Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New Album by Foo Fighters PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 2,930 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 3,177 reviews
on February 23, 2017
Purchased this watch back in 2013, it had an easy first couple of years. Then wore it through US Army Infantry basic training. The watch never left my wrist, drug it through mud and muck, water, sweat, tears, banged it around on a tile floor whilst doing pushups. Broke a springbar putting on a rucksack once but that was an easy fix. Been wearing it the last 2 years in the Army, It's been really cold, and really hot, swam with me on numerous water survival tasks, jumped off high dives and zip lines into a lake, it's been on my wrist jumping out of planes and helicopters at 1500ft. I don't know what people are talking about "splash resistant" this little seiko has been on my wrist for the combat water survival assessment at least 15 times. Small enough that it doesn't get in the way of gloves or long sleeve shirts. Spend the 50 bucks, stick a nato strap on it, beat the hell out of it for as long as it lasts, then buy a new one. I've been brutalizing mine for 4+ years and it hasn't skipped a beat.
0Comment| 142 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 28, 2015
I immediately changed the strap to a brown leather one with deployment clasp. Makes the watch very classy. Almost like a Hamilton. For the price, I am bee impressed!
review image review image review image review image review image
1212 comments| 320 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 4, 2017
Precise and nice watch. The day-date is clear and legible, in two languajes: en-es. The dial is super clear and this is a 37mm, hence a more traditional and wearable watch. I changed the strap but after some weeks of use with different stratps, found that the original is the best.
The precision is +-2s/24hrs. I almost inmediately get used to the numbers in the dial, a small ring with the hours and big numbers outside for the minutes. Here a size comparison with the Omega Speedmaster Moonwatch Mens Watch 311.30.44.51.01.002 and the Swiza Men's WAT.0352.1001 Siriuz Analog Display Swiss Quartz Black Watch
review image review image review image review image
on September 21, 2017
I've owned quite a few watches - I wouldn't quite call it a hobby of mine, but I do enjoy a good watch. After wearing it for a while, this is by far my favorite. I've got some tips (see below) on how to get the most out of it, but first, here are the things I like about it:

It's perfect for people with smaller wrists like mine. This has one of the smallest faces you can find on men's watches. Most are in the 40-45mm range; this is 37mm. For me, that's a huge plus - it looks so much more proportional, and my wrists look less feminine.
It seems to be very accurate - doesn't lose significant time or gain significant time within a week. I've had watches before that are much closer to an atomic clock than this, but if a few seconds deviation a week doesn't bother you, this will be just fine.
The clear back is fascinating - not just to see the automatic winding action, but the detailed components and gears of the movement. Something to show the kids, at least (and I'm about to be a new father, so I've got to start thinking about that, right?) :)
The glow-in-the-dark points and hands are a bit under-powered - but that's pretty standard for a watch at this price range and size. Just expect to have to use a flashlight to read your watch, unless you just stepped out of a bright light source.

And now for the tips:
These watches don't come wound up very much - before you worry about setting dates or times, I'd recommend taking 60 seconds to shake the watch and wind it up. Hold the face vertical and shake it back and forth. That way you won't have to set the time twice as it won't die on you during the process. After that, if it dies on you, treat it like a fitness tracker telling you to get off your bum and move more (or wear the watch, more).
The band that comes with this watch is very rugged. It will probably survive whatever you throw at it, which is one of the reasons I got this watch. But mine really chaffed for the first week or two. The seams of the canvas strap have been melted at the end that was cut off to prevent fraying, but it's not comfortable. Mine got better, though, after just wearing it for a week or two, and is no longer a problem. I bet that someone who wanted to accelerate that process could take a nail file to that rough edge and save themselves a reddened wrist.
NEVER, never change the date between 9:00 p.m. and 4:00 a.m. That seems like a silly rule, but you can actually damage an automatic watch's date function by doing this, because the mechanism that changes the date is engaged during those hours. If you're unlucky and your watch stopped between those hours, or you're not sure if it stopped around noon (fine) or midnight (bad), you will want to follow the following procedure just to be safe:
1. Advance the watch a full day using the crown to change the hands (NOT THE DATE), passing midnight and stopping around noon.
2. Adjust the day and date to "yesterday"
3. Advance the watch through midnight, changing the day and date to "today"
4. Reset the correct time.
5. Rewind watch by shaking it from side to side.

Hopefully this has been useful to you - let me know!
on September 14, 2017
This watch is great!!! I was looking for an eco-friendly alternative to the standard battery operated watches I usually buy. After looking at many options, this one looked awesome and I love the fact that it runs automatically - no batteries!!! I am a slimmish woman and was a little worried about the size of a man's watch on my skinny minnie wrist but honestly, it looks fabulous (to me anyways!) In addition, I usually have a problem with watches spinning on my wrist (in the smallest size they go) but this one doesn't do that. It sits pretty well, and that is amazing to me - esp for a men's watch!! I've only had it barely a week but I love this thing.

