Industrial Deals Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning Paterson Paterson Paterson  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Assassins Shop Now STEMClub17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 23 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 25 reviews
on June 19, 2012
Got this today. It's a set back in time as in the days when watches weren't as extra large as they are today. I was a bit not sure at first due to the smaller size compared to my collection of G shocks and Invictas but this is Seiko's style that has stood the test of time. It's black with shiny metal and the numbers on the bezel do not look like Invicta's cheap material that looks like a sticker foil. This Seiko's is matte and very rich in texture and look. The bezel is solid and tight. The rubber strap looks better than G Shock's of Japan and Thailand and I do admire their quality but this Seiko's is a level richer, softer yet durable feeling. It's a classy-looking and classic quality dive watch.

The crown however, is not the turn/push/lock type so I need to make sure it's pushed down tightly before I plunge in the ocean depth.

Why I chose this model is due to the fact that it's got a see-through back and it's "Made in Japan". I have yet to test its luminiscence tonight.

The package came in a Seiko box with the vendor's (BlueDial) packing slip with a person's initials that the watch was inspected free of scratch or damage before shipped and a photo-copied 1-page manual somewhat giving a short description of what "automatic" means and a couple of warning and how to initialize the watch by winding it for 3 minutes. I wound it for 5 minutes, then adjusted the time first making sure it's past the 12 midnight hour, then the day and date. One warning is, not to remove the "Return Seal" if you're not sure of keeping the watch or it won't be returnable unless you're exchanging it for another piece that's of equal or greater value.

I finally found an automatic watch that will be a family heirloom to be passed down to my son (he's currently 4 years old).

Despite the crown and size, I still give it 5 stars.

Made in Japan (it says so on the face and the back, oh yeah)

Thank you.

SPECIFICATIONS:
1. Vibrations per hour 21,600
2. Operational temperature range -10°C - +60° (14ºF - 140ºF)
3. Driving System Self-winding type
4. Jewels 23 jewels
5. Magnetic resistance 4,800 A/m (60 gauss)
6. Water resistance Water resistant up to 200 meters.
The watch is suitable for scuba diving.

Taken from downloaded manual. Reading more from the manual I found out that it is a "screw down crown". Hmm..
on August 13, 2016
My watch is deadly accurate. That was offset slightly by a bezel that doesn't line up exactly with the chapter ring. I would have exchanged it, but I don't want to give up such an accurate watch. Mine is made in Japan and has Arabic and English day ring. Very beautiful watch that looks much nicer in real life than in any photos. Likely to become my favorite daily wearer. Put it on a NATO immediately after arrival. Great watch, especially for the money.
on March 28, 2014
Let me just say that I Love this watch, I own several other watches and this is my favorite. I have had it for about a month and it holds up to everything I do with it. It feels like a well built watch, I did remove the rubber strap and replace it with a NATO strap but that's personal preference. And it is advertised as a 20mm lug but it is a 22mm, the reason I gave it 4 stars is because it is not a screw down crown, but it hasn't been an issue and I swim with this watch almost daily at the YMCA, I have also received many compliments about how good this watch looks, it also keeps great time for an automatic one +/- 5 seconds a day
on November 17, 2014
The watch is nice and is made in Japan that kind of give you an insurance of quality , while most of them are made in Asia though. The rubber band is hard and not very comfortable as it tends to move around while wearing it. ..that lost one star . Otherwise is a nice sporting watch .
on October 28, 2015
This is my first Seiko purchase, after having been a long-time Swatch owner. The watch has a heft and solidity, but not too much. The 41 mm case diameter is just right on my 7 3/4 inch wrist; not a fan of today's large watches, really. The not too shiny case finish works well with the black face and bezel. The overall look and size I'm very fond of; a worthy purchase.
on December 29, 2015
Great quality for the price. Only downside so far is that it does not glow very long. Surprising shortcoming that could have been easily addressed.
on September 22, 2016
Very good fit and attractive look. Keeps great time with no batteries.
on December 5, 2013
This watch is a gift for my Dad-I was very nervous not knowing how it would come to me or when-I have never been so pleased! This watch is beautiful-or should I use that word with a mans watch-regardless the watch was shipped in record time-perfect, and I am VERY VERY HAPPY!
on April 23, 2014
My everyday Watch! why? because its tough, durable, easy to use and elegant too!
I have a Seiko solar 200M Diver Chronograph but I prefer the Seiko5 diver 100M.
Thank You Amazon and Watchzon! Till next order.

ernesto
on January 16, 2015
My husband loves the watch, but the band is not very comfortable, will probably change the band to a nato (nylon band).