Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Sennheiser AVX Digital Wireless Microphone System ..." and save 44% off the $1,125.00 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Sennheiser AVX Digital Wireless Microphone System - ME2 Lavalier Set
- Ultra compact AVX receiver plugs directly into the XLR audio input.
- AVX switches on and off automatically with the camera using P48 Phantom Power.
- AVX automatically sets input sensitivity for optimum recording levels.
- AVX automatically selects operating frequencies to eliminate interference
- 2 year warranty when purchased from an authorized Sennheiser dealer
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
The Sennheiser AVX fully self-configures and is ready to film within seconds.
At Sennheiser, we are on the pursuit of perfect sound. This is the aim and ambition of every single person working here. The quest for perfect sound focuses us on the dreams and needs of our customers all around the globe. Through our products and our ideas, we give them a unique sound experience or help them to create pristine sound for their audiences. We have done this for 70 years, and we are not ready to stop. Because we have a vision: to shape the future of audio, based on our history, our culture of innovation and our passion for excellence.
The Sennheiser AVX
The wireless and most relaxed way of capturing video sound.
Whatever your application may be, AVX puts years of Sennheiser wireless knowledge to work and virtually guarantees the stress-free capturing of perfect sound. From professional video and documentaries, to street interviews; The AVX just works – allowing videographers to concentrate on their true passion: capturing and creating amazing film.
- Very fast setup - Plug & Play
- Switches on/off by P48 Phantom power
- Optimized dynamic range
- Plugs directly into XLR audio input
- Accessories included for DSLR use
- DECT 1.9GHz transmission
- AES-256 encryption
- Automatic audio level control
- Auto frequency management
- License free
- Metal housing
- Made in Germany
Features for the Perfect Sound
Optimized Dynamic Range
Dynamic Range guarantees perfectly leveled sound – no matter whether it’s very quiet or extremely loud. The AVX matches perfectly to the camera’s input sensitivity. Without having to adjust the audio level on the microphone by hand.
Plug and Record
The AVX plugs directly into the XLR audio input and uses phantom power. It switches on and off automatically with the camera. So it is instantly ready to record and saves battery power when the camera is turned off.
The AVX works faster than the human ear. Before any interferences becomes audible, the AVX selects the best operating frequency and switches to a clean channel. No matter what happens: Perfect audio transmission between the microphone and the camera is guaranteed.
AVX operates in the license-free 1.9 GHz frequency range, which can be used in many countries worldwide without registration.
Sennheiser AVX Combo Wireless Set
The AVX Combo Wireless Set is the perfect digital wireless microphone for film projects. The system fully self configures and is ready to film within seconds. Its ultra compact receiver fits directly into the XLR audio input of your camera or recording device. With both handheld and bodypack transmitters and acccessories inclluded, this is the choice where utmost flexibility is key.
Sennheiser AVX Combo Wireless Set
AVX Handheld Microphone
AVX Bodypack Transmitter
AVX Digital Wireless Receiver
Compare with similar items
Sennheiser EW 112P G3-A omni-directional EW system
Sennheiser 100 Portable Wireless Microphone System, G, Ew 112P G4-a
Sennheiser AVX Camera-Mountable Lavalier Pro Digital Wireless Set with Sennheiser MKE 600 Shotgun Microphone and 4-Hour Rapid Charger (2300mAh) (Gold)
Saramonic UwMIC9 96-Channel Digital UHF Wireless Lavalier Microphone System, Includes RX9 Portable Receiver, TX9 Bodypack Transmitter
Audio-Technica System 10 ATW-1701/L Portable Camera Mount Wireless Lavalier System
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||TheCameraBox||Kellards||JZS Camera & Electronics||Quantum Networks|
The Sennheiser AVX-ME2 Lavalier Set is the perfect digital wireless microphone for film projects. The system fully self configures and is ready to film within seconds. Its ultra compact receiver fits directly into the XLR audio input of your camera or recording device. The body pack transmitter and lavalier microphone is ideal for hands-free interview and documentary situations.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Here are my thoughts after personally handling them:
PROS: Build quality, other than the expanded batteries, seems amazing. They have a very sturdy and solid feel to them. I would not be worried about them breaking easily. I love the update Sennheiser did with the antenna not being a wire sticking out. I love how compact these are!
CONS: I was unable to witness the sound quality for myself or even turn the device on. The batteries arrived defective and unremoveable from the bodyback transmitter to charge. I was very let down about that.
An improvement I'd love to see from The Camera Box store is the way it was shipped. I would feel more comfortable if box arrived in separate outer box to protect it better and conceal its contents. If I had this shipped to my front door, there is a large label saying its a Sennheiser microphone and I'd be concerned about it getting stolen from the porch as its a more valuable item. If you are considering buying from this store, I recommend shipping to a PO Box for this reason.
1. The blue antenna cap on the receiver is loose and rattles, I had to use tape to hold it properly.
2. Delay. There is a 18-19ms delay in audio compared to the G2 or G3 which is pretty much realtime. So when I used the AVX in combo with G2 or G3 shoots all audio from AVX was delayed and caused echo which means I have to correct audio in post every shoot. That is a deal breaker for me. It almost forces you to switch all wireless to AVX and at the price point, that is a big ask or constantly sync audio in editing. (Returned for this reason)
3. Receiver battery life is bad, I barely got 2-3 hours out of it, and when it gets hot outside or used in heat it was worse. Its only a 430 mAh battery and of course spares are an absurd $50 a piece. Body pack battery is good. (They need an extended battery and it would fit easily)
4. Auto gain, it mostly works, but it's not optimal in louder conditions. I did a shoot in open wheel sports car, coming to a stop you can hear voice audio climb artificially and when car moves you can hear gain drop. In a quiet atmosphere with only talking its not noticeable. But gain movement is present in louder settings.
5. Where is the manual sensitivity setting? Come on.
6. Swivel design of receiver a potential point of failure and also moves a bit too easy which can cause rattling connection issues.
7. The Mic clip for ME2 is junk, plastic snapped first use, what was wrong with metal spring clips?
1. Build quality, solid. Much better body packs than G2/G3 due to antenna design.
2. Small receiver is a blessing and curse, it fits on your sound recorders, cameras etc without taking up space or having wires if you use XLR.
3. Replaceable Lithium Ion Body pack and Lithium Poly Receiver pack.
4. Zero audio drops, clear connection
5. Stupid simple setup and sync
6. Sennhesier build quality (mostly)
If you are only using system in controlled, quiet, interview setting its going to work great.
Battery life, delay and quirks with gain are deal breakers.