- "Action packed is the only way to describe this exciting, sizzling love, and adventure story! Between the steamy private scenes and the made-for-TV shoot outs and natural disasters, there is adventure that keeps your heart pumping on every page." ~ Readers' Favorite
- "Watch [Beth and Donovan's] relationship grow, even during times of stress and learn to appreciate the writing prowess of author Chrys Fey in Seismic Crimes." ~ Tome Tender, reviewer
- "This is a fast paced, action packed book that is hard to put down. The earthquake scenes are graphic and the reader really gets a clear image, although terrifying as it is written extremely well." ~ LLEP Review Team
- "The well-choreographed, sexy scenes between the two main characters will keep readers turning the pages as much as the chase and fight scenes do. Fey handles each of these intimate scenes amazingly well, setting a high bar for steamy romance writers." ~ C. Lee McKenzie, author
- "SEISMIC CRIMES is an action-packed novel that contains a little bit of everything. There's the suspense of a crime-fighting story, the adventure of surviving natural disasters, and the passion of romance." ~ Sherry Ellis, author
- "Hurricane Crimes by Chrys Fey is a pure delight. It is a romance first and a suspense novella second, but both are combined in a perfect formula for a wonderful afternoon's reading." ~ Readers' Favorite
- "The characters were interesting as well as appealing. There was a lot of chemistry between Beth and Donovan." ~ Romance Bookworms Reviews
- "Chrys Fey does a magnificent job of starting her short story with the tension needed to hook and keep the reader reading. Her descriptive prose puts the reader with Beth as the dangerous winds escalate, the water rises, and darkness falls." ~ Yolanda Renee, author
- "One tough, yet amazingly intuitive woman and her ever-protective husband and lover will once again stand up to the evil that threatens all they have. TSUNAMI CRIMES is fast-paced, and Ms. Fey's ability to bring the internal fight for survival during a rogue tsunami to life is frighteningly realistic." ~ Tome Tender, book blog reviewer
- "Ms. Fey's strong and compelling visual storytelling coupled with the overwhelming uncertainty facing Beth and Donovan make this a powerhouse novel." ~ InD'Tale Magazine
- "Disasters are Chrys Fey's thing and she does them so well. Tsunami Crimes, the third in her disaster series, is her best yet, in my opinion." ~ Tena Stetler, author
- "The Disaster Crimes Series has the potential to be a terrific series that is spell-binding and [will] have readers on the edge of their seats." ~ InD'tale Magazine
From the Author
At first I didn't have the idea. I published Hurricane Crimes and thought that was it. Then a couple readers expressed wanting tok now what happened before and after Hurricane Crimes. I pondered a sequel and realized that the story wasn't over...a killer was still at large. As soon as I thought of the second book, the idea of a series bloomed, and I knew they would all feature a different disaster and contain what I love about romantic-suspense stories: crime and romance.
2. How does your work differ from others of its genre?
There are countless romantic-suspense stories, and several take place during a storm, but not many authors have used natural disasters as a continuing theme. Not only that, but on top of the disasters there are also crimes of nearly every kind, which is why my collection is known as the Disaster Crimes Series.
3. The earthquake scene was so realistic. Have you ever experienced an earthquake firsthand?
I have never experienced an earthquake. The closest I got to this was the Disaster! ride at Universal Studios. While you're sitting in a subway train, there's an earthquake and a water main breaks, sending a wave of water toward you. I remember sitting on the side where the water comes and thinking it was going to go over my head.
4. What did you enjoy most about writing this book?
I am fascinated by disasters, so I enjoyed learning all about earthquakes: the science behind them, real firsthand accounts, and the aftermath to cities. I created pages and pages of notes.