Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Seiko Men's SNKL19 Automatic Stainless Steel Watch
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now STEM

on December 23, 2013
This is a nice looking watch for dress and office use. It is smaller than some of the current styles of the do everything watches. It also adjusted to my wrist easily by using the clasp adjustment holes. It lost a star because the band is a little sharp on the edges and will have to have the edge smoothed for me.
on September 26, 2014
At this price, it's my everyday watch, yet it looks more expensive than other watches I have paid five times as much for. It keeps perfect time, and there's nothing like an automatic. Guys who like good watches instantly notice the difference. I whole-heartedly endorse this watch at this price. NOTE: This is not a "waterproof" watch. That is to say, don't wear it in the pool. It will be fine dealing with normal perspiration and being exposed to rain, but from experience, I don't recommend wearing it when sweating heavily (i.e., mowing the lawn on a hot day) or in the shower. Treat it right, and you'll enjoy it a long time.
on April 20, 2014
I wear this watch about 3-4 times a week to work and I consider it the perfect office watch. It's dressy and classes up my business casual wardrobe.

I find it very easy to wear, and it's what I consider the perfect size for a dress watch. It's not garishly oversized, but it's big enough for the time to be easily legible. I also love the display caseback.

I think they're may be a few things causing the other reviewers watches to be "off". Firstly, you can't hack this watch which means you can't stop the seconds hand to the time to the exact second. Hacking is not available in most automatics at this price range. So, the time may not be "off" it may have never been set to the exact second.

In regards to this watch losing 5 minutes or more each night, I had that problem as well, until I stopped setting it next to my cellphone. The magnetization from the cellphone messes up the movement. Since I stopped storing my watches away from my cellphone I'm now can wear my watch all week without resetting it.
on January 22, 2014
21 jewel automatic watch for a good price. I have received complements on it at check out lane at the grocery, and has not had any problems so far. movement is not swiss, but appears to be good quality nevertheless. Watch is not too thick or heavy. Day,date function easy to read.

Update, had watch for few months now, consistently runs 43 seconds fast/day, which is disappointing for a watch which is otherwise very nice. I have had complements on the watch from people I meet.
on January 6, 2015
This is a classy looking but sturdy and reliable watch. I've only had it for a few weeks, but it is keeping perfect time. The day and date are more visible than most because they are not recess below the face and in a shadow. The clear back is kind of different and interesting, and given that it always lies protected against the skin, I don't see any down side to its not being stainless steel.

I do wish it was more water resistant than it is, and for that reason only four stars, but otherwise I'm happy with it.
on November 17, 2014
Purchase as a birthday gift for my 70+ year old father. I chose this model because of its classic design and the large date. As compared to other models (Seiko), the date is almost twice as large! He can see it very clearly, and it looks like a mix between a modern and classic men's watch - something men from their 20's all the way up to 90 would love! He could not have been happier with this gift! Very pleased with my purchase.
on June 15, 2016
After almost a year of use, the watch begins to show a few scratches on the glass and body. The only complain I have is the watch runs about five minutes faster after couple of months so make sure you reset the time in that frequency. Otherwise, for the price, it is a handsome watch with decent quality.
on July 8, 2015
I bought this watch as a direct replacement for my beloved Seiko 5, which I bought in the late '80-s for the price of around $100.(at that time) The styling of the watch makes it a nearly identical twin to the old one, but there are some meaningful improvements have been implemented since then. The quality of the bracelet and clasp have been improved by making them heftier and tighter, an interesting display back has been added, and finally the movement have been changed from the 17 jewels 7009, to the present 21 jewels 7S26 movement. There is a detailed and illustrated technical-engineering report about this movement in English, the reader only need to Google for it. The summary of that unbiased, third party assessment is that the designers have replaced some steel parts with plastic ones, (for example the slow moving day-date rings, a spacer and so on), but those were carefully selected, so it won't effect the legendary reliability of the design. There is so much more have been written about this universally admired and respected SEIKO 5 line, that it would fill page after page. I will mention only one thing: A committee of experts who were invited by a Swiss horology journal has declared the Seiko 5 the least expensive high-end watch in the World.
on November 19, 2015
did not work properly. stopped working correctly after a month. Time ran slow. Do not buy this watch. you have been warned. This will stop working in just a few months and you will be screwed like me.
on August 8, 2014
I ordered one and it broke within three weeks, and they replaced it. However the replacement only lasted another week.
And they would do nothing....out $70.00.