Bubble Witch Saga 3 Vehicles Review Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc August Greene All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18_gno

• Self
  • Customer Reviews

POSITIVES
Lots of helpful hints about how to improve yourself -- slim down, get stronger, be your best
VERY MOTIVATIONAL to be or remain HEALTHY
After purchasing this magazine and getting a few months I gave it to several friends as gifts and all the gals loved it
GREAT GIFT
Be happy, be healthy
Fitness, fashion, beauty, style, exercises you can do at home without a gym and finances
GREAT read

HIGHLY RECOMMEND
VINE VOICEon March 12, 2010
I subscribe to what could be considered an excessive amount of magazines ( I won't confess the actual number here) but I really dislike womens magazines, and Self is the only one I subscribe to. It is more of fitness magazine than anything else, but also has just enough coverage of beauty, fashion, sex, pop culture and other " girly" topics to please this woman. It is not shallow ( like Allure) or embarrassing ( like Cosmo) or focussed just on being a consumer ( like Lucky). This magazine really does cover a lot of topics, has a nice mix of substance and fun, and though it is not aimed at my age group, it is still relevant to this no-longer 20-something.
on September 9, 2009
I expected a magazine with insightful articles about health and fitness with maybe some recipes thrown in to help me out. I flipped through the magazine and got mostly advertising not many articles or any useful information. I think this would ptobably be a good magazine for someone in the late teens to middle twenties but if you are older then that you should buy Health Magazine or First for Women which is packed with information on everything that is important to women from house hold tips to health news to recipes and advvice forom readers. I would also recomend All You Magazine which includes the same type of information as First for Women and they give you a lot more useful information for your money. I am just going to allow the subscrition to run out and not order self again.
on January 2, 2018
Good magazine.
on January 9, 2015
Good tips. If you are hopeful, in this new year that you are going to get yourself together. A one-year subscription might do the trick.
on June 16, 2009
I really like this magazine's fitness and life tips! They are so quick and easy but helpful :)
on May 25, 2015
Great magazine. Good workouts and recipies.
on February 5, 2014
It is great magazine with relatable articles that are of interest to all ages. Great as a gift to a parent or girlfriend.
on December 27, 2012
I got this magazine because I was reading it one time in a waiting room and loved it. They usually repeat the same work out stuff but they tend to have great and easy recipes.
on August 11, 2005
Great articles on women's health issues. Very up-to-date and helpful information. Easy to follow workout programs. Great tips on make-up and fashion. I actually read every magazine from cover-to-cover. I really like the low-fat recipes they have. Every edition of this magazine seems to have an exercise program which is very helpful. Most of the exercises are simple and easy to learn. I have tried several of them (i.e. upper body and abs) and have seen results in a just a few weeks. This magazine is exactly what I've been looking for.