Seirus Innovation 5656 Super Padded Shorts with Insulation and Protection for Tailbone and Hip
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 80% Acrylic, 20% Wool
- The Super Padded Shorts is made from exclusive technology from Seirus Innovation
- Super protection for your bum, tail-bone, & hips
- The padded shorts provide excellent insulation against snow when sitting
- The breathable, removable pads offers flexibility to what you want to wear
- The shorts have 4-way stretch Lycra and a waistband with draw cord to ensure a comfortable fit under pants
Looking for Some Old-School Street Cred?
Check out our selection of cool retro and penny boards. Shop now
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
|Item Weight||1 pound|
|Package Height||3 x 7.2 x 12.5 inches|
|Shipping Weight||0.65 pounds|
|Special Size Type||Small/med|
|Sport Type||Snow Skiing|
Top Customer Reviews
This pad has literally saved my butt. As everyone who has learned snowboarding (and skiing) can attest, one will fall HARD on one's butt multiple times before becoming proficient at snowboarding. Even the experienced snowboarders will fall hard on their butts.
This pad will definitely reduce the impact of your falls. It will not totally eliminate pain of the fall, but the pain will be nowhere nearly as bad as one would feel without this pad.
As others have mentioned, this pad has a slight form factor and its cushioning is on the slim side. Unless your ski/snowboarding pants are very tight, you should have no issues wearing this pad underneath them.
The pad also does not hinder your movement and is very light. Overall, it is comfortable to wear. It is also easy to wash. Just take out the pads and wash the nylon cover.
The only drawback I detected was the presence the irritating of plastic-like label on the back inside of the waistband. That small label had several tiny plstic pieces sticking out which was greatly irrtating my skin. My solution was to take a scissor and cut out the plastic-like label (be careful not to cut the rubber band behind it). But I wish the quality control had figured it out and put the label someplace else where it wouldn't have been so irrtating.
* Great Fit. I wear size 34-36 inch waist pants and I got the Large/X-Large. They didn't seem to tight and nor too loose.
* Low profile - No one could tell that i had anything additional on under my board pants. You don't have to worry about diaper butt with these shorts.
* Padding is in the right spots. It has good coverage of the butt area and tail bone. The place where you land most often when catching an edge.
* Padding is on the thin side. The stock padding is about 1/2" thick.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I don't know about these shorts. They tend to trap in all of the smells that are associated with the lower half of your body. It's washable, but take out the pads before washing. Read morePublished 16 days ago by MD
Provides adequate protection for a 200lb first time snowboarder. I do wish it had a little bit thicker padding though. Read morePublished 1 month ago by ElectricR
These literally saved my butt while learning how to snowboard. So it makes your butt look bigger and it is not 100% full protection but it helps, a lot. Read morePublished 3 months ago by J. Hinchberger
Love the protection, but need more padding. Save my button tons of time. But I really recommend if the padding is more thicker.Published 4 months ago by JJ
Went snowboarding yesterday, landed on what would have been my tailbone 2 times - the pads protected my tailbone from the fall. Read morePublished 4 months ago by codeMonkeyK