Save Big On Open-Box & Used Products: Buy "Sennheiser HD 280 Pro Headphones” from Amazon Open-Box & Used and save 17% off the $99.95 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all offers from Amazon Open-Box & Used.
Sennheiser HD 280 Pro Headphones
|Price:||$99.95 & FREE Shipping. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Dynamic, closed-ear headphones with up to 32 dB attenuation of outside sound
- Lightweight and comfortable, ergonomic design, Cord Length - 3.3 - 9.8 feet Coiled
- Extended frequency response and warm, natural sound reproduction
- Around-the-ear design with padded earcups
- Earpads, headband padding, and audio cord are easily replaceable, ensuring long life
- Dynamic, closed-ear headphones with up to 32 dB attenuation of outside sound
- Lightweight and comfortable, ergonomic design
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Compare to Similar Items
This item: Sennheiser HD 280 Pro Headphones
Sennheiser HD 558 Headphones B004FEEY9A
Sennheiser HD 518 Headphones (Black) B0042A68R8
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Headphones Form Factor||closed-back||open-back||closed-back||open-back|
|Dimensions||8 inches x 7 inches x 4 inches||8.07 inches x 3.94 inches x 9.15 inches||9.4 inches x 8 inches x 3 inches||8.07 inches x 3.94 inches x 9.45 inches|
|Item Weight||1 pounds||0.57 pounds||1 pounds||1.42 pounds|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
From the Manufacturer
The HD 280 Pro is Sennheiser's most significant closed, around-the-ear headphone to be introduced in years. Designed to exceed the demands of the professional environment, the HD 280 Pro boasts extremely robust construction combined with the sound quality, modular design, and aggressive noise isolation the necessary in the field. The unique collapsible design, combined with swiveling ear cups, offers maximum flexibility in any application.
Accurate, Linear Sound for Monitoring Applications
The HD 280 PRO is a pair of closed, dynamic stereo headphones that deliver accurate, linear sound reproduction with up to 32dB of ambient noise attenuation for critical monitoring applications. Optimum impedance ensures universal compatibility, from home listening to studio monitoring. The space-saving design features collapsible, rotating earcups that are very comfortable to wear, even if used for long periods of time.
The Sennheiser HD 280 PRO features rugged construction with user-replaceable parts, including the cable and the earpads. The single-sided, coiled cable has a 3.5mm mini jack and comes with a locking 1/4" adapter for home or studio stereo equipment.
The Sennheiser HD 280 PRO is compatible with MP3, iPod, DVD, and CD players as well as mobile phones supporting a 3.5mm jack plug. HD 280 PRO also supports (listen only) the latest generation of tablets, from the iPad to the most recent Android tablets and the Blackberry Playbook. It's also compatible with component home stereos, and recording or studio equipment that uses a 1/4" plug, thanks to the included locking 1/4" stereo plug adapter.
What's in the Box?
Sennheiser HD 280 PRO Headphones, 1/4" stereo plug adapter, warranty.
- Connection cable: Coiled cable (min1m/max 3m)
- Contact pressure: 6 N
- Ear coupling: Around-the-ear
- Frequency response (headphones): 8 - 25,000 Hz
- Jack plug: 3.5 / 6.3 mm stereo
- Load rating: 500 mW
- Nominal impedance: 64 Ohms
- Sound pressure level (SPL): 102 dB (IEC 268-7)
- Total harmonic distortion (THD): 0.1%
- Transducer type: Dynamic, closed
- Weight: 7.8 oz (220 g)
Top Customer Reviews
That said, people who look at this headphone are looking for: a) quality sound synonymous with the name Sennheiser b) excellent noise reduction.
a) The sound from these phones is excellent. The standard criteria are there. The signal is very clean, thanks in part to the oxygen free copper cabling used. Bass is controlled and precise so a timpani doesn't sound muffled. Higher frequencies do not hiss and the phones are able to drive high frequency sounds and pull out details lost by consumer grade headphones. Soundstage is fairly narrow as some have said, but much better than consumer sets that sound like the sound source is inside your head. Of course, a DSP solution for soundstage expansion could help if someone didn't like the soundstage.
What people should realise is that most music is optimised for listening on a stereo system and not headphones. A search for "binaural music" will yield samples that show how music should be sampled for headphones. Anyways, the HD-280 Pros also have 64 Ohms of resistance so an amplifier isn't needed.
b) The biggest impression I got from these phones is silence. Not total silence, since with the headphones on I could still hear outside noise. Once the music starts playing, however, music is much clearer because background noises have been attenuated so effectively.
That was the biggest attraction of these headphones.Read more ›
As a basis for this review, the following helps set the context:
1. I listen to music mostly using Windows Media Player from my computer, with absolutely none of the special effects - no SRS, no equalizer, nothing. Just direct playback.
2. I listen approximately 5 hours every day.
I have organized this review into various sections that I particularly care for in a set of headphones.
1. Channel separation: This hasn't been mentioned in any of the other reviews, so I am unsure if it is just me. But I have never observed such accurate channel separation in any set of headphones I have tried before (see down the review for a list of my headphones)! It is truly a concert feeling - every distinct note, vocal or beat seems come from a specific place, pure left, pure right, somewhere deep, etc - exactly where it is meant to come from, almost like I was listening to true 5.1 channel music! It is not all bundled up in the center of the head. For instance, listen to "Wish you were here" by Pink Floyd. I never knew before putting these phones on that almost the entire 1st minute of the music (the background tv, the muffled guitaring) is entirely on the right channel, and only the breaths, coughs etc are on both channels! Listen to "Mrs. Robinson" by Simon & Garfunkel. The base guitar is on the right channel. The lead guitar starts on the left and slowly moves towards center. It is amazing! I notice this of so many songs, I want to listen to them all over again!
2. Fidelity: This is truly a killer.Read more ›
Although plastic in design, the product has a solid, quality construction (made in Ireland if you care). An advantage, as you may already know, is that most of the components are designed to be replaced due to wear or damage. I like the folding convenience of the 280s, but don't expect them to fit in your coat pocket.
After burning these puppies in for 24 hours, the audio quality truly impresses with details I've never noticed before in my Definitive Technology and Aperion Audio home theatre/stero systems. Initially I thought the bass was a *little* lacking, but the cans have developed a fuller, richer sound with burn-in. I'm tempted to buy a second pair so I don't have to carry mine from home to work all the time.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Love these. Take these everywhere. I wish they folded more portably, however.Published 3 days ago by John Ruml
I bought these for use in my noisy office and even though they are not "noise cancelling" they do a great job of it! They are also very comfortable to wear and sound great.Published 4 days ago by T. Erickson
By far the best headphones you can buy for the price. I have owned multiple pairs of other name brand headphoens and not only did they not last as long they also lack aany apparent... Read morePublished 6 days ago by marc
Really crisp sound quality. Does not have much for bass, but with a studio monitor headset it is what you want! The fordable cups are comfortable on me. Read morePublished 7 days ago by tanner s.
10 STARS FOR AWESOME SOUND QUALITY.
-8 stars for rubbish parts. the plastic headband AND the fake vinyl and earpads will start to shred apart and/or break within 1 year. Read more
I bought these phones back in 2006 and have worn them almost every day since that time. The material in the earpads and the cushion on the top is finally falling apart, but I've... Read morePublished 12 days ago by D. Lucas
Dad loves these. I bought them for my dad to replace his 8 year old 7506 headphones. He said these are a little more comfortable but slightly bigger which is not an issue. Read morePublished 12 days ago by cotydlux
The headset is a little clunky and big for my head but works great and serves the exact purpose I was looking to fill.Published 15 days ago by April M. Mills