4-Year Camera Accidental Protection Planfrom Warrantech
- Accidental damage (drops and spills) and power surge coverage begin day 1. Parts and labor coverage for mechanical and electrical failures begins after your product's warranty expires.
- Plan Terms and Conditions sent via email within hours of completing your purchase, please look for an email from "Amazon Support" If you do not receive.
- Provides nationwide repair support as per the Terms and Conditions. If your product can't be repaired, an Amazon Gift Card will be provided.
- Includes free shipping for covered claims, no hidden fees, easy online or over the phone claim process, cancel at any time.
- See Product Description for details including limitations and what is not covered.
Sekonic Speedmaster L-858D-U Light Meter (401-858)
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Flash Duration Measurements - Understanding flash duration is the first step in freezing fast-moving subjects.
- Radio Control Modules for Wireless Triggering - The L-858 Speedmaster Pro expands upon ground-breaking innovation by adding functionality for Elinchrom Skyport and Phottix Strato II/ Ares II users
- Increased Light Sensitivity - An additional 3-stops of light sensitivity for incident light, 2-stops, for reflected light (spot), and an ability to capture a reading down 0.1 lx of Illuminance
- HSS Flash Measurements - Finally, photographers now have an accurate way of measuring their lights when they want to overpower the sun or achieve a very shallow depth of field through using HSS
- Flash Analyzing Function - Measures ambient and flash simultaneously and automatically indicates the percentage of flash in the total exposure
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Flash Duration Measurements
Understanding flash duration is the first step in freezing fast-moving subjects. Since all cameras are limited to relatively low sync speeds, stopping motion in a single image is often achieved by leveraging short flash durations with the camera’s max sync speed. A long-held secret of some of the world’s most talented photographers, the key to freezing action consistently is found in being able to measure flash duration. Photographers are now able to do this easily for the first time, demystifying one of photography’s most challenging techniques.
Increased Light Sensitivity
Increased ISO capabilities in today’s cameras have created a need for light meters to increase their ability to measure light in the dimmest of settings. With an additional 3-stops of light sensitivity for incident light, 2-stops of light sensitivity for reflected light (spot), and an ability to capture a reading down to 0.1 lx of Illuminance, accurately metering scenes lit by candlelight or getting the right measurement for long-exposure night photography is now a possibility.
HSS Flash Measurements
The L-858D-U is the first meter of its kind that can measure the stroboscopic pulses fired from strobes when they are used for Hi-Speed Sync. Finally, photographers now have an accurate way of measuring their lights when they want to overpower the sun or achieve a very shallow depth of field through using HSS.
Flash Analyzing Function
The L-858D is especially useful for on-location shooting to lighten shadows or reduce background detail. That's because it measures ambient and flash simultaneously and automatically indicates the percentage of flash in the total exposure. You can easily adjust the ambient flash mix by turning the Jog Wheel. The digital display indicates the camera settings and an analog display shows the relationship between ambient and flash and the total exposure.
Sonic Speed master L-858D-U is the world's first multi-function, multi-brand wireless triggering light meter. It is the first of its kind capable of measuring flash duration and brief flash bursts like you find from HSS (High Speed Sync) for precision flash control.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
You'd never go wrong purchasing this device.
I love this meter but make sure to upgrade the firmware.
Lots and lots of features
Only cons are:
No Godox compatibility yet
Touch screen can be finicky...which it had more nobs.
I have XPLOR 600 which supports HSS. While in HSS mode, I am able to get the exposure reading without issues when I'm in a partial shade.