Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Thor: Ragnarok available to buy Thor: Ragnarok available to buy Thor: Ragnarok available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18SW_gno

on October 5, 2015
This watch is a blend of elegant design philosophy (no batteries. Well, no chemical batteries because the mainspring is technically a mechanical battery), timeless outdoorsman aesthetics, and economics. I bought this watch for a specific purpose and wanted instant confirmation of military time without having to "add 12". Is it the finest made, most beautiful, or most durable? Probably not, but there's not a lot of reputable automatics out there for $100, especially one reminiscent of the Hamilton Khaki.

Some non-obvious thing buyers may wish to note:
- There are various pictures of this watch. On the one I received, the ring around the face is distinctly more greenish than the "cream" color in the center of the face.
- It makes a bit of noise as the weight turns.
- You can stop the second hand, but it's not the easiest thing to simultaneously set the second and minute hand. I usually set mine to the minute, so I can't tell you if it looses or gains a bit. Videos on Youtube show how to get the accuracy down a few sec/day.
- The back is stunning. Automatics are complex and amazing machines (they were invented in 1923 AFTER the invention of internal combustion engines, airplanes, radios, etc.)
- The crystal is perfectly flat and give it an old-fashioned look that I really like.

I think this is a great budget automatic. I deduct a star for the band (canvas, meh) and a few small things such as the second hand setting difficulty, but overall, I love it.

10 MONTHS ADDTION
I've been wearing this watch every day for close to a year now. Here are some long-term thoughts:

- The band is still a minus- it's definitely getting worn and stained. Time for a new one.
- The crystal is remarkably resilient. I've accidentally bumped it many times and the only surface that has left even the slightest (and it's very slight!) mark on the crystal is a brick wall (and when I forgot and put it in my pocket when I had sand in my pocket at the beach :/ ) But in camparison to "designer brand" watches I've had, this thing is essentially scratchproof.
- The waterproof rating is no joke. I've gone snorkeling in salt water, showered, and ridden motorcycles in rain storms with this thing on. Not a drop inside. I do make sure to rinse it well in fresh water after having it in the ocean, to avoid possible corrosion.

Still love it
review imagereview imagereview image
on January 28, 2018
Great watch love the Seiko 5 I think this will be better than the original. I'm a little active and having some water resistance is a nice peace of mind.
on April 21, 2016
Nice size, not too big or too small. Keeps good time. Like that you don't need batteries. Great casual watch
review image
on October 25, 2016
This watch has seen almost daily use for the last few months. It keeps time accurately and looks great.
on July 21, 2016
Amazing masculine/gorgeous Seiko Birthday Gift! Love it...thank u!
on January 23, 2013
I had this watch and returned it. First, the accuracy was horrible, even for an automatic. It was off my minutes every day...that is the days it did not stop working...Yes, I know an automatic must be worn or it will stop. But the one I had would shut down after less than 6-8 hours off my wrist. So if I went to sleep without the watch it was stopped (and needed to be reset) when I awoke.

That being said, it was a very attractive watch and I was disappointed it did not work out. I did buy the smaller and less expensive version (almost identical in looks) made by seiko and that one is my favorite watch now and I no longer bother with the TAG or the Tissot. I wish they made this watch in a battery operated version which would give it all the positives and no negatives.

UPDATE: A year went by and I still wanted this watch, so I bought it again from a different seller. I do suspect last time that the item was previously returned/used since it did not have any instructional paperwork, as this one did, but regardless it sucked as far as functionality. The seller was not amazon (Jomoshop) and I had to actually do a reverse charge with the credit card to get the return properly resolved. So far this one, the exact same model, is great. It seems to keep great time (for an automatic, less than 30 sec a day off so far ) and keeps running when I have had it off my wrist for as long as 10 hours.and I have not tested it yet at 12 hours. I wish that this was the watch I had received the first time.
66 comments| 25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on February 11, 2018
Great legibility, bomb-proof, comfortable size.
Great price - can't go wrong for a casual or field watch.
Love it.
on April 1, 2013
Had the watch 4 days now. Perfect out of the shipping box. Very easy to set day and date. Band is stiff, but seems of high quality and hopefully will have longevity. Product is just as described and, like many others watch buyers on Amazon have noted, looks better in person than in the pictures. One key difference is the difference in color of the watch face (ivory) and the internal "bezel" I guess you would call it containing the hour and minute markers, which is tan. The color combo looks well together, but is hard to discern from the pic on Amazon. Very pleased so far. Great value based in purchase price from Amazon. Would purchase again.
on September 14, 2016
The first one that I ordered stopped working. The second one slows after about 3 hours. Ordered a Vostock watch as a recreational watch that I didn't mind losing. It keeps great time. So much for Seiko.
on January 24, 2016
Great looking watch.. Great size..I bought the cheaper version that was smaller and it was too small..this is a quality timepiece substantial but not heavy on your wrist...some people have said it runs fast or slow..this one keeps very near perfect time..