Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 49 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 72 reviews
on November 8, 2013
Yes! Unfortunately that's exactly what happend. I owned (and still have) a battery powered Seiko previous to this watch. Seikos keep great time and are extremely reliable and durable. I just got tired of changing the battery every 18 months or so in my old watch. Enter the Kinetic Perpetual watch. No more batteries AND you can leave it sitting around for long periods of time without having to reset everything. I agree with some of the reviews that say a "day of the week" indicator would be better than a "leap year" indicator, and converting from 12 to 24 hour format bacame second nature in the military. However, all things considered this is an excellent watch, especially considering the price. You get a lot of useful functionality and it's a great looking watch too. I received numerous compliments on its appearance. The only drawback is the weight. It's a big, heavy watch. If they could make it lighter it would get five stars. BUT, like I said, I bought a replacement which is something I very rarely do.
on September 8, 2012
I loved the look of this watch, even when viewed in the pale anaemic light of my PC display.

I read the reviews and picked up on the few complaints regarding the black coating on the band
rubbing off - some saying that this happened whilst in delivery! mmm that's some rough carrier,
but discounted this remembering the same comments about the Victorinox Swiss army watch with
it's gunmetal watch band, which I also own. Ordered the watch anyway, vowing
to treat it nicely even if this turned out to be the case - but never had a problem with either
watch.

I had already seen it in the flesh in the local jewelers window, and it was a crowd pleaser,
so could not wait for it to arrive. It did not dissappoint. Soon as I adjusted the band length
to fit, it was with me everywhere. The dials of course are the first thing that make you quizz it's being,
why a leap year indicator, why a month indicator, why represent the time of the day
again on a 24 hour dial that is hardly legible to most eyes over 40? Well they all add up to saying
that this watch is different; and how about a watch that goes to sleep after 24 hours to save the battery? the hands freezing in time!
Well even this feature entertains - it is actually sort of fun to watch it wake up and witness the minute and hour hands wizzing around
the watch face - like you are in H G Well's Time Machine movie, eventually catching up with 'real time with a final second-hand
race to the finish, before settling back to resume the normal pace of life. Quirky? sure it is, but combine this with the excellent aesthetic
appeal, and the always pleasing colour combination - high gloss black with gold - and you have a watch that turns heads,and has a character
of it's own.

Advice: Get it, before it is replaced with something boring.
on November 13, 2013
My watch had likely been sitting quietly in an amazon warehouse for months or years, suddenly in response to my order someone picked it up and put it in a basket. The watch then woke up and set the time, date, month, leap year indicator, and the am pm dial to the correct values so when UPS delivered it to me everything was set correctly. Are you kidding me ? That is unbelievable. What I want in a watch is very accurate time, no batteries, no setting dates every other month, no run down when not in use, a sapphire crystal, and a handsome look. I am not aware of another watch that fits the bill except this one. For what it can do the price is low too. There is a newer model of this watch available for about the same price but when you buy directly from amazon you get the 3 year warranty and I liked the bezel and dial design of this one better. The picture is incorrect as the bezel and inner band links are glossy while the outer band links are satin finish. The band is huge to fit everyone so you will likely have to have it sized. The width and thickness seem fine.
on December 19, 2012
Had this watch for about 1 week so review is based on short term use

Observation: the watch seems bigger than the picture would suggest. however, it is not too big as to be uncomfortable.

Good:
beautiful. the real thing is even more gorgeous than the picture
weight of the watch is just about right (maybe on the heavy side)
time and date on the watch were already set to right date and time when it arrived
relatively easy to adjust the band. i am not very good at adjusting things but even I managed to adjust the band with just a pin.

Bad:
so far nothing. I read on other reviews that the black comes off easily on the band. I have noticed couple of scratches on the band, but when I use the computer the watch rubs against the table... it really does not take away from the beauty of the watch.

highly recommend so far
on August 17, 2013
This is my first Seiko, my first analog watch in over 10 years, and I am more than satisfied with the Coutura. It keeps time extremely well, losing about a second in a little over two months (when compared to my Casio G-Shock radio watch). The perpetual calendar was very high on my "nice to have" list, and it has worked flawlessly. The Kinetic mechanism ensures a battery free existence, and the power-save mode works as advertised. The watch has a nice heft to it, and is solidly built. I read a review on here about the anodized finish scratching easily ... I have not had this issue, and I am on a keyboard all day, so my watch band is constantly rubbing against a desk, etc. Overall, this was a great value, and I have a feeling this watch will be good to go for years to come.
on April 27, 2017
My husband's favorite watch. It's absolutely stunning.
on April 6, 2011
I saw a picture of this watch and was instantly attracted to it. Upon closer inspection, I couldn't help but love it. Having worn it every day for over six months now, I can say that I'm 100% pleased with it. Doesn't lose time, great multiple displays of date and 24-hour AM/PM distinction, scratch resistant, glow-in-the-dark arms and hours, and simply gorgeous look. Very comfortable, too (first watch I've had that doesn't slip and bounce all up and down my wrist all day or else cut off circulation). I've had plenty of compliments on it from men and women alike, noting its beauty and elegance combined with its ability to neatly go with nearly any outfit, professional or casual. Wonderful watch - couldn't be more pleased!
on July 12, 2014
I bougth this a year ago because i heard great things about it, but just a few months after i receve it the date calendar broke and the box of the tens stays between numbers, and it didn't even receve any kind of hit or anything like that. i'm really desapointed of this watch. Looks great though.
review image review image
on November 17, 2010
I haven't had my Sieko SNP 017 long but I can tell it is of high quality and also a great looking watch. I took it to a high end jewler to get the band adjusted. The manager was very impressed with the watch. Since his store sells mostly Rolex and Movado it was quite the compliment. I have set the watch to [...] and have been watching how the watch performs. So far it is keeping better time then the government :)
I would highly recommend this Seiko watch for its beauty and also for its workmanship A+

I was also very impressed with Amazon. I bought the watch from K.G. Company. They shipped it promptly, packaged it perfecly. Very impressive!
on June 13, 2012
Seiko Men's SNP017 Coutura Kinetic Perpetual WatchExcellent timepiece. At first concerned it might have been a copy however after registering it with Seiko for warranty purposes and having a jeweller assess it when I had the wrist band adjusted I am convinced it is an authentic Seiko which so fare has lived fully up to its advertised claims and my own expectations.

A good buy through Amazon saving me hundreds of dollars on buying in a local retailer.