Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 51 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 60 reviews
on March 8, 2017
After a month of ownership I would say it's a great watch ! The watch head is solid as a rock and heavy , the colors on this particular monster are sharp and interesting with black and orange detailing, And gives a hot and summery feeling because of the sunburst affect on the face. The lume is fantastic! It picks up photons from standing by a window on a cloudy day and glows ! When charged up with a bright light for a good minute it will glow very powerfully and will last and fade down for a few hours. It has a nice automatic movement with a sweep seccond hand not super smooth but decent at 6 ticks a seccond. The movement is hackable. It loses about 10-15 seconds a day wich is average. It also has a day and date window that turns starting from about 10 PM and completes around 3:30 am. The bracelet is decent ,not the best but decent , the clasp feels a little thin and is a little rattly and the bracelet itself could be a little heavier. I make use of the divers extension by wearing it over a glove when I'm in a cold climate. It's tricky to size the bracelet. You must bring this to an EXPERIENCED jewler or they will not be able to do it . I brought this to an incompetent jewler who tried to adjust the bracelet and gave up after an hour and a halph then gave me back the watch with the bracelet apart ! I ended up figuring out how to fix it myself but it was a nosenese to have to deal with an incompetent jewler ! Also the bracelet does not come apart once you push the collars over the pins all the way in tightly. People say the bracelet scratches but any watch bracelet scratches it's part of wear I like scratches I think they look like battle scars from experiences . The watch is also comfortable because the crown is a little before the 4 position wich is perfect especially if you do push ups. This also has a nicely clicking bezel for timing, that turns at halph a minute clicks , the bezel does not perfecrly line up at the 12 when clicking to the last click at 12 but maybe im being to picky, Over all I really love the watch and plan on wearing it for water sports because of the excellent ( divers 200 meter water restitant rating ) , going out to and everyday , and banging it around . my wrist is 6.5 inches and fits perfectly , it will be good on a larger wrist to becuase its beefy and tanky and it actually reminds me something thats from a submarine wich is perfect for a diving/water sport watch. I was debating between 4 and 5 stars and decided to go with 4 because the secondary clasp unbuckles by itself with alot of movement which I can't stand. Besides that its lume, look, feel, rotating bezel , automatic movement and day and date display are solid.
on August 17, 2015
Great watch, looks wonderful and easy to wind and set time and date. Took off metal bracelet and put on 20 dollar Hadley Roma black silicon strap with orange stitching for dive trip to Mexico. The wife saw it, and the great Luke, so she took it from me for our night dive!

This is a great watch at a great price for an auto-wind non Quartz for those of us who prefer these type of watches. Looks really cool.

One caution, if you have to adjust bracelet, PAY the ten bucks to a jeweler or watch shop to do it. The little pigs and collars will break. Did on me but I did not care since wanted on a silicon strap anyway.
on April 22, 2014
I've worn a Seiko Diver 7002 since about 1992 with a brief interlude with a Luminox carbon fiber watch. I loved the lume on the Luminox, but the band broke during a canoe trip (Booo!). Seiko's have always been my "go-to" watch due to value and durability. I priced the SRP311 at a local shop and wound up purchasing via Amazon. Delivered price was $189.00 less than the local guy who offered 40% off retail of $595.00. The watch has a really nice heft and is heavier and somewhat "taller" than the 7002. The lume is outstanding from normal ambient lighting to dark. Haven't seen it after several hours of dark yet but suspect it will be very readable based on brightness after several minutes. Love the fact that this watch has a "hackable" movement whereby you can freeze the second hand in order to set a precise time, and also very convenient to be able to wind the stem to get the movement going. Overall, this is a terrific looking watch that feels great on the wrist, and Amazon offers an amazing price. Highly recommend!!!
on January 12, 2014
This is a good solid Seiko Automatic Divers watch. The dial markings are distinctive and glow very well in the dark. The new mechanism is hackable which is an advance.I like the design but do think that black on white is better for the day and date. It seems to keep good time. I replaced the strap as the original is heavy and (if my experience with PVD metal straps is anything to go by) likely to become scrapped and chipped too easily.
on July 4, 2013
I have the first generation orange and black. The orange had the metal band, was beautiful and pretty accurate. The black had the rubber bracelet so was great for diving but was very inaccurate.

This Monster is by far more accurate than either of the first gen ones. I really like all three but will wear this one more for its sleek looks, great running movement and intense luminescence.

The only problem that I have with this one is the band adjustment. Like the first gen stainless band, this one has tiny bushings that can be easily lost when you are pressing out the link pins. This is something that Seiko should stress as it is very difficult to adjust the band length. If you lose the bushing, the pin will fall out and the watch will drop to the floor. In my view, Seiko should redesign their bands without this annoying bushing. I purchased a replacement rubber bracelet and will probably change over to it soon.

In all, I think that this is the best watch that I own in spite of the bracelet flaws.
44 comments| 16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 13, 2015
I just began getting into seiko dive watches...Damm I have been missing something special all these years.
Great watch in function as well ad style...already have recieved several comments on how attractive it is.
As far as performance has a workhorse movement...depth rating down to 200 meters and from what I've tested so far..excellent luminous markings.
I recomended this watch to anyone looking for an attractive and very capable dive watch
on June 10, 2015
I like this watch quite a bit.

Pros: very sturdy and heavy (could be a con in some people's minds)
dial seems pretty bright in the dark
number are easy to read

Cons: watch band is hard to re-size (I took it to a jeweler and they struggled with it a bit but finally succeeded)
as others have pointed out, if you don't keep wearing it the auto wind mechanism stops working and the watch stops pretty quickly
the stem screws into the case (presumably to keep water out) and can be slightly tricky to screw back in (which you have to do frequently if
you don't wear the watch a lot).

A nice watch overall and I'm glad I bought it.
on February 20, 2016
Band is a bit smaller than expected but that was my fault for not reading the description fully. It is a true 20mm band but the actual face could easily manage a 22mm band if it fit but it does not. Aside from that this watch only gets 4 stars at the moment due to the fact the black band on it already has "scratches" on it that I have not tried to buff out yet. They might come right out, but I wouldnt expect a high end diver to make its owner down its toughness that quickly. This is an automatic with a winding feature! You can wind it every 36hrs or so and it keeps perfect time from my experiences.
on August 19, 2017
This is my first Seiko automatic watch. Nice built quality. Solid and heavy. The bracelet has great feel to it. Love it.
on June 8, 2017
Dad really liked this watch, kind of small face, and taking links out is a pain, but good watch overall