Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Sennheiser HD280PRO Headphone (new model)" and save 35% off the $129.00 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Sennheiser HD280PRO Headphone (new model)
|Price:||$99.95 & FREE Shipping. Details|
- Dynamic, closed-ear headphones
- Lightweight and comfortable, ergonomic design, Cord Length - 3.3 - 9.8 feet Coiled
- Extended frequency response and warm, natural sound reproduction
- Around-the-ear design with padded ear cups - Dynamic, closed-ear headphones with up to 32 dB attenuation of outside sound
- Ear pads, headband padding, and audio cord are easily replaceable, ensuring long life
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
Compare to similar items
This item Sennheiser HD280PRO Headphone (new model)
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
The HD 280 PRO is a pair of closed, dynamic stereo headphones that deliver accurate, linear sound reproduction with ambient noise attenuation for critical monitoring applications. Optimum impedance ensures universal compatibility, from home listening to studio monitoring. The space-saving design features collapsible, rotating ear cups that are very comfortable to wear, even if used for long periods of time.
Top Customer Reviews
These are not designed for listening on the go. In the comfort of your home , they're great .
I own expensive and cheap pairs. I'm a classical musician that listens to everything.
These are good for home passive isolation. You don't need much volume to get lost in your world .
Cons: The bass is hard to hear unless you EQ it, and volume is not very high.
Also, very bulky and a long heavy coiled chord.
I'll keep them for home use with a movie or the stereo when there is noise around. At least until I decide to spend $300 in the Bose Quiet Comfort 20. ( great isolation , but very poor sound and bass response from a $300 headset !)
Pros: I record music at home, so a flat signal helps ( hence the Pro name).
The sound improved after 3 days of leaving them on the stereo burning them in 24/7.
They are great for classical music. Trebles are not harsh, so there is less fatigue after a couple of hours.
The even signal is very enjoyable , and the isolation works great . I would enjoy a tiny more bass, but it is there, and the quality makes up for it.
Coiled cable works great to move around your work space, you can tell it's what they were designed for.
I love how these sound ! Not muddy at all.
These Senheisser HD Pro 280 are great for the price,and probably a neutral signal that works for recording, but you can explore other options, specially for portable listening , both in regards to comfort and getting a lively sound.
I hope it helps.
***Update: in a week, these are giving me more bass and are comfortable for hours. I tuck the coiled cable on my side, using my belt, and walk around with them all day.
Even on the bus I can hear details without playing music too loud.
I don't hear ppl talking to me.
Popular music like John Meyer or Dave Mathews Band, Cake, Pantera, pop, Jazz, sounds as good as piano music now. Orchestra and acoustic sound great also. I'm not using the other headphones anymore.
Try them and burn them in for a week.
Great value: sturdy , and great sound !
1) It doesn't fit my head and I can't adjust enough. The top of the headphone presses down on the top of my head too much. I have the adjustments pulled out to the max but it's not enough. I removed the padding on the top to make more space but it's still not enough. My only solution so far is to place it on top of my earlobes a little bit or curling my earlobes inside the headphones, neither option is very comfortable. I have never been told I have a large head before, I wear baseball caps at 3 or 4 notches in, so I don't think my head is that abnormal.
2) When the cord rubs on things as move around it amplifies the rubbing noise in my ear to an annoying level. I have to make sure position the cord carefully so as to avoid it rubbing on anything. It seems like this could have been easily fixed with some kind of insulating wassher between the cord's plastic shell and the headphone cans.
Next: did this product work satisfy the purpose for which I bought it? Yes, and then some.
One of the reviews marked "Most Helpful" indicates that these wouldn't fit someone with a large head. Let me tell you something. My wife tells me my head looks like the mother alien from that movie, "Alien." I have a huuuuuge head. And these fit great. In addition to a huge head, I have huge ears. And the cups fit over them fine too. In terms of fit, they're perfectly comfortable for the 5+ hours I have them on my head each day.
Next up, noise reduction. While these are not active noise-cancelling cans, they form a great seal and I can't even hear my keyboard clacking from 2 feet away when I've got tunes on. I love them. They drown out all my coworkers and let me concentrate on work.
Lastly, build quality. These have a nice, thick, coated cord, which I'm told is replaceable as well. The headband is pliant but not brittle, and while the padding material seems dubious, I haven't noticed any problems yet. I'm waiting to see if that foam-like material will start to crack, and if so, I'll come back and update this review.
Overall, this is a 5-star product. No drawbacks, all plusses. I'd buy these to give as gifts! Love 'em.
The other issue is the tightness to the ears. The phones are always putting pressure on my ears. Gets very uncomfortable after wearing for awhile. I couldn't find any adjustment to relief the pressure. or tightness. Anybody with a narrow head they will fit fine.
The cups fit the ear very well, except for the pressure, They sound great and seem very tough..
I emailed them about the cord and in there own words... "There is NO way for you to get your HD280pro to have a straight cable." So if your thinking about this headphone, think twice.. headband is very tight and the coiled cord is always in a tight pull.
Added: After putting pressure on the tech, he did say the cord can be replaced but with difficulty.. I attached an image of the area in question.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
It is used by our AV guy and he has not given any negative feedback.Read more