Seiko Velatura Kinetic Direct Drive SRH006P1
- Kinetic Direct Drive-The next generation of Kinetic Technology
- Hand Winding and Automatic Capabilities
- Direct Drive Indicator- Indicates Power Generation and Accumulated Power
- Retrograde Day Indicator, Sapphire Crystal, Screw Down Caseback
- Solid Stainless Steel Case with Black Rubber Strap, Water Resistant - 100M
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and different information than what is shown on our website. We recommend that you do not rely solely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. Please see our full disclaimer below.
Top Customer Reviews
This is a Kinetic watch which means it collects energy from the motion of your arm throughout the day and stores it. On a full charge, this watch will run approximately 1 month without movement. This Velatura also features "Direct Drive" which means that you can hand wind the crown to build up a bit of a charge. While this feature is cool, it's a little more gimmicky than practical. Picking it up and giving it a few shakes side to side is enough to build up enough charge to get things rolling. Trying to hand wind this to any sort of power reserve is going to take FOREVER making it extremely impractical.
The face is well organized, the gentle arc on the far left of the face is your power reserve meter. At the top, the "M" represents a Months charge, in decending order you have "W" for Week, "D" for Day, and then 12 & 0 for hours left on the charge. At the bottom of the face, in the 6 o'clock position is the date. On the lower right side between the 3-5 position is the Day of the week display. This makes for a beautiful design that is also extremely functional to read in my opinion.
The face is black vertical lines that add an element of depth to the face with rose gold accents on the hands, power reserve dial, and day of the week dials. Each of the primary hand positions (5,10,15, 20 etc) are luminescent circles with a ring of rose gold accent.Read more ›
* It's a big watch and it works very well in dark with big luminesence dials.
* After a week the kinetic function was fully loaded with a month worth of stored energy.
* The back of the bezel has a carved "ditch" which allows air to flow between watch and the skin. I've worn the watch for long periods without feeling uncomfort.
*The rubber band is also comfortable but I would prefer a different lock, specially when swimming.
* I haven't used it swimming yet so I can't review the water resistant.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Great watch. I also have the white leather band version. I wish the black version had two band loops like the white version. It hangs out a little. Nothing major, just being picky.Published on May 10, 2014 by Aaron Rosler
What an awesomely Handsome watch!!! Caught my eye, turned hy head.........and then ai saw the very unclassy rubber band, for a band!!! Read morePublished on April 24, 2014 by Olddog1
overall I love this watch . The power indicator is useless. the old kinetic indicator would be fine.
In its place a larger day indicator. Read more
This watch is even more stunning than what I thought. I am happy with Amazon, the distribution and the product. I would recommend to a friend.Published on June 2, 2013 by Pen Name
The retailer, JustCalculators, was efficient and timely. In fact rather impressive, considering they shipped to Australia. Read morePublished on June 17, 2011 by SS Saffari