Sennheiser AVX Digital Wireless Microphone System - ME2 Lavalier Set
- Ultra compact AVX receiver plugs directly into the XLR audio input.
- AVX switches on and off automatically with the camera using P48 Phantom Power.
- AVX automatically sets input sensitivity for optimum recording levels.
- AVX automatically selects operating frequencies to eliminate interference
- 2 year warranty when purchased from an authorized Sennheiser dealer
|Consumer Alert: Most users do not need a license to operate this wireless microphone system. Nevertheless, operating this microphone system without a license is subject to certain restrictions: the system may not cause harmful interference; it must operate at a low power level (not in excess of 50 milliwatts); and it has no protection from interference received from any other device. Purchasers should also be aware that the FCC is currently evaluating use of wireless microphone systems, and these rules are subject to change. For more information, call the FCC at 1-888- CALL-FCC (TTY: 1-888-TELL-FCC) or visit the FCC’s wireless microphone website at http://www.fcc.gov/cgb/wirelessmicrophones.|
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the manufacturer
The Sennheiser AVX fully self-configures and is ready to film within seconds.
At Sennheiser, we are on the pursuit of perfect sound. This is the aim and ambition of every single person working here. The quest for perfect sound focuses us on the dreams and needs of our customers all around the globe. Through our products and our ideas, we give them a unique sound experience or help them to create pristine sound for their audiences. We have done this for 70 years, and we are not ready to stop. Because we have a vision: to shape the future of audio, based on our history, our culture of innovation and our passion for excellence.
The Sennheiser AVX
The wireless and most relaxed way of capturing video sound.
Whatever your application may be, AVX puts years of Sennheiser wireless knowledge to work and virtually guarantees the stress-free capturing of perfect sound. From professional video and documentaries, to street interviews; The AVX just works – allowing videographers to concentrate on their true passion: capturing and creating amazing film.
- Very fast setup - Plug & Play
- Switches on/off by P48 Phantom power
- Optimized dynamic range
- Plugs directly into XLR audio input
- Accessories included for DSLR use
- DECT 1.9GHz transmission
- AES-256 encryption
- Automatic audio level control
- Auto frequency management
- License free
- Metal housing
- Made in Germany
Features for the Perfect Sound
Optimized Dynamic Range
Dynamic Range guarantees perfectly leveled sound – no matter whether it’s very quiet or extremely loud. The AVX matches perfectly to the camera’s input sensitivity. Without having to adjust the audio level on the microphone by hand.
Plug and Record
The AVX plugs directly into the XLR audio input and uses phantom power. It switches on and off automatically with the camera. So it is instantly ready to record and saves battery power when the camera is turned off.
The AVX works faster than the human ear. Before any interferences becomes audible, the AVX selects the best operating frequency and switches to a clean channel. No matter what happens: Perfect audio transmission between the microphone and the camera is guaranteed.
AVX operates in the license-free 1.9 GHz frequency range, which can be used in many countries worldwide without registration.
Sennheiser AVX Combo Wireless Set
The AVX Combo Wireless Set is the perfect digital wireless microphone for film projects. The system fully self configures and is ready to film within seconds. Its ultra compact receiver fits directly into the XLR audio input of your camera or recording device. With both handheld and bodypack transmitters and acccessories inclluded, this is the choice where utmost flexibility is key.
Sennheiser AVX Combo Wireless Set
AVX Handheld Microphone
AVX Bodypack Transmitter
AVX Digital Wireless Receiver
The Sennheiser AVX-ME2 Lavalier Set is the perfect digital wireless microphone for film projects. The system fully self configures and is ready to film within seconds. Its ultra compact receiver fits directly into the XLR audio input of your camera or recording device. The body pack transmitter and lavalier microphone is ideal for hands-free interview and documentary situations.
Top Customer Reviews
Here are my thoughts after personally handling them:
PROS: Build quality, other than the expanded batteries, seems amazing. They have a very sturdy and solid feel to them. I would not be worried about them breaking easily. I love the update Sennheiser did with the antenna not being a wire sticking out. I love how compact these are!
CONS: I was unable to witness the sound quality for myself or even turn the device on. The batteries arrived defective and unremoveable from the bodyback transmitter to charge. I was very let down about that.
An improvement I'd love to see from The Camera Box store is the way it was shipped. I would feel more comfortable if box arrived in separate outer box to protect it better and conceal its contents. If I had this shipped to my front door, there is a large label saying its a Sennheiser microphone and I'd be concerned about it getting stolen from the porch as its a more valuable item. If you are considering buying from this store, I recommend shipping to a PO Box for this reason.
1. The blue antenna cap on the receiver is loose and rattles, I had to use tape to hold it properly.
2. Delay. There is a 18-19ms delay in audio compared to the G2 or G3 which is pretty much realtime. So when I used the AVX in combo with G2 or G3 shoots all audio from AVX was delayed and caused echo which means I have to correct audio in post every shoot. That is a deal breaker for me. It almost forces you to switch all wireless to AVX and at the price point, that is a big ask or constantly sync audio in editing. (Returned for this reason)
3. Receiver battery life is bad, I barely got 2-3 hours out of it, and when it gets hot outside or used in heat it was worse. Its only a 430 mAh battery and of course spares are an absurd $50 a piece. Body pack battery is good. (They need an extended battery and it would fit easily)
4. Auto gain, it mostly works, but it's not optimal in louder conditions. I did a shoot in open wheel sports car, coming to a stop you can hear voice audio climb artificially and when car moves you can hear gain drop. In a quiet atmosphere with only talking its not noticeable. But gain movement is present in louder settings.
5. Where is the manual sensitivity setting? Come on.
6. Swivel design of receiver a potential point of failure and also moves a bit too easy which can cause rattling connection issues.
7. The Mic clip for ME2 is junk, plastic snapped first use, what was wrong with metal spring clips?
1. Build quality, solid. Much better body packs than G2/G3 due to antenna design.
2. Small receiver is a blessing and curse, it fits on your sound recorders, cameras etc without taking up space or having wires if you use XLR.
3. Replaceable Lithium Ion Body pack and Lithium Poly Receiver pack.
4. Zero audio drops, clear connection
5. Stupid simple setup and sync
6. Sennhesier build quality (mostly)
If you are only using system in controlled, quiet, interview setting its going to work great.
Battery life, delay and quirks with gain are deal breakers.
SUPER easy to set up - turn them on, press "pair" and you're done
XLR output & it ROTATES!
XLR-3.5mm adapter & shoe mount - you can connect this to virtually anything
Micro USB charging
Comes with bag
Durable shirt clip & belt clip
Mic cable screws into transmitter for safe & secure connection
Receiver battery is low-capacity, dies much quicker than mic
Proprietary batteries - though I feel this is taken care of w/ USB charging
Buttons are SUPER mushy and very hard to press. I have to use a lot of nail to turn on receiver.