Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One ft Nina Nesbitt PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 110 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 117 reviews
on September 11, 2013
Charges quickly (just a few hours under a fluorescent light one night and a few hours in the morning sun the next day). Links were easily removed by a jeweler while I waited; it took five minutes and cost $10. The face is large enough to be easily read, but not too big for my very thin wrist. It has a good hefty feel, but remains in place on my arm. The date is easily readable (I'm 72 years old and wear glasses). Several small design extras give this watch a classy look: the bi-colored metals, the subtle cross-hatch design within the face, the small "knobs" on the rim of the face (to indicate hour two, four, six, eight, ten, and twelve). I couldn't be more pleased. (Oh, and of course it keeps impeccable time and it's easy to set the date/time.)
on February 4, 2013
My last Seiko was on my arm for 22 years so there was no question about the brand. I looked at numerous Seiko watches and am so pleased with this model. It is neither too small to read nor overpowering on my wrist. The two tone design allows me to switch from gold to silver jewelry easily without feeling that my watch is mismatched. I was not interested in diamonds for an everyday watch. This is great!
on January 31, 2013
This watch is the exact model that my wife wanted for Christmas after having seen it in a department store. The sales price on Amazon's web site was about half of MSRP and about a third less than the local retail price. Now that she has it, my wife realizes that the gold numerals on a white face can make it a little difficult to read at some angles, but she still loves the watch.
on April 25, 2015
I purchased this watch because it looked elegant and not flashy and also because the watch face seemed like it would be the right size. My wrist is about 5 inches, so a big, trendy watch face would've looked ridiculous on me. I removed six links in the band to make it fit (I watched a couple YouTube tutorials and just used a thumbtack and a ball peen hammer, but you can buy a kit online). The face is the perfect size on me. I wouldn't say it looks the way the large watch faces look on 'normal' sized wrists. It's still a little smaller than that, but I like that it attracts less attention. There's nothing really sparkly or flashy about it, but it definitely looks nice.

I like the two-tone metal even though I wear silver jewelry; I find that because it is still larger than a bracelet, the gold helps it to be a little warmer, which is good if you don't think you look good in pure silver. When I was purchasing this, I noticed a review that said the silver metal was not as shiny as the gold, which made it look tarnished. I don't think this is the case at all. There is some contrast with the sheen of the gold, but it isn't obvious and it's clearly intentional, so I don't think it cheapens the look at all. I also really like that I can quickly check the date, and I love the checked design of the face (which I assume is just the solar panels, but it looks nice).

As far as the solar power goes, I haven't had any trouble with it. At first, I thought it didn't work, but it turned out that I hadn't pushed in the knob on the side. I've had another solar powered watch in the past, and I didn't have any trouble with that either. The numbers on this watch face are easy to read. The date might be tough for some to see, but I think if you're really looking at it to check the date, it's fine. It just isn't something you can see with a quick glance.

Overall, I'm really glad I bought this watch. It looks nice, and to me it can be worn casually but is still nice enough to dress up. I love the design and the understated attractiveness. Because the battery doesn't need to be replaced, I'm hoping this watch will last me many, many years.
on August 31, 2013
I have a very active life...but still like to wear pretty things.
I often need to check the second hand...but need a watch face that I can see without my glasses.
I'm in and out of the water, walk in the rain, ride my bike dripping in sweat....never have to worry with this solar watch that is sealed tight as a drum.
I am very pleased with my purchase.
on February 19, 2013
Beautiful watch, Wife loved it, No batteries to change. But you have to manually reset the day for each month that doesn't have 31 days. Bummer!
on August 14, 2014
I needed to replace my old Citizen Quartz watch. While it still worked fine, the band was starting to deteriorate considerably and was no longer comfortable to wear. I really wanted to get away from having to replace batteries and decided to go with a watch that had a rechargeable battery. I did some research and decided it came down to a Citizen Eco Drive or the Seiko Solar. While I always loved the reliability of my Citizen, I decided to go with this Seiko.

I have really loved my new Seiko. Keeps perfect time and I have not experienced any issues with the internal battery not charging properly. Great deal through Amazon! It is very stylish and is also very lightweight for a watch with a slightly larger dial. Many women's watches have small dials and slim bands - this is a nice size without being too bulky. I also really love the clasp on this. Much easier to take on and off than the typical jewelry clasp on my old Citizen. Very attractive dial and I enjoy having the clear second markings on the edge of the dial.

My only disappointment is that the silver portion of the band and dial is a brushed stainless steel while the gold portion is shiny and reflective. It sometimes gives the appearance of slightly tarnished metal in certain lights. I would have preferred both surfaces to be shiny. This is kind of hard to see in the picture. Should be stated more clearly in the description.

In all, I am happy to once again have a nice looking and efficient watch that is comfortable to wear.
on January 17, 2013
I was concerned about reviews saying it didn't charge but after looking at all the alternatives we decided to give this a try. It has worked great from day one - stays charged with no problems at all. And it looks beautiful. It was easy to change the links. My wife is very pleased.
on January 16, 2016
I love this watch except for one thing. The description said it had a light, which it does not. However Amazon, did correct things, and I decided to keep the watch since there was nothing else to replace it. It is a really nice watch. It's a Seiko, what can you say? I expect great things from this watch. I have had Seiko's in the past and had fantastic experiences with them.
on January 23, 2015
THis is a really nice everyday watch that also can be dressy. I like that the face is larger than my other watches since as I get older it is hard to tell time on a smaller faced watch! I have small hands and small wrists, but this does not look bulky at all. I had to have 3 -4 links taken out of the band at a jewelry store. It was free for me since I know he jeweler, but it might add $15 to the final cost to your purchase. Works fine so far after a week...it was running when I received it.