Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Sennheiser HD 8 DJ Headphones" and save 50% off the $349.00 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
4-Year Musical Instruments Accidental Protection Planfrom Warrantech
- Accidental damage (drops and spills) and power surge coverage begin day 1. Parts and labor coverage for mechanical and electrical failures begins after your product's warranty expires.
- Plan Terms and Conditions sent via email within hours of completing your purchase, please look for an email from "Amazon Support" If you do not receive.
- Provides nationwide repair support as per the Terms and Conditions. If your product can't be repaired, an Amazon Gift Card will be provided.
- Includes free shipping for covered claims, no hidden fees, easy online or over the phone claim process, cancel at any time.
Sennheiser HD 8 DJ Headphones
- Elliptical, circumaural (over ear) closed back design delivers maximum comfort while isolating ambient noise in the loudest of listening environments
- Many critical components are machined from metal that contribute to superb audio performance while providing legendary Sennheiser reliability and durability
- Both ear cups swivel up to 210 Degree, providing many wearing positions and the supplied single-sided cables (coiled and straight, 3m) can be attached to either ear cup
- Legendary Sennheiser sound quality combined with high SPL capability (115dB) and ambient noise isolation insures a perfect mix in any environment; 95-ohm impedance for optimum compatibility with DJ equipment
- Premium protective case included; Two year warranty
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers also shopped for
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
DJ headphones that face the music — and perform.
Sennheiser is shaping the Future of Audio – a vision built on a 70-year history of innovation and a continued drive for excellence that is woven into our company’s DNA and culture. Around the world, our employees share this passion in the pursuit of the perfect sound, creating products that exceed expectations and set new benchmarks in audio.
Inspired by the Legend.
Sennheiser HD Series
The Pro DJ series carries a legendary sound into a new decade. Everything that DJs love about the HD 25 lives on in specialized versions for live or studio environments — with a slightly extended bass line and even clearer highs. What we reinvented is the design: unmatched exterior shielding and attenuation. A resonance-absorbing frame. Circumaural ear pads that pump your mix directly into your ear. And its wearing comfort allows you to drive the crowd for hours and hours.
Sennheiser is the favorite choice of many great DJs. Because our headphones have a built-in understanding of how DJs work. They are sturdy, intelligently designed, and provide outstanding sound - they are guaranteed to become an integral part of your set.
- Two year warranty
- Excellent sound reproduction
- Crafted from durable, high quality parts to guarantee years of use
HD8 DJ - Developed with DJs. Built with passion.
Its iconic metal pivot rings allows the user to swivel the ear cups up to 210° for easy one-ear monitoring at the turntable.
Elliptical, circumaural design
Allows for maximum comfort and reduces background noise to a minimum in even the loudest of listening environments.
Protective, hard shell case
Qty: 2 cables included
|HD 6 Mix (Closed pro mixing headphones)||HD 8 DJ (Closed DJ headphones)|
|Impedance||150 Ohm||95 Ohm|
|Frequency response||8 – 30,000 Hz||8 – 30,000 Hz|
|Sound pressure level (SPL)||112 dB||115 dB|
|THD, total harmonic distortion||<0.1%||<0.1%|
|Transducer principle||dynamic, closed||dynamic, closed|
|Jack plug||3.5mm straight||3.5mm straight|
|Cable length||coiled 1.5m-3.0m, straight 3.0m||coiled 1.5m-3.0m, straight 3.0m|
|Weight w/o cable||9.3 Ounces||10 Ounces|
|Warranty||2 Years||2 Years|
Compare with similar items
Sony MDR7506 Professional Large Diaphragm Headphone
Pioneer Pro DJ HDJ-2000MK2-K DJ Headphone, Black
Numark HF325 | On-Ear DJ Headphones
Denon DJ HP1100 | Professional Over-Ear DJ Headphones with 180-degree Cup Swivel & Leather Carry Bag (53mm driver / 3500mW input)
Sennheiser HD8 DJ 3 Wearing Positions Headphone plus Fiio A3 Headphone Amplifier (Black)
|Price||$299.95||Add to cart to see product details. Why?||$299.99||$68.50||$199.00||$329.95|
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Item Dimensions||4.3 x 9.1 x 10.2 in||1 x 1 x 1 in||8.98 x 4.92 x 8.98 in||7 x 3 x 7.2 in||3.9 x 9.1 x 6.7 in||—|
|Item Weight||3 lbs||0.5 lb||—||1 lb||0.73 lb||—|
|Additional Features||Excellent sound reproduction across the audible range thanks to Sennheiser’s proprietary acoustics system, Elliptical, circumaural design for maximum comfort and reduces background noise to a minimum in even the loudest of listening environments.||foldable||—||—||—||—|
Take control of the club with Sennheiser's top-of-the-line DJ model - HD8 DJ. The HD8 DJ was designed for demanding users, punishing pro environments and developed in conjunction with some of the world's top DJs. Acoustically inspired by the legendary HD 25; they deliver dynamic sound, focusing on the rhythm and beat matching which professionals need. Constructed of premium metal-crafted reinforcement parts, the HD8 DJ are built to deliver night after night. Rigorously engineered metal pivot rings allow the user to swivel the ear cups up to 210 Degree for easy one-ear monitoring at the turntable. Soft, durable ear cushions ensure a comfortable fit even after hours of use and virtually eliminate background noise so that nothing comes between you and the music. The HD8 DJ is a serious tool for those who take performance seriously.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
(See below) I'm curious to put these up against a set of the new V-Moda Crossfades. I've seen the reviews via djbooth.net as they give the V-Moda's #1 and these #3 ratings. Sennheiser has 2/3 headphones in the top 3. I really don't think you can go wrong.
