere from $50 - $500 for a decent watch. Just giving you a background on me as a consumer.

To put it in simple terms, this watch is the PERFECT watch for daily wear. I have thinner wrist, so I don't like small watches that make me look like a 15 year old, but I also don't like the huge watches that body guards wear. This is the perfect size and weight for everyday wear, and has been extremely durable considering the bumps and bruises that come along with wearing a watch daily. I've received a ton of compliments on it, and it honestly has the look and make of a watch that would cost much more than $180. The nylon strape is fine, although I wouldn't be opposed to a change at some point in the future.
on June 19, 2013
Let me start by saying this Chronograph came a day earlier than expected. It came in a cardboard box with the Seiko watch box inside. There was a $315.00 price tag on the box and I am pleased to report I paid less than 1/2 of that amount. This watch is so beautiful and I have gotten a few compliments so far. The strap is very solid and because the watch is a little larger than most I am glad the strap is so solid. This chronograph has a quartz action and self-winding kinetic mechanism. It is VERY accurate and I love the fact that I never have to wind it or use batteries. The chronograph functions on the watch are easy to use and read also. One nice surprise was that the date is also on the face of this watch. I have even worn this Seiko with dress clothes. I bought this SNDA65 to replace my old one. I wore the old Seiko while welding for over 25 years and I am only replacing it because the metal parts were burnt and covered with BB's. I had put 4 crystal's on the old one over the years of abuse, but never once did I have to wind it and it always kept perfect time. No more welding in my watch anymore !

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.