Libros en Español STEM GNO

Showing 1-10 of 55 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 57 reviews
on March 10, 2015
I like this watch, but boy is it a whopper. I don't have large arms, but I'm 6'4 and 220 so I don't have small arms either. This watch covers my entire wrist. I was torn between getting this one and the smaller model at half the price, the SNK807. If I had it to do over, I think I would have opted for the smaller one. But, perhaps I'll grow accustomed to this one. It is easy to read and love the way it lights up at night. It was easy to set up and runs great. Band is very durable.
review image
66 comments| 47 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 11, 2015
Never was a watch guy. The weight of the watch and the metal bands annoyed me to no end and I would just take the watch off and forget it at my desk for days collecting dust. Then I saw watches with nylon bands which suited even an adult. Weary about wearing a watch, I did my research and the size, brand, movement and price of this watch hooked me. Got this Seiko Sport and have been loving it. No longer do I have to pull out a phone. The glow in the dark coating is vibrant. It definitely impressed my 4 year old the fist few night I wore it to the bed, and truth be told, I was too. The glow in the dark feature yes, but also it was so comfortable that I forgot I was wearing it. It's that good.
on July 5, 2014
I like automatic watches and wanted an inexpensive, but stylish piece when working in the shop, etc. Great automatic watch for the money! Keeps acurate time. Good quality finish. Luminescent markers are bright and long lasting at night. Date is easy to see on white background during day. The see thru backside is a nice feature. The canvas strap is ok, but I swapped it out for a thick, blue calf leather strap which is more comfortable and upgraded the overall look and feel. The "owners instructions" are a bit skimpy and weren't that clear but it took only 5 minutes to figure out how to set the right date. Wish the watch had a manual winding function as it wont last more than 30-42hrs without wearing it, but I knew that when ordering.
on January 23, 2013
Bought this for a nice entry level automatic sport watch. Good price on Amazon, best I found around on the web. The construction appears solid and so far it is keeping nice time. I haven't calculated it out completely yet, but less than a minute from set time over the first week of wear. The strap is comes with is a bit tough and needs some breaking in, I plan on replacing it with a NATO band in the future. Unlike other reviews around on the web, I found it very easy to set the time and date. Seiko has a good reputation, as does the automatic movement they chose for this watch. Very nice looking in person, I have already received multiple compliments on it.
on July 2, 2017
Absolutely love this watch. I own at least four Orient automatics watches, but they are fashionable being more suitable for work. I wanted a casual automatic watch for weekends and outdoor activities. Seiko fits the bill with this one. Its tough and durable with the indestructible canvas band, yet still looks good enough that people ask me where I got the watch. Seiko makes another watch that looks exactly the same (SNK807) but beware. The SNK807 says water resistant to 99 feet, then says "not suitable for swimming". You will pay more for the SNZG11 but its truly waterproof, safe enough for recreational scuba diving. Unlike other more expensive dive watches, this one has a see thru back which lets you see the movement. I love being battery free. Blue color is different in a good way; it stands out without being loud. Looks way cooler than the black version.
on March 1, 2016
Just great , everything is great !
on August 14, 2016
Wanted a casual watch for beach vacation that would double as a weekend watch. I have been very pleased with this piece. I have a big wrist, I had to use the last notch on the included strap but was able to easily replace it with a Barton XL NATO strap from Amazon.

All-in-all, this is a great casual automatic watch. I like the sweeping seconds and it appears to keep time in-line with my expectations. It is silly that it can't be wound but is extremely easy to set (as I wear it intermittently). Seems to run out of juice after about 26 hours of idling.

Great watch for the money.
review image
on March 12, 2015
I really like this watch. I replaced the nylon band with an oil tanned leather band, which I highly recommend - look for my other review. The mechanicals of this watch are a little unrefined. I can really feel the spring winding, especially when I'm intentionally winding it in my hand after it's gone dead. Much less so when I'm wearing it. Handsome watch.
on March 15, 2016
This watch is more than I expected. I needed a watch that I could wear around, get dirty and not worry about it. This is my new everyday watch. I love the big face and the see through backing. It is kinetic so no battery is required. Just move!! The only reason I didn't give this a five star rating was the canvas band. Swap it out with a nato band ASAP!!
on July 12, 2016
Works great. It is reliable and rugged. I subject it to all sorts of abuse and it has stood up to banging bashing sweating watering washing etc ad infinitum.

My only minor complaint is that it does lose time a bit faster than I had hoped. It must be re-adjusted a minute or two every few weeks. No big deal, but since my last watch was a Seiko Kinetic Titanium that NEVER lost or gained a microsecond, I have been spoiled. That watch,however, cost $500 almost 20 years ago, and this one was only a Franklin.