Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Self-Awareness: The Hidden Driver of Success and Satisfaction
Your Garage Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Benjamin Leftwich Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now STEM

on July 12, 2009
After having read this book and taken the test I felt that it was a very underwhelming experience. The test was short and after getting the results I was questioning the accuracy and effectiveness of the test. After receiving the results the descriptions of each personality type is a bit vauge and uninsightful. The Myers-Briggs psychology test, which you can take for free online, is much more insightful and useful. Don't waste your money on this book.
on May 12, 2007
In short, I liked the book. I took the test, found out I was an Innovator and found out who my antithesis is. All that being said, the iDISC is explained in laymen terms and makes a lot of sense. For those of us who are familiar and have used MBTI, this is along those lines and makes perfect sense.
on December 10, 2012
The book is interesting, but to make sense of it you must take an online personality test. The code to take the test works one time only, so if someone has previously used it (as happened to me on a copy sold to me as "New") you will not be able to take the test, rendering it practically useless. Thanks to Richard Weber (whoever you are) for using the code in my copy and, apparently, then retuning the book. Jerk.
on March 11, 2016
Very basic and could be helpful if you don't want to take the time to do a more thorough - and free - Myers-Briggs test, but my feeling is this is more a device for getting you to spend the ridiculous amount of money the author wants you to spend for his DISC test.

So, if you buy this book used, you will NOT be able to take the test for free and, therefore, the material in this book is virtually worthless. Go find a free Myers-Briggs test and you will learn a lot more and be a lot happier with the results.
on April 27, 2007
Fun to read

I really enjoyed the author's writing in this book. Dr. Bradberry has

influenced me to learn more about myself and to explore the perspectives of

others. I enjoyed the stories, understood the research, and the test that

comes with the book is top-notch. I have benefited so much from this

information I hope everyone who comes in contact with this information have

the same revelations as I did.
on May 15, 2013
Breaks down the different styles in more details in a simple and practical way. Very useful for providing a variety of applications for the data provided in a individual DiSC report.

We are providing these to our district managers to inform them of what their line managers are using as work and relationship management tools. This book helps them to understand their teams' strengths and challenges in management and provides a common language from which to operate and communicate. Highly recommend it if you are using the DiSC assessments for management or staff development.
on October 13, 2012
I read the above book after reading Strengths Finder 2.0 (by Tom Rath) and Now Discover Your Strengths (by Marcus Buckingham), all those books focusing on the subject of how to put personal strenghts to work in favor of everyone. The Personality Code, however, is a more general book on the above subject and identifies 14 personality types observed among human beings. The other books work upon 34 personal psychological characteristics (that Rath calls 'themes and ideas for action') that readers should be aware of. Both Strengths Finder 2.0 and The Personality Code are supplied with on-line tests as for readers to pinpoint their personality types. Personality Code is an effective tool for the ones who manage people as well for their personal relationships.
VINE VOICEon October 29, 2008
Great work.
It examines the study of 500,000 people from 94 counties (large sample size), their 123,000 personality combinations and the resulted 14 distinct human personalities.
The advice that appealed to me the most was to become aware of what my personality traits are and focus on using them to my advantage. This idea contrasts sharply with the traditional self-help books where one is encouraged to change to resemble someone he/she will never become.

The book investigates the reasons behind human personality, how and when it solidifies and why we can't change who we are beyond a certain point in our lives. Very intriguing.

I highly recommend it.
on February 5, 2009
This book is great to learn your personality but doesn't apply it to ideal jobs, relationships, etc., very well.
on August 17, 2013
On page 27 and 153 the DISC model, there is a wrong place for S (Steady) an C (Conscientious). S must be people oriented and C must be Task oriented.