Truck Reviews HPC Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc CMA Fest Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now Start your Baby Registry

on March 10, 2015
I like this watch, but boy is it a whopper. I don't have large arms, but I'm 6'4 and 220 so I don't have small arms either. This watch covers my entire wrist. I was torn between getting this one and the smaller model at half the price, the SNK807. If I had it to do over, I think I would have opted for the smaller one. But, perhaps I'll grow accustomed to this one. It is easy to read and love the way it lights up at night. It was easy to set up and runs great. Band is very durable.
review image
54 people found this helpful
|66 comments|Report abuse
on July 2, 2017
Absolutely love this watch. I own at least four Orient automatics watches, but they are fashionable being more suitable for work. I wanted a casual automatic watch for weekends and outdoor activities. Seiko fits the bill with this one. Its tough and durable with the indestructible canvas band, yet still looks good enough that people ask me where I got the watch. Seiko makes another watch that looks exactly the same (SNK807) but beware. The SNK807 says water resistant to 99 feet, then says "not suitable for swimming". You will pay more for the SNZG11 but its truly waterproof, safe enough for recreational scuba diving. Unlike other more expensive dive watches, this one has a see thru back which lets you see the movement. I love being battery free. Blue color is different in a good way; it stands out without being loud. Looks way cooler than the black version.
3 people found this helpful
on January 23, 2013
Bought this for a nice entry level automatic sport watch. Good price on Amazon, best I found around on the web. The construction appears solid and so far it is keeping nice time. I haven't calculated it out completely yet, but less than a minute from set time over the first week of wear. The strap is comes with is a bit tough and needs some breaking in, I plan on replacing it with a NATO band in the future. Unlike other reviews around on the web, I found it very easy to set the time and date. Seiko has a good reputation, as does the automatic movement they chose for this watch. Very nice looking in person, I have already received multiple compliments on it.
20 people found this helpful
on February 21, 2017
After consideration, I had to return the the watch based on the overwhelming evidence that the watch may not be authentic. I have purchased several Seiko watches in the past and there seems to be too many anomalies to believe that this watch is an authentic piece. The most prevalent evidence was the lack of Seiko branded instructions, warranty, and type of the box that the watch arrived in. One example among several was the inconsistencies in the type on the pillow that the watch was attached around. The "O" in Seiko was spaced incorrectly and seemed to be a zero. Also, small inconsistencies in the watch build itself led me to believe that the watch I received was a replica. Be fair warned about this purchase.
5 people found this helpful
on July 5, 2014
I like automatic watches and wanted an inexpensive, but stylish piece when working in the shop, etc. Great automatic watch for the money! Keeps acurate time. Good quality finish. Luminescent markers are bright and long lasting at night. Date is easy to see on white background during day. The see thru backside is a nice feature. The canvas strap is ok, but I swapped it out for a thick, blue calf leather strap which is more comfortable and upgraded the overall look and feel. The "owners instructions" are a bit skimpy and weren't that clear but it took only 5 minutes to figure out how to set the right date. Wish the watch had a manual winding function as it wont last more than 30-42hrs without wearing it, but I knew that when ordering.
12 people found this helpful
on April 18, 2018
I've had this watch for three years and I'm quite pleased with it. Still looks 'new' and has been completely reliable. It does have a little more weight and size than typical field watches, but I have large wrists and find it comfortable to wear. Some reviewers mentioned a problem with accuracy. This is a mainspring powered watch so it won't be as precise as a quartz watch. However there is a run speed adjustment that can be accessed if necessary, and it's clearly visible through the clear case back. I liked this watch enough that I purchased the same one in "sand" (beige) the following year.
on August 14, 2017
My first mechanic watch and I like it a lot! It has become one of my weekly pieces I wear. The strip that came with the watch was awful and was quickly replaced with a NATO strip.
Two annoyances: 1) after about 36hrs the watch will stop working and need to be tapped to start up more power. But I knew what I was getting when purchased. 2) time keeping drift forward 1-3mins. Been over 6 months and still works like a charm.
2 people found this helpful
on May 1, 2015
I can't say enough about this watch. For the price I don't know that you could find this type of movement and quality any place else. I have been a lover of watches my whole life and feel I finally found one that works great, is built well and worth every penny. It is also very easy to tell time in the dark with out having to "Charge" the glow first. The only other watches I have that come close to this watch are 4 times the price. Highly recommend this.
2 people found this helpful
on February 15, 2017
Unreal value at now $99. I did upgrade the band but if you are looking for a pilot style automatic <$100 with an exhibition back, you won't find a better watch than this one! Accurate to +2/- 2 sec a day power reserve is perhaps 26 to 30 hours. Finish is terrific!
on January 20, 2017
This is a great daily driver watch. I'm not a watch expect, so I'm certain people can point out lots wrong with this watch. For the price I find it to be excellent. I replaced the strap with a Hadley-Roma 22mm leather band Hadley-Roma Men's MSM881RB-220 22-mm Brown Oil-Tan Leather Watch Strap. It is very accurate and quite quiet.