Sennheiser HD 202 II Professional Headphones (Black)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Ideal for DJ's and audio pros,Total harmonic distortion (THD): <0.5%
- Very clean, deep bass response,Jack plug 3.5/6.3 mm stereo
- Detachable ear cups for pro users
- 10 foot Y style cable, Frequency Range : 18Hz - 18kHz,Impedance: 32 Ohm
- Wind-up belt clip for excess cable
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
The Sennheiser HD202II are closed, dynamic hi-fi stereo headphones. Good insulation against ambient noise and a deep bass response make them the ideal companion for DJs - or anyone who likes to listen to modern, powerful music without disturbing others. High efficiency drivers for maximum performance. Sennheiser HD202II Closed Back Headphones Features include Closed,dynamic, semi-circumaural stereo headphones .Earcups can be removed from the headband ,Specially designed damping material ensures powerful bass response ,Lightweight turbine diaphragms for low bass .
From the Manufacturer
The HD 202 MK II closed, dynamic hi-fi stereo headphones are the ideal partner for DJs and powerful modern music, providing great insulation against ambient noise and a vivid, crisp bass response. The rugged lightweight headphones have a secure fit and can be used for both mobile sources and home (mini) hi-fi systems. When out and about, a convenient cord take-up lets you adjust the headphone cable to the required length.
Please note that models HD202 and HD202 MK11 are the same headphones and only the packaging differs.
- Closed, supra-aural, dynamic hi-fi stereo headphones
- Frequency Response 18Hz-18KHz
- For DJs, ideal for both mobile sources and home mini hi-fi systems
- Good attenuation of ambient noise
- Earcups can be removed from the headband
- Specially designed damping perforation ensures powerful bass response
- Lightweight diaphragm material with “turbine” embossing for
extremely low bass
- Powerful neodymium magnets and lightweight diaphragms for high
- Powerful bass and increased signal levels for modern
- Clips to the belt: cord take-up for adjusting the cable length when listening on the move
- Rugged outdoor design with durable and flexible headband
- 3 m highly conductive OFC copper cable
- Extremely comfortable to wear due to ultra-lightweight design, even for
- Replaceable leatherette ear pads
- 2-year warranty
HD 202 MK II
|THD ||< 0.7% ||<0.5% ||<0.1% (1 kHz/100dB) ||<0.2% ||<0.1% |
|Transducer Priciple ||Dynamic ||Dynamic, Closed ||Dynamic, Closed ||Open, Dynamic ||Open, Dynamic |
|Weight ||165g ||130g ||394g ||260g ||270g |
|Wireless ||No ||No ||No ||No ||No |
|Sound Pressure Level ||108 dB (1 kHz, 1 V) ||115 dB ||112 dB (1 kHz/1 V) ||112dB ||112 dB |
|Warranty ||2 yrs ||2 yrs ||2 yrs ||2 yrs ||2 yrs|
Top customer reviews
1. They're really comfortable! They do have some clamping pressure but it's not as much as the higher-end Sennheiser HD 280 Pro or the Beyerdynamic DT-1350 which I also have. Those two headphones are superior in sound quality, but they the HD 280 Pro really hurt my head from the clamp, and the Beyardynamic DT-1350 really hurt my ears after only about 20 minutes. By contrast, I can wear these HD 202 II headphones for several hours without that discomfort. They're very light and the cheap cushions are very soft and don't hurt my ears and the cheap cushioned headband similarly is comfortable.
2. They really isolate well and leak almost nothing! They leak very, very little, protecting sleeping people around from me hearing anything -- which is my main use case since I have disturbed others when listening to music late into the night with my Grado or AKG open-back headphones, which leak a lot. I can listen at about the 10 o'clock position on the volume dial on my iFi iCAN headphone amp on low gain -- which gets rather loud to my ears since these 202 ii are low-impedance (32 ohm) headphones which don't need a lot of power. (Again, the HD 280 Pro and the DT 1350, much more expensive headphones, are even better at isolation, but far less comfortable.)
3. They sound good! Not as good, again, as my HD 280 Pro, DT 1350, or the Oppo PM-3 planar closed headphones -- but those are far more expensive headphones, particularly the latter, than the $25 I paid for these little 202 ii headphones. Bass definitely has some boost, and it's not as clean as the more expensive headphones, but it's still surprisingly clean for the price, and very enjoyable. Overall, it has a surprisingly clean sound, treble sounds "detailed enough" but not piercing, a little polite, but a very enjoyable sound.
EDIT: For those who are having problems with the cord length - use the included cord take-up. There is a notch on each side to clip the cord into. The cord looks like it won't fit but it will if you position the cord sideways and insert it.
I keep buying them because the sound is really great, as many reviews have explained. And they are cheap. And the extra long cord is wonderful for my purposes. I have earbuds for walking around and a pair of the HD 428s for when I don't need a long cord and/or want more oomph in the bass.
But to reiterate....all SIX pairs of this style Sennheiser headphones have died on me in one ear, sometimes left and sometimes right. I don't yank them or mistreat them. There is no inciting event...one time a pair died while I was sitting at my desk, I just moved to grab the remote and it cut out. Two or three pairs have died while I was walking around outside in the winter...I live in Maine, and I'm guessing the cold makes the copper very brittle.
The point is that the cords are thin and cheap, so don't expect these to last longer than six months.
There are two excellent things about these headphones...they sound great for the money, and they have a TWO YEAR WARRANTY.
I just figured this out last week, and I feel like an idiot. I could have saved like $100, though the inconvenience of warranty returns is considerable.
So buy them, by all means, but print out your receipt and print out the Sennheiser service request form, staple them together and tuck them away. You're going to need them.
Most recent customer reviews
-cancels noise about as...Read more