Workplace Solutions Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Subscribe & Save Stocking Stuffers Get up to $100 back on House Cleaning services MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Platinum artists Shop Now

Showing 1-10 of 27 reviews(verified purchases). Show all reviews
TOP 500 REVIEWERon August 2, 2009
I'd give this seven stars if so many were available!

Mr. Hall has done a remarkable job to take a complex subject and break down into easily understood advcie without getting bogged down into cliches or pie-in-the-sky hyperbole.

I have searched far and wide and have found three terrific volumes, but this one is the best of the three and is the only one available on Kindle. Note that I once had a bakery in which one of my signature products was franchised in Oregon using the moniker Billy Bob's Pot Pies. Although the franchise effort was ill-fated, as vice president of the corporation, I learned a good deal along the way.

I also learned why, these days, beginning franchises is all but dead unless you have really deep pockets. I also learned why trying to breaking into supermarkets is even deader than franchising.

Thus, Sell Your Specialty Food is my pick for food producers hoping to break into wholesale food marketing in any format, but readers and researchers also should read Selling My Food To supermarkets; Kitchen To Market; Gourmet To Go - C. William Anderson, aka Travis C. Ward.
22 comments| 72 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 22, 2008
Since I am just trying to break into the specialty food market, I found this book to be very helpful and loaded with useful information. I'm sure I will return to the book again and again as an excellent resource.
on October 22, 2009
This book was awesome! Easy to ready and understand, this book has really given me focus and direction to launch my product and achieve my dreams...
on July 16, 2012
Some of the stuff the author suggests is a little out of date, but it's a good read with a lot of information on the logistics and the marketing involved in creating a food product that you can sell from home. You still gotta do a lot of research on the legal requirements in your state because obviously he can't list it all here but he does provide the places to contact for each state in the end of the book. The book is well organized and its easy to find what you're looking for. He gives great ideas but the writing style is a bit slow. I mean it I know it ain't supposed to be entertaining, but damn. It took me like two months to read this book. It it very concise.
on July 11, 2009
This book provides very good basic information and resources that are really focused on the specialty food market, unlike other books that are titled to be industry-specific but turn out to be just general business books.
on June 21, 2012
THis book is simply amazing, it covers all sorts of information that YOU NEED TO KNOW. I purchased it and then later started taking small business classes and they recommended it! I was extremely proud to say I already owned it! If you are interested in this form of business at all this is a must have!
on August 15, 2011
This could not have been more helpful to us as we have a fine product and just needed this concise yet thorough over-view of the job ahead.
on February 24, 2012
This book is definitely a must read for anyone considering bringing their specialty food product to market. It was suggested to me by a veteran in the food industry who told me to read it and then call him back if I was still interested in moving forward. I have since abandoned my efforts to break into the food industry for a number of reasons which will all be discovered in the book. It was fascinating to read and really gives you an insight into every aspect of the food business.
on August 5, 2014
Within 4 hours of opening this book I was in an email dialogue with a specialty food distributor in Texas who wanted to set a meeting.

I originally had a bunch of books in my shopping cart but decided to digest one at a time, starting with this one - great move by me.

Don't think, just buy this one.
on September 3, 2014
This is a good book. That I did nothing with the knowledge I gained from reading it is not the book's fault. Mine entirely. But maybe, I will feel guilty enough one of these days to push out a product, who knows:-)