I think maybe the only downside to it is that the band is a little tricky to put on, have to force the end through the loops and it sticks a little. I figure at some point I could replace the band, but it's really not enough to bother me to do it any time soon.
on June 25, 2017
Great, understated looks. Keeps time well. Great value for the price.

I changed the strap. The original canvas strap did not stay in position well on my super-dry skin without cinching it up really, really tight, and that canvas doesn't stretch. It was like wearing a sandpaper tourniquet. I put an aftermarket silicone strap on it; works great.

This is my first mechanical watch in decades, and my first automatic watch ever. Many days, I work on a CAD terminal, and on those days the watch doesn't get much winding action. First full day I had it I found that out when the watch ran down and stopped. Now I know to shake the watch for a bit in the morning before putting it on. I also check the watch time against the cell phone at that point and adjust as necessary. Only needs adjustment by a minute every few days. That's definitely accurate enough for me!
on February 4, 2016
I love it! Rather than say “price”, I will say “value”. It is an incredible value. Probably about the lowest priced Automatic (non quartz/battery) you can find.

I was interested in getting the Hamilton Khaki Field Officer Handwinding watch for around $275. While looking around for a good price, I stumbled upon this, the Seiko, and felt it would satisfy my curiosity at a good bit lower price.

It arrived fast. I was immediately impressed with the packaging. It comes nicely packed in a nice Seiko box. At this price, I really expected no frills, like maybe a bag or envelope of some type. Also, I was struck by the overall appearance. If someone told me this was a $200 watch, I would believe it. It doesn’t look cheap at all. It looks like a strong, sturdy, well made, good quality item.

The face struck me as somewhat overly crowded and busy, though interesting with different numbers and lines going every which way. I can easily read the time on it though. The hands are bold and clear.

I love the 37 mm size. As an older dude, the big watches of today are just too much for me. This is a great size for me. For a moment, I felt it was a little bit “blocky” or thick but that quickly passed, and I guess it needs the depth to accommodate the automatic movement.

Speaking of which… I read a bit about this online and understand this movement is used in many higher priced Seikos. The reviewer said it was superior to what he sees in other low priced automatics.

The crown is of note. It is not in the middle but off center and small. Sometimes, big crowns jut out and can kind of dig into my wrist. So this is very comfortable.

The brushed steel is rugged and apropos for this watch and it’s military design. It is really quite understatedly handsome.

I love the band. Though a simple piece of material, it is somewhat reinforced around the eyelets, but best of all, it fits my thick wrists comfortably. And because it is cloth, it has some give and everything combined make for an extremely comfortable feeling watch.

When I took it out of the box, it immediately started working, ignited by the little bit of movement of simply removing the watch. I know it sounds weird, but I was fascinated at seeing the second hand glide around the face so smoothly. It seemed so much cooler to me than the way the second hand moves on my Quartz watches.

It has stopped running a few times, but never when it was being worn. I may not have worn it long enough to keep it wound up and running.

I am concerned that about 10% of the reviewers cite bad experiences with the watch. That is not acceptable to me. Even though it is not high priced, I still expect some reliability and durability. Then again, I don’t know if that is realistic in an item at this price. Too bad, because it’s a honey for the money…
review image
22 comments| 57 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 8, 2016
By far the best value anywhere for any mechanical watch. Movement is tried and proven, durable, accurate, pleasant to watch from the clear case back. A must have for collectors looking for a daily wear automatic. First thing I did was replace the nylon straps with a NATO strap and deployment clasp, and now it looks like a $500 watch and not a $50 watch. loses a second or two if you aren't active enough to keep winding it with motion, but will catch up quickly if you are active with it, making it a great daily wearable!

(pro tip: to synchronize the second hand, turning the crown anticlockwise to turn time back will stop the second hand, which cannot be stopped otherwise unless you let it run down, set the watch fast and keep backing time up until the second hand is in sync with your reference)
on July 24, 2016
Nice watch. It's a 37mm in diameter, approximately 10.6mm in height, and a lug to lug length of about 43mm. It features an 18mm canvas strap with an automatic day/date complication (bilingual EN/ES) movement, which isn't hack-able or manually-wind. Looks just right on my 6.5" wrist and its price, is relative.
review image
on July 2, 2017
this is one awesome little watch, its very small by the way. but none the less great. it feels tough, feels durable and fearless all for $50!the only thing that bothers me is that for me, the watch stopped ticking for me after about a day of complete negligence. i thought it was supposed to be like a 48 power reserve or something. ahg, i wish i had another slot on my watch winder. look, if you like automatics, invest in a watch winder with at least 3 more slots that the amount of watches you currently own. also buy thiswatch!