Your Garage Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Limited time offer Grocery Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning billions billions billions  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 116 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 119 reviews
on November 2, 2011
I've been a buyer of Seiko watches for many years. They are dependable, stylish, and great values. This particular watch was a perfect example. Beautiful packaging for a nice gift. Watch is "thin" and very light weight. Exactly what I was looking for.
on July 31, 2012
I shopped around for months looking for the right watch and finally selected this one. I have ZERO regrets. I like everything about this watch. All the other watches with similar function (Day and Date) had some shortcomings. They were either too large or the font on the day date was too small making it difficult to read.

This watch looks classy with its gold body and black dial, has day/date lettering that is clearly legible, is solar powered, has luminous hands and isn't over sized in either diameter or thickness. I hardly know I'm wearing it.

Similar Citizens, Bulova and Wenger watches all fell short in one or more of these aspects. I was ready to spend twice what I paid for this watch but couldn't find one that has the features this one does.

All pros no cons
VINE VOICEon July 23, 2013
I bought this to use as a dress watch. It's slim profile fits nicely under the cuffs on long sleeve shirts. The solar feature is nice. However, after only 1 year of use, the watch has stopped working, and no amount of charging will work. Very disappointed in the durability of a brand I've known for many years and expected to be reliable.

Update on 7/24/2013
Seiko's response for warranty is that the Amazon seller that sold this watch is NOT an authorized reseller, so there is no warranty provided for the watch. So unless Amazon (and its sellers) can prove they are authorized resellers, you are buying this watch at your own risk. Seiko's email message is copied below for reference:
---------------------
Thank you for choosing the Seiko Corporation of America (SCA) Service Center for your timekeeping needs.

E2Z Watches is not and authorized Seiko retailer, therefore the watch you purchased from them is not covered under the Seiko Limited Warranty.

You are welcome to send your watch to our repair facility for a free evaluation and after the free evaluation is completed we will contact you with the a repair estimate.
on January 2, 2012
Fantastic Deal! This is exactly what my husband wanted. A Seiko basic watch with black dial, black leather-like band, date, and dial that glows in the dark so he can see it at night. My husband is delighted with this gift. It is well worth the money and ordering thru Amazon is always easy and delivery is prompt.
on December 19, 2014
This is a beautiful watch, however, mine stopped running and SEIKO customer service in Jersey doesn't answer my calls. Recording comes on and states they are closed in observation of the holiday. December 19th, a Friday at 2PM. Eastern time is a holiday? Since when. Must be a Jersey thing.
I will send the watch back to Japan, if necessary.
When no one in the one and only US repair facility is available to take a call, THAT is some terrible customer service.
The watch has only been worn a dozen times over the last 1 1/2 years. It sits atop my dresser and gets plenty of light.
Too bad Seiko makes garbage watches and has terrible to non-existent customer service.
Do yourself a favor and buy a Citizens. I have not had any issues with mine to date.
on February 15, 2012
Gave this to my husband for his birthday, tired of going to jewelers for watch batteries this is a blessing. Runs on solar. I am so glad I purchased this watch for him, he has many watches but this is now his new favorite. Great price looks very classy.
on November 13, 2012
After an attractive but off-brand watch quit on me after less than 6 months, I decided to go back to a Seiko watch, even though they cost a bit more. I have had two Seiko watches in the past - the first given to me by my wife as a present. IMO - they're very attractive. I prefer simple designs, not busy and cluttered designs with lots of numbers, and multiple dials. After all, I've been tellling time for about 56 years, and know where the numbers are located.

I'm sick of batteries quitting on me, so I decided to go with the "solar" watch that will charge from any light source - like most calculators these days. I don't know how long the solar cell will last, but if calculators are any indication, this shouldn't be a problem.

I've only had the watch a couple of weeks - it keeps perfect time. How long it will last is anybody's guess, but my 2 previous Seiko watches (battery operated) lasted for a few years each. I even replaced the battery on one (almost as expensive as a new watch), but eventually ended up disposing of both because I managed to beat them up so badly. For some reason, I'm hard on watches.

I'd would recommend this "solar" watch from Seiko.
on July 9, 2013
This watch represents excellent value, keeps time very well, and the solar power is amazing. I've not done anything since I bought it. One thing to bear in mind is to set/reset the calendar in the morning, or it will not work correctly. The directions did not mention this. The only flaw is that the gold hour markers reflect light, making the watch difficult to read in direct sunlight.
on September 20, 2014
This watch looks nice on the website, but the warts and creases become very obvious when you hold it in your hand. As my other reviews on Seiko watches demonstrate, I am getting more and more negative on this brand.

Pros: Comparatively cheap for a solar powered watch. Luminescent dial for use in night.
Cons: The background of the dial does not look elegant on close inspection. It is neither dark blue or black, but an ashy gray which clashes with the gold hour markers. Even with reading glasses, I found it hard to read time. This watch is considerably thicker ( about 40% more) than a similar Citizen Eco-Drive.

I returned this watch and got a Citizen Eco-Drive BM8242-08E, which I adore! More money but it worth it.

on January 25, 2013
Well, not quite, but you'll never know the difference. This watch needs nothing except to live on your wrist. The solar battery does its job and the watch is extremely accurate. It looks great on the wrist, too.