|Item Weight||2 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||5.5 x 8.3 x 2.9 inches|
|Item model number||SMH10R-01|
|Batteries||1 Lithium ion batteries required. (included)|
|Manufacturer Part Number||SMH10R-01|
|CAPA Certified||DOT Certified|
|Vehicle Service Type||all-terrain-vehicles; utility-vehicles; off-road-motorcycles; street-sport-motorcycles; street-cruiser-motorcycles; street-touring-motorcycles; street-motor-scooters; snowmobiles|
|Safety Rating||DOT Certified|
Sena SMH10R Low Profile Motorcycle Bluetooth Headset and Intercom
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Bluetooth 3.0 with up to 8 hours of talk time
- Universal Intercom: Allows allows pairing to another brands of Bluetooth headsets
- The Sena 10R takes three hours to charge
- AudioVideo Remote Control Profile AVRCP technology allows you to play, track forward and track back while listening to music using your Sena 10R
- The Sena 10R features a four-way conference intercom capability. This feature also allows intercom participants to join cell phone conference calls
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Compare to similar items
This item Sena SMH10R Low Profile Motorcycle Bluetooth Headset and Intercom
Sena 20S-01 Motorcycle Bluetooth 4.1 Communication System with HD Audio and Advanced Noise Control (Single)
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Longhorn Moto||Radio Rider||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Blue Ridge Cycles, LLC|
|Item Dimensions||8.3 x 5.45 x 2.85 in||9.8 x 5.95 x 3.3 in||4.81 x 7.27 x 2.26 in||2.22 x 3.31 x 1.52 in||5 x 8.25 x 2 in||1 x 3.73 x 1.9 in|
Slim, Light, Easy to use Low profile, yet rich with high-performance features, the SMH10R lets riders make hands-free phone calls, listen to music, get GPS directions, and have full-duplex intercom conversations with other riders in crystal-clear audio quality through the stereo Bluetooth headset. Ultra slim and featherlight, it’s a particularly good choice for riders who want to concentrate on their riding technique and minimize fuss factor. Talk or share playlists with four-way intercom functionality Keep the chitchat going, share a playlist with up to four riding companions, or patch in a phone call that everyone can jump in on. The Bluetooth 3.0 equipped SMH10R does it all with crystal clear sound quality and proprietary noise-reduction technology at ranges of up to 900 meters (0.5 miles). Extra volume, less noise, and helpful voice prompts when you need them Audio levels get a boost in noisy environments while Advanced Noise Control technology cuts down on background noise for both incoming and outgoing audio. Bluetooth music playback control features play, pause, track forward, and track back functions, and each audio source has its own adjustable volume level. Easy-to-follow voice prompts will get you started using your SMH10R. And if your pals don’t have Sena Bluetooth intercom gear, Sena's Universal Intercom firmware makes the SMH10R compatible with all other Bluetooth communications systems on the market. Best of all, it's upgradeable for the life of your headset, which makes pairing and interoperability across brands a non-issue for as long as you own the SMH10R.
The SMH10R-01 is a low-profile, Bluetooth v3.0 + EDR Class 1 Stereo Headset with long-range Bluetooth Intercom designed specifically for motorcycles. With the SMH10R-01, you can call hands-free on your Bluetooth mobile phone, listen to stereo music or voice instructions of GPS navigations by Bluetooth wirelessly, and have intercom conversations in full duplex with a passenger or other motorcycle riders.
Thanks to the latest Bluetooth v3.0 and the advanced digital processing technology, the SMH10R-01 offers the best sound quality for both incoming and outgoing sound in its class. Also, its super-thin and compact form factor contribute higher performance for sports bike riding and makes the SMH10R a perfect companion of motorcycle riders.
Bluetooth v3.0 Wireless
SMH10R-01 can wirelessly connect to other Bluetooth devices supporting HSP/HFP (Headset Profile/Hands Free Profile) and A2DP (Advance Audio Distribution Profile). HSP/HFP is standard in all phones with Bluetooth features. Almost all Bluetooth MP3 players, smartphone, and audio dongles support A2DP to send stereo audio to Bluetooth headsets like the Sena SMH10R-01. Enjoy Bluetooth music playback control by AVRCP: play, pause, track forward and track back.
Other Bluetooth features include Multi-Pair to allow intercom functionality for 4 persons, and compatibility with select motorcycle GPS systems.
Safety is a key factor when out on the road and Sena has integrated voice prompts into all of their units to ensure riders can maintain handsfree control. Voice prompts allow riders to operate functions such as GPS, volume control, mobile phone calls and more without needing to take their hands off of the handle bars. Sena provide voice prompt options for multi-language, English, French, German, Italian, and Spanish.This is necessary to ensure safety is maintained during times of traffic or congestion.
Individual Adjustable Volume Profiles
You can easily decrease/increase the volume of the voice, music and intercom using Jog Dial. The SMH10R-01 can save volume levels of previously connected profiles. This means that phone volume (HSP/HFP), music volume (A2DP), and intercom volumes will be saved separately and return to its own saved volume level whenever associated profile is reconnected.
