Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

on March 10, 2015
I like this watch, but boy is it a whopper. I don't have large arms, but I'm 6'4 and 220 so I don't have small arms either. This watch covers my entire wrist. I was torn between getting this one and the smaller model at half the price, the SNK807. If I had it to do over, I think I would have opted for the smaller one. But, perhaps I'll grow accustomed to this one. It is easy to read and love the way it lights up at night. It was easy to set up and runs great. Band is very durable.
review image
48 helpful votes
49 helpful votes
66 comments|Report abuse
on January 23, 2013
Bought this for a nice entry level automatic sport watch. Good price on Amazon, best I found around on the web. The construction appears solid and so far it is keeping nice time. I haven't calculated it out completely yet, but less than a minute from set time over the first week of wear. The strap is comes with is a bit tough and needs some breaking in, I plan on replacing it with a NATO band in the future. Unlike other reviews around on the web, I found it very easy to set the time and date. Seiko has a good reputation, as does the automatic movement they chose for this watch. Very nice looking in person, I have already received multiple compliments on it.
19 helpful votes
20 helpful votes
on August 14, 2016
Wanted a casual watch for beach vacation that would double as a weekend watch. I have been very pleased with this piece. I have a big wrist, I had to use the last notch on the included strap but was able to easily replace it with a Barton XL NATO strap from Amazon.

All-in-all, this is a great casual automatic watch. I like the sweeping seconds and it appears to keep time in-line with my expectations. It is silly that it can't be wound but is extremely easy to set (as I wear it intermittently). Seems to run out of juice after about 26 hours of idling.

Great watch for the money.
review image
2 helpful votes
3 helpful votes
on August 14, 2017
My first mechanic watch and I like it a lot! It has become one of my weekly pieces I wear. The strip that came with the watch was awful and was quickly replaced with a NATO strip.
Two annoyances: 1) after about 36hrs the watch will stop working and need to be tapped to start up more power. But I knew what I was getting when purchased. 2) time keeping drift forward 1-3mins. Been over 6 months and still works like a charm.
on July 12, 2016
Works great. It is reliable and rugged. I subject it to all sorts of abuse and it has stood up to banging bashing sweating watering washing etc ad infinitum.

My only minor complaint is that it does lose time a bit faster than I had hoped. It must be re-adjusted a minute or two every few weeks. No big deal, but since my last watch was a Seiko Kinetic Titanium that NEVER lost or gained a microsecond, I have been spoiled. That watch,however, cost $500 almost 20 years ago, and this one was only a Franklin.
on January 20, 2017
This is a great daily driver watch. I'm not a watch expect, so I'm certain people can point out lots wrong with this watch. For the price I find it to be excellent. I replaced the strap with a Hadley-Roma 22mm leather band Hadley-Roma Men's MSM881RB-220 22-mm Brown Oil-Tan Leather Watch Strap. It is very accurate and quite quiet.
on June 3, 2017
Very nice watch!
on May 1, 2015
I can't say enough about this watch. For the price I don't know that you could find this type of movement and quality any place else. I have been a lover of watches my whole life and feel I finally found one that works great, is built well and worth every penny. It is also very easy to tell time in the dark with out having to "Charge" the glow first. The only other watches I have that come close to this watch are 4 times the price. Highly recommend this.
on May 8, 2015
Fantastic for the price. Good size even on a 6.5" wrist size. Sort of cheap band; still it's comfortable and works perfectly. The soft loops mean that while typing one has no issues as opposed to the metal loops on a Nato or Zulu style strap. Accuracy (casually monitored...) is about 30 seconds a week. After wearing for a couple days, the watch can go at least a day and a half in the dresser drawer and still be running. Highly recommended.
on January 4, 2015
I love watches! This one is no exception. I have found that wearing for a full day will last another full day without needing to be worn or (rewound). I have noticed that the timekeeping of this watch is excellent as long as you keep it wound. As for me I am tired of replacing batteries and my new watches will either be solar or automatic. I love the look of this watch and yes I would re-buy this watch in an instant. For reference I am reviewing the Seiko 5 SNG11 automatic.