Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Listen for a chance to win Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop STEM Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on September 8, 2015
POSITIVES: The watch design and readability of the dial. The is a much nicer watch then the $65 price tag would make you think. The fit and finish is excellent.

NEUTRAL: Non winding movement. I knew this going in so it was not that big of a deal for me. To wind the watch you have to shake it; you cannot wind it at the crown so if you do not wear it all the time then it will likely be dead when you put it on. The display caseback is nice but he movement is un-decorated and rather ugly so I do not really see the point of it.

NEGATIVE: The bracelet. The bracelet is where Seiko saved there money on this watch. It is ugly and jangles. Do yourself a favor an purchase a nice leather or metal 20mm band to replace the one that comes installed on the watch. I put a black leather NATO strap on it and it looks amazing.

NOTE: I bought this watch a year ago for $65 on Amazon. As of 8/15/16 Amazon now has it listed at $115! For $65 this watch is a steal. At $115 you can find a much better watch.
on August 26, 2014
I wanted a good cheap watch to work in. I am salesman, but when I demo products my watch sometimes gets a beating. I have some very nice expensive watches, but I fear they will get destroyed or broken.
I wanted a GOOD watch, but didn't want to spend an arm and a leg. I have always liked Seiko and I love automatic watches. I hate replacing batteries. This is nice, seems to keep good time and looks nice, although my wife said it looks like an old man's watch. I would have to agree, it does look like my dad's watches.
I guess I didn't read the description as well as I should, my major complaint is the size. It is a little smaller faced than the rest of my watches, but I can get used to it. The other slight complaint is the band, it seems pretty cheap. I really shouldn't complain, I did only spend $60.00 on the watch.
As a whole, it is a very nice watch for the money. It looks good, it is a Seiko and is has a very nice price point.
2 helpful votes
on March 20, 2015
I bought this Seiko since I wanted an automatic watch for everyday wear. I had worn a vintage Omega Seamaster for over ten years and while it still kept perfect time the winding gears had stripped and it was impossible to repair. This Seiko is nearly as accurate, perhaps it loses a minute a month, and certainly a lot cheaper to repair.

The Luminous markings get charged by sunlight and are extremely bright when you first come indoors, but after a few hours they fade to nothing. I had great hopes for the night-time readability of the markings but without the old radioactive paint it is not going to happen.
Enthusiast: Guitaron January 31, 2014
Came in very nice box on a white vinyl/leatherette Seiko pillow with warranty card and booklet. Definitely suitable for gift-giving/presentation. It has the 7s26c movement (which fits in any watch taking the a or b versions in case you want to get an inexpensive donor movement for a beloved dead Seiko dive watch).

The band has the ball on a post lock with side release buttons-a very nice feature!! Lume is good and brighter than my old 0040 diver. The glass back would fit on a 0040 diver but the strap would not, it has a weird in between size that won't fit on a 7n43-8a39 quartz dressy watch either. I own several Seiko watches and they all seem to have differently sized case lugs! The strap had enough links to almost go around my bicep so unless you have very fat wrists you'll be fine.

The crown is non-screw down, but if you canabalize this watch to put this movement into an old 7s26-0040 diver you can reuse the old 0040 stem and it fits into this movement. It also has the usual outer black plastic ring around the movement so it's a direct plop in replacement for many old watches.

If your not buying this watch to just get the movement, you're getting a really, really great deal on a fantastic and handsome watch that straddles diver looks and dress watch slimmness (compared to the beefy Seiko divers of the 1990s / 2000s). Sort of in between, but not really good for water since the crown doesn't screw down. I'm thinking of ordering another one actually!

BTW: I ordered this watch at 7:30pm Thursday and it arrived to Detroit at 5pm Friday!!

Summary: damn fine looking watch with the 3rd (and most current) generation/version of my favorite movement delivered fast and cheap. Probably one of my favorite purchases in a long time!

Also, since it looks like a diver but isn't quite so chunky (but it's definitely not as slim as a dress watch) this would make a great 'boyfriend watch' for a female wrist. Plus this won't break the first day since it's a Seiko.

I have owned this watch for less than a day so I don't know about durability. I believe the b version had a problem with hairsprings getting snagged, but the c fixes that. Hopefully it'll be like the A version: a decade-and-a-half before any service needed and very reliable.
21 helpful votes
22 helpful votes
22 comments|Report abuse
on March 10, 2014
While on a cruise, I saw mechanical watches on sale for more than I wanted to pay. When I returned, I went to Amazon to explore options and found this watch. It's appearance was good and now I happy with the action, accuracy, and appearance. Good buy for good price, value!
2 helpful votes
3 helpful votes
on June 28, 2015
This watch is not what luxury goods, but wins in high cost performance, I love it. Used for some time, the overall work is good, as accuracy is also ok. However, the appearance of the watch is a little traditional, no personality. The service of Amazon is good and things are all very affordable,I will come again to buy.
on July 7, 2015
This is a great value in an automatic watch. It is a nice balance between sporty and dressy, and is a versatile size; not an enormous, blingy dive watch, but not overly small either. The only complaint I have is the really cheap bracelet. It is no surprise at this price point, but is disappointing none the less.
on June 19, 2014
Finish is very nice on the watch. The face is very small and even looks a little small on my small-ish wrist. Straight out of the box the accuracy has been very good and has not been noticeably fast or slow. The band is pretty cheap looking and feeling, but I bought it knowing that I was going to replace it anyway. Overall it's about what I expected for the price.
on September 13, 2015
It's a great watch. I'm sorry to say the same day that I received it, I had to return it. The band was way too small. If you have big wrist don't buy.
on February 8, 2015
I don't know how come I can not set up the date calendar to be English ( Sun Mon Etc. ) Now I am seeing it is Spanish . Is there any one can help ? Thanks. Peter Chu
11 comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.