Profile volume adjustment is only affected during the use of its specific profile. However, when changing volume during standby mode, then volume change applies to all profiles. Alert tones like low battery warning and connection tones can only be adjusted in standby mode.
Easy Installation for Most Helmets
The SMH10R-01 will fit onto various types of helmets. The standard clamp, included in default packaging, will fit onto most helmets. For installations which may require extra wire length, ear buds instead of speakers, and wire microphone instead of boom microphone, Sena offers different types of clamps as an additional accessory (sold separately), to allow various installations and user preferences.
What's in the Box?
Sena SMH10R-01 Bluetooth Headset, speaker/microphone clamp unit, USB power and data cable, DC vehicle charger, 3.5mm stereo audio jack cable, glued surface mounting adapter, microphone sponges, speaker pads, velcro pads, Allen wrench (for installation), microphone cap, manual, warranty.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Top customer reviews
On the pro side-basic functionally worked great, and made the unit well worth the price:
1) sound quality is great and pairing to my phone works well. I thoroughly enjoy listening to music as I ride. I find that it makes me more, not less focused on the road around me, and bluetooth makes a big difference vs headphones / wired solutions. music sounds good, regardless of type. not as good as my sony studio monitor headphones (no big surprise), but better than earbuds.
2) phone works well enough. people can hear me on the other side of the phone. There are motorcycle sounds (I have an older ducati / dry clutch), but we can have a conversation that is not annoying or painful for the listener. talking on the phone is definitely somewhat distracting during city riding, so I will likely limit how I use this feature.
3) works well with phone GPS, though seemed to play less well with GPS + music on my phone. likely an android, not Sena issue.
4) volume buttons were easy to reach and use.
5) battery life seems more than sufficient for around town to day use.
6) size- the SMH10R is MUCH smaller and less obtrusive than the SMH10. I also prefer the velcro mounted control unit to one that is clamped onto the helmet. it feels safer, though it may not be.
There were a few cons / nits that keep this from being a 5 star product:
1) control button (not volume) is a little difficult to use. they packed a handful of features into one button, so there is a lot of pressing and waiting for beeps. ultimately, I think this is sufficient for basic features- turn on / off, answer phone, start / stop music, but it is not optimal and there is a bit of a learning curve.
2) pain to install. the speakers don't quite fit in the holes in my helmet (holes are round, speakers have a tab on them), felt like I was jamming wires in random places, as opposed to a smooth / logical place to put them. however, once everything is in place, it seems to (mostly) stay put
3) pain to remove. the 3 leads on the control unit don't make a lot of sense to me- there is a lot of clipping and unclipping any time you want to remove the unit. I suspect this will lead to damage / wear if you pull it out a lot, and it requires pulling up helmet pads, as the lead for the microphone isn't quite long enough. I believe this means that I will mostly leave the unit in place (or removed from the shell and tucked into the helmet in a pinch).
4) flimsy wires on the battery. I am expecting this to be the first thing to break. time will tell
5) doesn't seem to be waterproof. usb cable hole in main unit seems the big leak point. I suspect that they could have fixed this with a little engineering thought.
on balance, the SMH10R does the job, adds a lot to my riding experience, and I am happy that I bought it. I am also glad that I purchased the 10R over the 10. I would consider the 10 over the 10R if I had an open chin or convertible helmet and needed the solidly attached boom mic, or felt that I needed to frequently remove the unit from my helmet.
Install is not too terrible, but I wish the headphone speakers attached more securely tohelmet padding. A simple safety pin system would be a welcome addition here, Sena. Also the mic cord could use another inch. In fact, I wish all the cords had a long and short option. All the other included attachments are very secure. Memorizing all the various button controls is daunting, but serves as a testament to the depth of functionality. Voice activated voice control would be nice. Better management of multiple bluetooth music players would be nice. Minor gripes.
My particular unit had problems with the Bluetooth connection to my phone. Unless the phone was in line of sight to the unit, the sound would cut out badly, and simply turning my head would cause it to be interrupted. I am fairly certain this is just a single bad unit and a replacement will correct the problem, and I hope it will, as this seems to be an excellent product otherwise. Rather than exchanging at Amazon, I RMA'd the unit to Sena. It took them about two weeks to turn the unit around to me, which seems excessive. However, the RMA was for the main unit only, and I received a full brand new unit in return, so I now have a spare battery, headphones, hookups, etc.
Little bit of a hassle with the RMA process but my replacement unit works great, and will play music for at least two days of riding before recharging. It also paired easily with a friend's Sena (different model) and voice communication is fine after a little bit of testing.
This is a real game changer for long trips - the volume is just loud enough to hear through earplugs, don't expect home theater quality, after all, you are listening to tiny speakers inside a poorly insulated wind tunnel, but it's really nice to have tunes on board that don't require fussing with wires, earbuds falling out, etc., and hearing protection on top of it all.