Amazon Vehicles Beauty Trade in your textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning whiteprincess whiteprincess whiteprincess  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 81 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 87 reviews
on June 8, 2013
Lets get out the calipers... this watch is exactly 33.5mm across the face, then add another 3mm for the winding stem (which is tiny - like a dress watch stem should be) and 43.5mm tall from lug to lug, and 9mm thick only at the thickest point - center of crystal to back. It is a excellently balanced size combination. I'm 5'8, 150# standard male, and it is not too big nor too small for my tastes. The crystal is "shaped", that is, it is curved over the face in all directions like a domed crystal. This is a truely great vintage feature that you just don't see anymore - it is very very subtle, not a high dome curve - a well balanced curve. This does two things, it looks great - even if you might not totally notice the subtle dome effect, you get the feeling there is something unique when you look at the watch. Second, when ceiling light reflects off the crystal's surface it is diffused away from your eyeball, enhancing your ability to see the time without reflective glare. I was not certain how I would like the "printed" hour numerals (versus raised hour numbers). The time is also very easy to read because it is a combination of a "round watch" in a "tank watch" style case, so there is no rectangular position distortion. Also there are tiny gold dots at each hour mark that highlite the differentiation between the hours (look closely at the picture) which pick up the ambient light and immediately visually cue the reference hour - a very nice touch. The case is a bright gold (not satin like in the picture) with the same color shade as 14K gold - like vintage gold watches. When I opened the box the numerals looked printed, which I expected - but then, they did not look printed - but they did not look raised either, but they looked really good. Why? With the help of a magnifier I found out - they are in fact "raised printed" (like fancy business cards), but only very very slightly raised but raised enough to actually cast a very slight shadow. I now like that better than high-rise numerals.The matte finish brown alligator belly leather band (actually embossed leather - not real alligator) is classic, classy, and can only be recognized as not-real alligator by up close inspection (like 3" close with the help of a magnifier). The band is stiff when it arrives but can quickly be softened and shaped by rolling it tightly from the watch connect point to the end of the band three times. The band then takes on a natural, soft, curved fit. The band length is 4-3/4" on the long strap and 3-1/8" on the short strap, not including the buckle. The band size is 19mm (like the add says) and 19mm is an "odd size". The band tapers to 18mm at the buckle. Most bands taper down to 2-4mm less than the band size, i.e, usually 19-to-16, not just 19-to-18. At 19-to-18 it is a very manly man band - but not very dressy. I bought a high quality Black Alligator replacment band on Amazon (also simu-alligator) because "dress watch", to me, means black, gold and well tapered. As for its purpose, time keeping, I set it with two other quartz watches and it has not varied by even 1 second over the 7-days I've owned it. So, no disappointments. Very satisfied.
on February 11, 2017
I received this watch yesterday so I will edit accordingly.

But first things first this is an absolutely gorgeous watch. You can see from.the pictures how beautiful it is but not till you get it do you realize how it really looks.

I mostly like round watches.but this is such an odd beautiful shape I had to get it.
Leather band is also beautiful, it's a very classy watch.

OK so far the only problem I have with it is the clip part that holds it on to you, since the leather is really stiff when I was trying to get it off the clasp part came off. It did not break it is supposed to come off so you can put it on a new leather band when you replace it.
I appreciate keeping the parts together but in my opinion it is a design flaw. It also came off trying to put it in my watch box, not I got it back on pretty quickly but still what good is a watch that falls off easily no matter how gorgeous it is.
I am keeping it but I will probably replace the leather band right away, that is why this gets 3 stars
on May 24, 2008
I bought this watch as a birthday gift for my dad, and he really likes it. The style is classic, and works well as a casual/dress watch that is a little bit unique. One of the features he liked were that it had all twelve Roman numerals, which makes it easier to tell the time with a quick glance, especially since his eyesight isn't what it used to be. The watch face is a nice size, larger than some of the small dress watches, but smaller and less bulky than the sports watches. The brown leather band is sturdy without being too thick and bulky, and it has a tortoise shell-type pattern, so it has some style to it. There is a second hand in the round inset, but it doesn't have the date and a lot of the other insets other watches have which clutter up the face and require you to adjust the watch for the correct date at the end of the month. What we liked most about it is the unique shape and the lines on the face. All in all, it's a handsome watch with Seiko quality.
on May 19, 2014
I bought this watch as my dress timepiece when I want to appear dressier than with my sporty/causal Seiko SSC007. This is a beautiful quartz watch, which like the other amazon reviewer, looks like the classic Hamilton watches. Watch color of case is gold with light gold face with brown roman numerals with gold hour markings (small circular dots), brown dials and brown seiko name. Also has a light gold round second hand dial at bottom center of watch surrounded by gold accent. Brown band nice but a bit stiff should loosen with age. Very happy with my purchase as very classic looking with great Seiko brand. My last Seiko I bought in 1993, just stopped working, so 20 years out of a watch is pretty good for their price point.
on December 19, 2013
I couldn't be happier with my purchase of this Seiko watch. I bought it as a birthday gift for my brother and was a bit skeptical until the package arrived. It was beautifully and professionally presented in an authentic Seiko box. It included an information pamphlet as well as the warranty booklet. My brother loved the watch, and that made my day. I compared prices at my local jewelry stores and couldn't believe the savings. This watch sells for three hundred dollars in some stores, so I couldn't be happier. The watch is smart looking without being flashy. It actually reminds me of the craftsmanship seen in the vintage Hamilton watches from the 20's - 40's. It is dressy enough to wear with your best suit and so versatile, that it can be worn with your favorite jeans. The quality is obvious from a distance and under close scrutiny. I wouldn't hesitate to purchase another Seiko watch in the future. A perfect gift for any of the gentlemen on your shopping list.
on October 30, 2014
I love it! I originally saw this on a sale advert for a major department store and it cost substantially more even on sale. Amazon was a huge bargain especially with Amazon Prime and free shipping. It has a retro look from a time when gentlemen still existed (think Bogey & Bacall) yet it translates well into the 21st century. It's beautiful and because it's a Seiko you just know it's going to last. The only thing I might say is to be careful because the leather band is a bit short. I have an average wrist but I have to buckle on the 2nd hole leaving a very short "tail" to tuck in the leather loops. However, I'd buy this again in a heartbeat.
on September 25, 2014
I have had this watch for 18 months and love it. It looks classy and makes me feel classy. I wear it to church and special occasions. I do wish it had a lighted dial so I could see it in the dark.
on August 6, 2013
The watch has a distinguished man-handsome style. It has a great rich looking finish, easy to read, though a bit on the large size. It is easy to set and so far appears to keep accurate time. In contrast, I found the leather band sold with this watch to be awful. The leather looks good but it is both too thick and very stiff making it difficult to put on. It also tends to slip around on the wrist. After two days, I ordered a gold metal expansion band to replace it. (As a reference, I have an average male wrist about 3 inches wide.)

It is hard to understand why Seiko would pair such a disappointing band with this piece. They should at least offer it with a choice of bands.
on January 24, 2015
It is a beautiful watch and I like everything about it. Perfect shape, colour of the dial is gorgeous, thin hands, roman numerals, small dial at 6 that show seconds, leather strap. Everything is so perfect I can't believe I paid only $135. Relatively small (almost the same size as Casio F-91W) compared to modern fashion, but perfect as a dress watch worn with grey suit and brown shoes. PS and it shows time very precisely (in 2 weeks I did not see any deviation). Thank you, Seiko
on March 21, 2017
Nice, stylish and elegant high quality watch. Recommended.