Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Self-Healing: My Life and Vision (Arkana)
Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

on July 30, 1998
I have been working in the field of education and various forms of therapy for over 35 years having been the director of a large program for the developmentally disabled and working in rehabilitation of adults as well for many years. I have never found a more inspiring book in all that time. Recently, a friend in his middle 50s who had been through all of the "right" therapies available in the major teaching institutions in New York City following a massive stroke was becoming quite discouraged. He had made nowhere near the progress that he had hoped for despite really working at whatever he was given to do. After reading Meir's book, he became totally motivated again and made an appointment to see Meir when he came to New York and is now on the road to real progress working at 2 things in his life full time: Teaching his mathmematics students in College, and going at it rehabilitating himself and inspiring those around him to stretch out in life and not s! imply to accept the limitations that they have always supposed were barriers to fuller participation in life. I can not reccommend any book more highly in this field.
on June 22, 2001
Amazing story. This book is a highly recommended read for anyone hoping to cure himself of any disease or condition, be it imperfect sight or anything else. Whatever ails you, you will be convinced that you can overcome it. Meir Schneider views disease as an opportunity for self-growth rather than as an evil enemy to be killed off. Healthy people don't get sick. "Once the body is relaxed, the breathing correct, and all the joints completely flexible, it is difficult for any disease to take hold."
His holistic method makes too much sense to disregard. However, our society is not ready to step into an age of holistic health care.
on December 19, 1999
This is a wonderful, inspiring book. I have read it many times. It is full of wisdom, but very practical. I can't recommend it too highly. It is not just about healing bad eyes but many other physical problems. Meir Schneider is a humble genius.
on June 21, 2011
Born to deaf parents in the Soviet union during the height of the cold war, Meir Schneider faced multiple challenges from birth, primarily, being legally blind. Handcuffed to a world consisting of half shadows, Meir fights bravely throughout his childhood to be a normal boy while enduring several unsuccessful surgeries to improve his vision. He's left worse off than before.

His family emigrates to Poland and then to Israel. With the loving help of his ever present grandmother, Savta, Meir becomes aquainted with Miriam and Isaac, two people who will become a lifelong influence providing him with him hope, direction, and helping him to self actualize healthier vision through unorthodox exercise methods based on the 19th century teachings of William Bates.

This is a fascinating story of one man's struggle to heal himself, and eventually others, with unconventional practices in a world where such treatments are decried as worthless and fraudulent. His triumphs, as well as those of the patients he helps are truly inspiring. I would highly recommend this book to anyone with health issues not being successfully addressed by conventional Western medical treatments, or just to anyone wishing to learn more about the art of visualization and self healing. 5 stars all the way.
Great book - love his story! After reading this and also digging in to the techniques (and after adding a magnificent supplement for my eyes to my vitamin regimen) I passed my drivers license eye exam without restrictions when 4 years ago I couldn't do it!

Tracy Parish, CPRW / Website is: TrendSettingResumes
"We've built a better mousetrap that helps our clients catch better-paying jobs! We do things on resumes and LinkedIn profiles that nobody else on the planet is doing and our clients get 99% response rates - many are able to skip an entire rung on the career ladder! But we also realize that nowadays every job is temporary, so we also help people develop income security in a world where there is no job security - allowing them to make all ends meet from home!" Call: 1-888-522-6121 for more information
on March 7, 2013
Meir Schneider is an inspiration and a wonderful example of taking healing into his own hands. His self-discipline is incredible, and the time and energy he devoted to healing his eyes. This is a very positive book. His writing encourages all of us to devote the energy we need to heal ourselves, and shows that with dedication and hard work, we can heal many conditions that doctors otherwise say are "incurable."
on February 23, 2016
Meir Schneider is the truest meaning of a healer and inherent genius. The book is remarkable. I couldn't put it down and it reads beautifully accounting his life in a comforting, peaceful way. His life message teaches how our health is in our own hands not someone else's. You can become your own best doctor when you choose to be. I have gained so much from this book. Thank you Meir for all you do and stand for within the vision and healing communities. The world is blessed to have you.
on September 9, 2013
I love the book. He has clarified up the methods of Bates. I think this book is highly recommended. Will read more books by this author.
on April 19, 2015
Have read " Self Healing" before. This is first time for "Movement". I am a fan. Meir Schneider really knows what he is teaching.
Se
on December 17, 2014
This is a quick, easy read. It's an interesting story with lots of insight. I'm getting the Handbook of Self-Healing for some more detailed instruction.