Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Senate Scheduling and Floor Procedures: The Role of the Majority Leader, Raising Measures, and the Use of Amendments (Capitol Learning Audio Course) Audio CD – 2005
Senate Scheduling and Floor Procedures:
The Role of the Majority Leader, Raising Measures, and the Use of Amendments
This audio course with Walter Oleszek examines what takes place during the various stages of a typical day on the Senate floor.
- The Senate's two calendars: Executive Calendar and the Calendar of Business
- Compare and contrast the scheduling of minor versus major legislation
- Analyze the role of unanimous consent and other means of bringing bills to the floor
- How important is the floor manager's role?
- What are the rules pertaining to filibuster, cloture, and post-cloture filibusters?
Total run time: 85 minutes. Includes course materials.
Capitol Learning Audio Course on CD, mp3 format, from TheCapitol Net.
We help you understand Washington and Congress. TM
Browse award-winning titles. See more