Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB DG Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Gifts for Dad Book House Cleaning twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 28 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 32 reviews
on April 6, 2013
I'm very fussy with watches, and I love this one. My wrist is larger than most, apparently, so the standard watch bands sold with the typical watch almost never fit me. This one fits very nicely, but there are plenty of holes left on the band for normal sized wrists.

I was a bit worried about being able to verify that the watch was a genuine Seiko, but it arrived in an official Seiko box with instruction manuals and all the little things you expect with a name brand. Amazon gets the credit here for being vigilant in which companies it does business with, since there are certainly imitation watches being sold out there in the world.

The watch has a large, very attractive face, but it's not jumbo sized like the expensive Swiss Army watch it's replacing. And it's very lightweight. The band is attractive with its red accent, and the watch's control knobs are well designed so they don't poke your wrist.

The price on Amazon was about $150 less than the M***y's department store price and $80 or so less than other Web site stores.
on August 20, 2013
God I love this watch. It's my first 'nice' watch. Now, it's no Omega or Breitling, but Seiko have a remarkable attention to detail. The polished lip on the chronograph dials is a nice touch, and the contrast between the white/yellow hands and the matte black face makes for a very easy-to-read timepiece. The second hand uses a punctuated motion, which is nice, especially since the hand lines up perfectly on the markings. The 1/5 second increments on the chronograph do, as well, which leaves no ambiguity about the time that was recorded. Also, the glow from the hands and hour markings at night is impeccable. I have never been unable to read this watch, in any lighting, period. The screw-down crown's threads are smooth and silky, which I was pleasantly surprised by. For anyone that is unfamiliar with this type of crown, if you cross-thread it, you've ruined the watch's water resistance. You should always push it in, turn it to the left until you feel it "click" down over the threads, then tighten it. The threads leave no doubt that you've done this on this watch.

It wears very comfortably, and the rubber band doesn't slip on the wrist easily. All in all, I am highly impressed.
on October 8, 2013
When I first placed it on my wrist, I thought....oh my, what a big face you have. After a few hours I realized that that big face permitted me to be able to read the time without my reading glasses. I could also read the face in very subdued lighting. I have never had a watch with a chronograph as I just considered that to be clutter. I probably won't use that feature very often, but I have to admit that I like the look. This is a fine looking watch and I like the red and black strap. The Barcelona FC crest adds just the right amount of color to the face. I had to wear my dress watch last night and I could not wait to get the Sportura back on my wrist. For me, this watch is just perfect and I would highly recommend it to anybody. The only shortcoming I can find (and it is minor) is the small date window. I do have to put on my glasses to read the date, but this certainly would not deter me from buying this watch again. Overall, a real five star winner.
on May 12, 2013
I bought this for my boyfriend and he has not taken it off since. Great quality! The Seiko package was awesome I could see his eyes light up as soon as he saw the fcb pictures.
on November 5, 2014
Exceptional quality; keeps very accurate time. Yet the dazzling contrast is what makes it so difficult for me to take my eyes off it. This Sportura watch is just as important a collector as my Rolex Explorer 2, or my Omega Seamaster. All considered, I don't see how anyone can go wrong with this chronograph, alarm, wristwatch.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 4, 2013
I own far too many watches; this is one of my favorites. Good large size without going overboard and very handsome. Excellent luminosity at night. I am not even a football fan but like the little FCB logo on the face which is visible but not overwhelming and very pretty. Excellent watch and amazon's price is the best on the Internet!
on May 28, 2014
Very well done. I think it will be a little crowded with the barcelona seal but it was not.
Tje strap is beatiful perhaps a little longer for a normal size.
The alarm works well
on March 29, 2013
Watch very good, even better to have the symbol of Barcelona. Very well detailed with its case in a nice size! Watch collector! Very cute! Unico against your bracelet and not be rude!
on December 31, 2013
I bought this watch focusing more on the actual time piece. The band width is to small and the material does not appear to be of acceptable quality. The actual bevel and face of the watch is very nice. I was not satisfied so I returned it.
on February 24, 2015
"Woow it was a great work and carefully packing from the seller. Also the watch exactly same what I want .it was good looking and hi quality"