Industrial Deals HPC Rebound Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon howardsend howardsend howardsend  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SWMTVT18_gno

on July 15, 2015
This is my second Seiko watch. Recently I purchased a blue SNK model. The SNZ is a large watch. It's definitely larger than the SNK. Just as the SNK, the SNZ is a nicely finished watch with some heft to it. It functions just fine, assuming a potential customer is familiar with mechanical watches.
This being a "K" model i noticed the movement rotor does not say "Malaysia", instead is has "Seiko" on a few pieces. Japanese or Malaysian, these are still nice watches at a good price. Though I haven't worn this one yet, I'm thinking i'll prefer the size/weight of the SNK (I'm 6ft 200lbs). I'll still keep this for the variety. Some advice for those not familiar with automatic watches: Right out of the box I swung the watch in an arc and counted to
60, not fast. This gave the spring a good wind. When I put the watches down for the day i'll give them the same swing in an arc and count to about 20 or 30. This should guarantee them to stay running. If you don't wear it, plan on winding it in this motion once or twice a day. If you don't, you can expect any automatic to stop in a day or two (or maybe three). If you like auto's, give the Seiko 5's a try. Can't beat them for the price. Also, unless you buy direct from Amazon, don't expect to receive an owners manual, registration card, or warranty card. Read on the listing who provides the warranty; Seiko or someone else? This watch only came with the blue Seiko box. My SNK from Amazon direct came in the box with the factory documents. FYI
on October 5, 2015
This watch is a blend of elegant design philosophy (no batteries. Well, no chemical batteries because the mainspring is technically a mechanical battery), timeless outdoorsman aesthetics, and economics. I bought this watch for a specific purpose and wanted instant confirmation of military time without having to "add 12". Is it the finest made, most beautiful, or most durable? Probably not, but there's not a lot of reputable automatics out there for $100, especially one reminiscent of the Hamilton Khaki.

Some non-obvious thing buyers may wish to note:
- There are various pictures of this watch. On the one I received, the ring around the face is distinctly more greenish than the "cream" color in the center of the face.
- It makes a bit of noise as the weight turns.
- You can stop the second hand, but it's not the easiest thing to simultaneously set the second and minute hand. I usually set mine to the minute, so I can't tell you if it looses or gains a bit. Videos on Youtube show how to get the accuracy down a few sec/day.
- The back is stunning. Automatics are complex and amazing machines (they were invented in 1923 AFTER the invention of internal combustion engines, airplanes, radios, etc.)
- The crystal is perfectly flat and give it an old-fashioned look that I really like.

I think this is a great budget automatic. I deduct a star for the band (canvas, meh) and a few small things such as the second hand setting difficulty, but overall, I love it.

10 MONTHS ADDTION
I've been wearing this watch every day for close to a year now. Here are some long-term thoughts:

- The band is still a minus- it's definitely getting worn and stained. Time for a new one.
- The crystal is remarkably resilient. I've accidentally bumped it many times and the only surface that has left even the slightest (and it's very slight!) mark on the crystal is a brick wall (and when I forgot and put it in my pocket when I had sand in my pocket at the beach :/ ) But in camparison to "designer brand" watches I've had, this thing is essentially scratchproof.
- The waterproof rating is no joke. I've gone snorkeling in salt water, showered, and ridden motorcycles in rain storms with this thing on. Not a drop inside. I do make sure to rinse it well in fresh water after having it in the ocean, to avoid possible corrosion.

Still love it
review imagereview imagereview image
on July 24, 2016
Love this watch!! Wonderful accuracy, I almost never re-set the time (at most once a month). I use it every day during the summer months. It has held up perfectly, no scratches on the face and super easy to read. I'm in my 60s and ease of reading a watch has become a bigger issue. This watch has a clear and easy to read design and is worth every penny I paid for it. A real bargain for the price, and a watch that last for years. If you are thinking about getting one I have no reservations about recommending it.
on March 25, 2018
PROS:
Nice size
Excellent build quality
Keeps perfect time
Rugged strap

CONS:
Not the best lume, and especially hard to see at night with this color face.

OVERALL:
High quality timepiece that looks even better than the images. Just keep in mind that it doesn't have the best lume, and the lack of contrast between the lume and this color face makes it impossible to see at night after a couple of hours.
on April 22, 2017
I like everything about this watch except it randomly stops running, and loses up to 15 minutes in 24 hours. Sending it in for repair. I hope asurion warranty works out. UPDATE: watch still not working and came back with chip in the crystal. Asurion repair service slow, not sure if they even tried to repair original problem. Get a watch that has the Seiko warranty. not impressed with Amazon's alliance with Asurion. They sent it back with a note stating that the watch needs to be worn to keep running, I am not stupid I have had automatic self winding Seikos for decades. It makes me angry I have to wait another month to get it looked at again. Will continue to update. Asurion get your act together.
on June 7, 2017
This watch is really swell. So far I've taken it snorkeling and works great. I call it my smart watch. However, it doesn't seem to know when the month is 30 days, so you have to manually move it back a day occasionally but a small concern to be sure.
on January 28, 2018
Great watch love the Seiko 5 I think this will be better than the original. I'm a little active and having some water resistance is a nice peace of mind.
on April 21, 2016
Nice size, not too big or too small. Keeps good time. Like that you don't need batteries. Great casual watch
review image
on February 6, 2017
I also have this watch in Blue. That one is a year older and both look good-as-new. Very durable, comfortable and reliable. Most brilliant and persistent glow-in-the-dark hands and markers ever. Some reviewers have complained about accuracy. As a mainspring powered mechanical watch, it has a run speed adjustment that's clearly visible through the clear case back. A spacer wreck can open the case and adjustments are easy from there.Water resistance is as advertised. I've worn it swimming and snorkeling several times. Cleans up easily.
on March 24, 2018
If you want to have a quality mechanical watch that you will actually want to wear, looks great and is accurate to boot, Check this out! I didn't know much about the self winders and, although my first adult watch was a Seiko quartz I got in the '70's, I was very interested to learn about their heritage in the watch industry and I will keep my eyes open for their series 5 timepieces!