- Use promo code GIFTBOOK18 to save $5.00 when you spend $20.00 or more on Books shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Enter code GIFTBOOK18 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $3.99 shipping
Self-Reliance and Other Essays (Dover Thrift Editions) Paperback – Unabridged, October 13, 1993
|New from||Used from|
See the Best Books of 2018
Looking for something great to read? Browse our editors' picks for the best books of the year in fiction, nonfiction, mysteries, children's books, and much more.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
From the Back Cover
Essayist, poet, and philosopher, Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803–1882) propounded a transcendental idealism emphasizing self-reliance, self-culture, and individual expression. The six essays and one address included in this volume, selected from Essays, First Series (1841) and Essays, Second Series (1844), offer a representative sampling of his views outlining that moral idealism as well as a hint of the later skepticism that colored his thought. In addition to the celebrated title essay, the others included here are "History," "Friendship," "The Over-Soul," "The Poet," and "Experience," plus the well-known and frequently read Harvard Divinity School Address.
Try the Kindle edition and experience these great reading features:
503 customer reviews
Review this product
Read reviews that mention
Showing 1-8 of 503 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
- page numbers are in random places on the page, not in the footer; looks like it was printed from a html
- chapter title starts on the last row of the page
- the book ends abruptly in the middle of the sentence,
- not all chapters from the table of contents are in the book!