I recently got my hands on the V-Moda Crossfades w/blutooth for a comparison. The Crossfades sound great and the build is outstanding, but they lack the sound isolation and collapsible/adjust-ability of the hinges on the HD8's. Furthermore, I returned the Crossfades because I prefer the sound response, dual wiring options, and adjust-ability of the HD8's. The V-Moda's would be my #1 pick for anything other than DJ'n.
**YEAR UPDATE** - After more than a year of use, I am happy to report that these headphones still function/sound and look the same as the first day I bought them...which was and is EXCELLENT! I will say that I have not used the folding function for quite a long time; these cans are either on or off my head. But for packing/storage, it is still a good feature. I did try out the plush cup pads and actually prefer them. Sennheiser has made me a customer for life from this product alone!
These headphones are my first upgrade since ~2001 coming from multiple pairs of Sony MDR-V700 DJ headphones. I love those headphones but they are super uncomfortable after a short period of time because of the clamping force on your ears. Also, the swivel hinges always break...I have had zip ties on my current pair for over 6 years.
I wear headphones ~8 hours a day, so this purchase was very important to me.
The HD8 is definitely an upgrade in build quality, comfort, and amazing sound quality. I can hear the premium I paid for these badboys. If you listen to dance music, you are in for a treat; so much clarity in tandem with a strong bass that does not fatigue your ears. As I write this, I am listening to some classical music @ 320kbs with a flat EQ and it sounds excellent (with a flat EQ).
Sound isolation is GREAT. Can't be disturbed easily and I do not disturb others around me...except when one earcup is folded behind your ear...then there is sound leakage that others will hear that are close by in a quiet room.
I really appreciate the included two types of cords and the ability to plug into either earcup. I have not tried the plush or whatever cup pads because I like the pleather ones.
The build quality is top-notch. I expect these to last 15+ years.
Some key things I wanted to point out that other reviews I read/watched didn't really mention:
- The design choice to fold the earcup behind your ear is awkward; It is going to take some getting used to...and I will have to force myself to try it.
- Doing a single click back on the fold to expose some of your ear is not as comfortable or effective as just positioning the entire headphones off that ear like you would traditionally.
- When wearing these for an hour+, the top of my head where the band rests feels some discomfort. This is probably due to me rocking a shaved head and having no hat or hair to add some extra padding....but I would imagine that it would put a nice band imprint on your hair there, so don't assume these have that 'free-float/weightless' feel that some headphones have. But it is not bad enough for me to complain...just mentioning.
- You can hear through the cups when the cord touches things. This is only really noticeable when the audio is quiet or muted, but still I noticed it the instant I put these on for the first time.
The bottom line: just a pleasure. I am in love with listening to music again...I feel like a teenager with my first Walkman.
I use them in the office and when I have them turned up to about 60 percent of max (which is about as loud as I can take) the person next to me can't hear anything. There is a good amount of bass, but not overwhelming like some other headphones. I also found these headphones extremely clear and crisp. Some other headphones I've tried had the same level of bass, but sounded muddy compared to these Sennheisers. I use these headphones with my LG V20, which has a very nice DAC. As a result, all music sounds very bright and lively. Overall, I'm very happy with the sound quality.
I also appreciate the excellent build quality of these headphones. They feel sturdy and substantial without being awkward to handle or wear for long periods of time. The headphones fold up nicely so it's easy to pack away. The set comes with a nice case but the case is a bit big. Given that these headphones were designed for DJ-ing, you can't fault Sennheiser too much for the case size. It's still really nice and does a good job at protecting the headphones and accessories that come with them.
At first I thought that I'd probably return these headphones because they were too expensive. But after using them, I absolutely love them and will be enjoying them for years to come.
As durable as the headphones themselves and at a perfect length as well.