Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 54 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 55 reviews
on April 7, 2016
I bought this watch because I was tired of fighting rechargeable battery issues with the Seiko solar watch I had previously purchased. This is a self-wind and I was really looking forward to it. It is a very nice looking watch, but it keeps lousy time. It looses time daily, sometimes days as little as a few seconds and other days as much as a minute or more. I realize that a mechanical watch is not going to be a accurate or consistent as a battery powered watch, but it should be better than this one. I am somewhat disappointed and do not recommend this watch for someone who expects consistent timekeeping.
on March 11, 2014
I bought this on a whim when Amazon had one of their lightning deals. My husband needed a new watch and this seemed perfect for him. He absolutely loves it! He loves the colors, the visible back, and the fact that it doesn't need a battery. He likes a simple analog watch and this fits the bill perfectly. He had to take it to a jeweler to get the large wristband adjusted but that didn't take long at all. He has never owned a Seiko before and I hope this lives up to their reputation!
on March 10, 2014
Hi All.

I have worn a "Seiko" Watch, for most of my life. My fist Seiko that I bought at the PX in Viet-Nam, The Price on it said, was $375.00 dollars. The Army's PX Price was $25 Dollars, and this was for a very, very, good, "Seiko's Skin Divers Watch". It served me very well in the 3 years that I spent in Viet-Nam.
That "Seiko" only last me for 27 years before it gave out. And I flew all over Viet-Nam in UH-1's Huey Helicopters, as a Door Gunner. That should tell you something about the Quality of Sekio Watches. This "Seiko, you just can't beat for the price. I'm very pleased with this Seiko Watch.
on April 1, 2014
I've had horrible luck with battery powered watches, so I've been thinking about buying a nice automatic. To tide me over, I decided to purchase this watch at a great price from Amazon. Usually, with inexpensive items like this, QA is one of the areas where costs are sacrificed, so I do believe the purchaser has a much better chance of getting a bad watch compared to a Breitling or even a Victorinox.

The watch looks great with casual wear and doesn't look out of place with a suit. In the short time I've had it, it's kept time just fine, but the crystal scratches very easily; therefore, expect to have it polished on a regular basis if you're a little hard on watches.
on March 2, 2014
This is an edit of a previous review. The watch I received appeared to have been a resold return. The plastic films protecting the band and the back of the watch had clearly been reapplied after having been removed. But the watch itself was in perfect shape -- so after a bit, I got over my disappointment and reconsidered. I slowly came to a more positive view of my purchase. This process was made easier by discovering the watch kept time to within 5 seconds a day. Not bad at all. My final assessment: Pretty watch, keeps time and is a great value. Would buy it again despite the initial annoyance of getting a less than pristine watch.
on May 25, 2016
Perfect fit the hand as a not heavy and for the elasticity of the bracelet. Looks beautiful and i love the biggest inner window to see the mechanism.It also have date and day indicators in french and english. The french help to all latins speakers to know the day in the week and is very easy to read.I apreciate the power reserve around 40 hours i and this is good.. Good polished and i give it "douse points".
on March 9, 2014
While not one of the flashiest or largest watches available, it is classy looking and well built.

Pros:
Good watch for all occasions dressed up or down
Self winding
21 jewel movement for low price
Easy to set day/date
Solid build

Cons:
Smaller bezel than expected (personal opinion based on my bias towards larger bezel watches)
Hand illumination is not as clear and bright as other watches I have at this value.

Overall, I think I would have been a little disappointed at the retail price of $185, but a great deal of you can get it for less than $100 (My price was only $53.99 during an Amazon promotion which justifies my 5 star rating)
on May 13, 2014
This watch looks much better than the web site shows. Very stylish. It was a little larger and heavier than I expected but I think it's because of the self wind mechanism. I have an old Seiko auto wind that is also larger and heavier than battery types.

I had to look on-line on YouTube to find out how to remove links in the bracelet to make it fit better. There were no instructions for that and none that I could find on Seiko site.

I have other nice watches, and I think this may be one of my favorites.
on May 9, 2014
Great watch and it is a Seiko!! It has a very stylish look to it and it stands out without being brash or trashy. You can change the day without having to roll the time and it keeps perfect time, even when it is not on my wrist (I don't sleep with it). It is a great watch and do recommend it.
on May 8, 2014
This is a beautiful watch and Amazon was running an amazing price on it the day I purchased. I had the necessary links removed and wear it just a tad loose as a bracelet style. Since the face is men's size, you can wear it a bit loosely without the watch "flipping over" on your wrist. I have had a lot of compliments and "where did you get your watch?" I like the self winding feature. If I don't wear it for more than about 36 hours though it loses a bit of time and I have to reset it. If I don't wear for 48 hours it stops completely and has to be reset. So be aware of this but love that I don't ever have to mess with batteries.