Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Seirus Innovation 2885 Ultra Clava - Complete Coverage in Winter Cold Weather - Head, Face & Neck Protection
Amazon Vehicles Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Shop Now

on January 31, 2011
this thing is great. i live in central illinois and the weather is crazy here. the day i initially bought this i used it for 5 hours outside on an atv at high speeds with constant snow falling (3 inches cumulatively) and temps in the lower 20's. my face was dry as a bone and my glasses fit perfectly with this on. i went inside and took it off and my dad picked it up and put it on. needless to say that was the last time i got to wear it. so i jumped online and ordered another, because i initially bought the last one at gander mountain. i ordered it and it arrived 2 days early. just in time for the 2" of ice we got today and the 13"-20" of snow we are expected to get over the next 48 hours. when i visit with my dad we use these for year round shooting of sporting clays, trap and skeet. they work very well in all of the conditions i've used them in so far.
it's fleece lined so it keeps my face and ears very warm. the outside is neoprene and has withstood sleet, snow and cold rain with no issues for me. the only improvement i would recommend to the manufacturer is to make the neck piece longer. it tucks nicely into my fleece zip-up's collar and stays in my coat. but from time to time the back of the neck portion does come up when i'm moving my head around a lot. it's not a fatal flaw by any means but something to consider if you are doing something that requires 2 hands at all times.
on February 4, 2016
I bike around NYC daily and use this whenever the weather gets cold or starts raining. I have tried a bunch of other headgear and this one has worked better than all the previous ones.
Pro tip: many people seem to have issues with the sizing of the clava. I recommend going to a store that sells sports gear to see if they have this in store. I found the clava in my nearby REI store (though for $10 more) and was surprised to see that I needed the L/XL size to fit me even though I wear a medium-sized helmet. If you are unable to test the sizing, you should try going a size up.

The problem that many other bikers with glasses face is the fogging of their glasses. I still do get this problem but it is to a much lesser degree thanks to the holes around the clava’s mouth and nose area. If it does start to get fogged up such that my vision begins to get impaired, I can easily pull down the mouth piece of the clava to eliminate the fogging.
on April 1, 2014
I bought it for skiing, not for riding motorcycle like everyone else who left a feedback here. It is very good quality, the holes for breathing prevent goggles from steaming up. I looked like a ninja with this mask. When I tried to move the bottom part under my chin for talking, I didn't like the look of it at all, it bubbles up on the sides and looks plain stupid.
on November 21, 2014
I would really rate this a 4.5 (but Amazon only allows whole numbers).
Perspective: I referee soccer in Mississippi during the dead of winter. So we have some games which drop to 20 degrees (Not as cold as Michigan but still cold)

Pros:
- It is very warm
- Protects the entire head
- The neck descends low enough for a shirt to button over (keeps the draft from going into your clothes)
- It cuts down on the wind

Cons:
One major con. The part that goes over your nose is not elastic but instead is part of the material of the mask. This means if you stretch it (and that requires force) it will not snap pack into place. So you do not get an absolute snug fit over your nose (About 1/4 inch gap. I don't like that about the mask. I would prefer a tight fit over my nose but it doesn't give you that.
- Small con: you will lose heat on the crown of your head. The material is tight and there is heat escape. To solve this, wear a black tobbaggon over this mask. You will be very warm with that duo (you can buy one for 7 bucks at Wal Mart)

Needless to say this is a very good product. I am satisfied with my purchase and will keep the mask. Very happy.
on January 2, 2014
Purchased for running but wife stole it to deliver the US mail. She works in snow and really low temperatures (NW Indiana). Walks 10 miles a day. She said it keeps her warm and does not sweat. She really likes the fact that you can wear it three different ways. If she gets to warm she just pulls the lower half down around her chin. I will be ordering myself one.
on December 4, 2015
Fits well and snug. Definitely keeps me much warmer than without one. I wear prescription glasses and I experience very little fogging if I keep in mind how I am breathing through the mask. Bought a second one for my significant other when she realized how comfortable and warm it was.
on December 13, 2014
Went to NYC in December and this thing kept me warm on the ferry ride over to liberty island. It's rain proof and easy to take off and on. Did not have any problems breathing. The front part slides off every now and then but maybe because I have a flat nose. It also doubles up as a warm neck warmer thingy. it's awesome just buy it.
on February 19, 2015
I bought it for snow shoveling in really cold weather and heavy snow. I used to cross country ski and it would have been perfect for that. It is very warm because of the Polartec lining. I got the large size and find it snug but comfortable. When it's only medium cold, I'll just wear a hat and scarf, but the Ultra Clava will be needed several times each winter. Boston is expecting bitter cold weather again this weekend along with more snow, so I'll see how breathable this is and report back. So far, it doesn't seem to fog up my spectacles. It's a nice feature that you can pull the clava back over your head and optionally keep the mouth and nose cover on. As I heat up with shoveling, that should be useful.
on December 5, 2010
Best investment I have made all season. It is thin enough to go well under a helmet, but still warm enough to keep my face toasty all day.
on March 10, 2013
Purchased this for my son. He already had one but used the first so much that he wanted another. If you are outdoors in the harsh winter for whatever reason, this is a must have. Especially if you have any health concerns like asthma. There are breathing vents so no "closed in" feeling to it, plus it is a lightweight material. Also can be washed up and hung up to dry. Was not able to find in local sporting store this this was a great find!