Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Seiko Women's SUT038 Two-Tone Stainless Steel Solar Watch
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now

on January 16, 2013
Solar powered, this Seiko watch frees me from the hassle of buying and replacing batteries. Years ago (about 20) I bought my husband a Seiko solar watch, which, until last year, needed no maintenance, and then just a small part replacement.
In the meantime, I went through "umpteen" name brand watches and batteries. I bought medium priced, nice, similar looking watches, only to have them go "kaputt" - just stop working after less than a year or two. I became jealous of the reliability of my husband's Seiko solar watch, so I bought this one.
This Seiko Women's SUT038 dress watch looks great, is very water resistant, and charged exactly as described in the manual. While I won't wear it on backpacking adventures, it is my beautiful everyday watch.
I love being outside, and so does my Seiko solar powered watch.
on May 27, 2014
Purchased this watch because I have another Seiko that is a VERY GOOD watch, I have been having over 10 yrs. I wear that one doing yard work also, the gold has worn off a bit, so I decided to purchase this one to wear to work. Received this beautiful watch in 8 days, 04/09/2014. Battery was charged so it was keeping time, but the date was not correct. I charged it in sunlight and wore it a few days, in office light and sunlight. It kept time perfectly, but I never noticed if the date changed. I brought it to a jeweler to remove a couple of links because it was too loose. Picked it up a few days later, time was correct but the date was off, I figured it was because it was in a safe for a few days, out of light. I have been wearing it 5 days a week, week ends I use my other Seiko (just had the battery changed in that one). The date never changes, but the time is accurate. I didn't want to contact Amazon about it because I spent $11 to have the links removed, and the date is not that big of a deal for me. I just change it every day I wear it. It is a beautiful watch. If you decide to buy it, make sure you pay attention to the date changing if you want this feature. Amazon is very good about refunds and replacements if you contact them within a month.
on March 7, 2014
It was exactly what I was looking for. I can see it without glasses and looking forward to not having to change batteries. It actually was $75 less than at a local store that had it on sale. It really was half-price.
on October 2, 2014
Very nice looking watch. I have it for a week now. Very accurate. It is heavy which I like because looks like a 5000 dollars Swiss watch ...very happy with it. It came fully charged. I took 3 links off.
on March 19, 2014
Just the right size face and I love the two-tone link band. Had to have a couple of links removed to fit my wrist, but it's very comfortable and looks great.
on August 25, 2013
Having decided the constant need to purchase watch batteries just didn't make sense anymore, chose to go with this solar watch. Love the look and quality of this Seiko. Goes well with everything.
on August 19, 2016
Easy to put on & take off; easy to set date & time (have had watches that required an X-Acto knife to do both!) Dial is plain, straightforward, clean looking. To charge it initially, I simply left it on a windowsill all day; that evening it worked perfectly. Directions are short & simple, so getting everything started was easy, too. Besides, the watch has a quiet, classy look.
on August 2, 2015
I love the watch. I had been looking at them for some time. A very good friend of mine has a Seiko solar watch, for a very long time now and loves it. He has multiple sclerosis and has a lot of trouble getting a watch on and off, so he got a Seiko water resistant watch, solar. He never has to take it off, even in the shower he leaves it on. He kept bugging me about getting one. So I started looking for one on the internet. There are so many different kinds, it took me a month to finally find the one I wanted. I wanted to wear it to work, still I had trouble choosing one. I love the one I did finally choose. The band is soft on my arm and it is a beautiful watch. No more batteries going dead in the middle of a work day. I work in a casino and there are no clocks. I have had many people say how nice it is, customers and co-workers. Thank-you Seiko and Amazon.
on April 13, 2015
Mom's present. Looks great. Works great. Mom loves it. HOWEVER, it's only been about 4 mouths since she received, it is now broken, won't work at all. Earlier today at least the second hand was moving, not in a timely manner but it was moving. Now nothing works... Will be contacting seller soon.
on February 17, 2015
I bought this watch for V-Day for my wife. When I opened the box I was struck by how beautiful it is in person. We've only had it for a few days so I can't comment on durability or precision but I was so impressed by it I searched on Amazon for a similar one for myself. I found the SPN066, a kinetic model that I haven't taken off since I got it 5 days ago. So, my purchase for my wife resulted in another sale for Amazon.